FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Launch any app with the screen off gestures

132 posts
Thanks Meter: 151

By Thomson2412, Senior Member on 24th November 2016, 07:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have made a mod for the oneplus one. And since i think these devices have much in common I'm curious if the mod works on the find7 as well.
Is there anyone who wants to try it?

OG Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...sture-t3186507
Attached Files
File Type: zip LaunchAnyApp20161027.zip - [Click for QR Code] (494.5 KB, 30 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Thomson2412 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thomson2412 Ad-Free

29th November 2016, 04:43 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomson2412

I have made a mod for the oneplus one. And since i think these devices have much in common I'm curious if the mod works on the find7 as well.
Is there anyone who wants to try it?

OG Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...sture-t3186507

Anyone tried it?
4th December 2016, 10:17 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 162

More
@Thomson2412:
First of all - if anybody with Find 7 is to flash this, he will probably have a custom ROM and it does not have to be CM.
Your zip is obviously for CM ROM. I am using OmniROM with Android 7.1 at the moment.

I flashed it and found out it is not working at all. Altought, it does add the options to settings panel.
Setting any option does not do anything and checking Haptic feedback for any action causes crash.

---
When I flashed the Omni version you have in your original thread (after I removed the OnePlus related checks) the settings options were not there at all - it is in Settings - Device Features.

1. Setting app for Camera gesture works.
2. Clicking on setting vibrator strength causes crash.

And I might be wrong, but it seems that flashing that zip messed up my "menu button one-click".
I do not get any menu popups anymore. Even when I put the original version back..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20161204-102711.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	3957430  
The Following User Says Thank You to andriman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andriman Ad-Free
4th December 2016, 09:33 PM |#4  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 205

Donate to Me
More
@Thomson2412 hi I find it's nice feature since I have used this kind of feature when I had oppo f1... Now I am using zuk z1 a msm8974/sd801 device... Can you help me to port it for my device.? Thanks in advanced..
5th December 2016, 03:49 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech mashido

@Thomson2412 hi I find it's nice feature since I have used this kind of feature when I had oppo f1... Now I am using zuk z1 a msm8974/sd801 device... Can you help me to port it for my device.? Thanks in advanced..

Does it have off screen gestures?
9th December 2016, 10:52 PM |#6  
Flag Chennai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Does it have off screen gestures?

No... I am talking about custom roms to have this mod
10th December 2016, 04:20 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

No... I am talking about custom roms to have this mod

I can't add gestures to a rom that doesn't have them by default because that would require a kernel change and I'm not capable (yet) to implement "new" gestures. Currently I don't have the time nor interest in learning how to change a kernel. So if your device doesn't have gestures I'm afraid I cant be of any help. I only alter what gestures do not add them or create custom ones.

I hope this answers your question, if not feel free to ask some more
11th December 2016, 11:56 AM |#8  
Flag Chennai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I can't add gestures to a rom that doesn't have them by default because that would require a kernel change and I'm not capable (yet) to implement "new" gestures. Currently I don't have the time nor interest in learning how to change a kernel. So if your device doesn't have gestures I'm afraid I cant be of any help. I only alter what gestures do not add them or create custom ones.

I hope this answers your question, if not feel free to ask some more

If you are talking those off screen gesture features which comes in OPPO phones mostly (like draw C to open camera or draw M to open music app ) then these kind of features "by default" we dont have in any stock or custom rom But

if Double to tap wake screen (D2W) feature is enough to work your mod on my device then yes we do have this thing in all ROMs by default(kernel enabled )....,,
11th December 2016, 12:10 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

If you are talking those off screen gesture features which comes in OPPO phones mostly (like draw C to open camera or draw M to open music app ) then these kind of features "by default" we dont have in any stock or custom rom But

if Double to tap wake screen (D2W) feature is enough to work your mod on my device then yes we do have this thing in all ROMs by default(kernel enabled )....,,

Then there is not much i can do I'm afraid
11th December 2016, 12:42 PM |#10  
Flag Chennai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Then there is not much i can do I'm afraid

haha no problem, mate ....thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to tech mashido For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tech mashido Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)