FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE/ADB] OPPO FIND X System Apps Safe To Uninstall/Disable Without Root

2,748 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,249

By KOLIOSIS, Senior Member on 18th July 2018, 07:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
THIS TUTORIAL IS GEARED TOWARDS THOSE THAT HAVE THE VERSION OF THE PHONE WITH CHINESE FIRMWARE,MAY BE USED AS A GENERAL GUIDE FOR OTHER VERSIONS.

The subject of app/bloatware removal/disabling has been mentioned in a few threads throughout the Oppo Find X forum,so,I thought I'd start a thread to centralize the topic.
As w/any mods go,this is one that's fairly harmless,worse case scenario,a factory reset will get you back on track,but,ultimately everyone is responsible for their own phone & what happens to it.

With that out of the way..............
1) Any app that can be easily uninstalled by the "uninstall" button is 100% safe,no harm whatsoever. If you want,d/l an apk extractor tool app to make a copy & store wherever,should you change your mind.

2) Now,most are interested in getting rid of as many of the OPPO system apps as possible w/o crippling wanted functionality. This will be an evolving list,& gradually adding to it,with input from anyone interested,I'll update the list right here.

3) OK,the How-To is right here https://www.xda-developers.com/unins...t-root-access/

4) Any input regarding adding to the list is encouraged.
If you have something to add to the list that you're tried out yourself,please include any effects on functionality that may have resulted,especially if it affected other apps & their functionality,good,bad,or otherwise.

5) Once again,tried & tested input is highly encouraged & welcome. I'm open to suggestions on trying out app removal that ventures into uncharted territory,however,depending on what it is & how/when I'm using my phone,it might be a few days before I'm free for Guinea Pig duty.....

6) Touching on point #5,if,for whatever reason,one is in no position to go into uncharted waters w/this,that's fine,I just recommend waiting a few days after the apps that you're interested in removing 1st,check the list & dates below. No one wants a borked phone that needs reset at an inoppportune time to get things restored to useability.
I myself won't be able to test every day,I get it,so,if you can't test things for yourself & share here,that is perfectly OK,JUST HANG IN THERE UNTIL THE SAFE LIST IS STABLE FOR A FEW DAYS BEFORE PROCEEDING.

The list will grow & evolve/be edited on a continuous basis until we all get it figured out.

KUDOS to @justinswidebody for stepping up as a community leader & testing the apps that have risks/etc... that may warrant a reset/starting over,your efforts are to be commended by all who reap the rewards of your contributions,I can't thank you enough.

A couple points worth repeating,from the link & instructions :

******** A factory reset will restore all uninstalled apps.

******** OTA's shouldn't be affected or affect the status of apps,whether they're installed or uninstalled (unless,of course,you've deleted something pertaining to updates,which won't be listed below)

FYI: The dates reflect the time of posting/removal,for ease of troubleshooting,in the event something noteworthy gets broken,it gives a good reference where to begin looking for the problem/solution.

************************************************** ************************************************** *************************************************
OPPO LAUNCHER com.oppo.launcher (7/18/18) : Must install A 3rd Party Launcher (Nova/etc....) prior to removal.

Also,for those that plan on using swipe gestures for navigation,for some,it gets broken somewhat,read the following post on the subject:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...5&postcount=40

The fix for the swipe navigation,if needed can be found here,courtesy of @justinswidebody ......... KUDOS :

https://forum.xda-developers.com/fin...loper-t3819122

Those using virtual navigation buttons are unaffected.
************************************************** ************************************************** **************************************************
MESSAGES com.android.mms (7/18/18) : Ensure that you have an Oppo account before removal,to prevent Oppo ID pop-ups & possibly other issues.
Recommend to have another SMS/MMS app installed before removal,may not be necessary.
DO NOT REMOVE INFORMATION SERVICES (com.android.mms.service)

************************************************** ************************************************** **************************************************

com.android.browser (7/18/18) : Recommend to have another browser installed before removal,may not be necessary
com.android.printspooler (7/18/18)
com.coloros.cloud (7/18/18)
com.coloros.gamespace (7/18/18)
com.coloros.soundrecorder (7/18/18)
com.coloros.speechassist (7/18/18)
com.nearme.atlas (7/18/18)
com.nearme.instant.platform (7/18/18)
com.oppo.logkitservice (7/18/18)
com.oppo.logkit (7/18/18)
com.oppo.ovoicemanager (7/18/18)
com.oppo.oppopowermonitor (7/18/18)
com.oppo.quicksearchbox (7/18/18)
com.oppo.securepay (7/18/18)
com.oppo.webview (7/18/18)

com.android.calendar (7/19/18)
com.coloros.appmanager (7/19/18)
com.coloros.childrenspace (7/19/18) KidSpace
com.coloros.healthcheck (7/19/18)
com.coloros.weather.service (7/19/18)
com.coloros.widget.smallweather (7/19/18) Clock Widget
com.mobiletools.systemhelper (7/19/18)
com.oppo.fingerprints.fingerprintsensortest (7/19/18) Fingerprint Sensor Test

com.coloros.oppomultiapp (7/20/18) Clone Apps (Removing Clone Phone breaks this,by removing the base package & suspect vice versa,removing one breaks the other)
com.coloros.backuprestore (7/20/18) Clone Phone
com.coloros.assistantscreen (7/20/18) Smart Assistant

************************************************** ************************************************** *************************************************

The following,while they can be removed,are known to break significant functionality,or,cause other undesired results,remove at your own risk:

com.coloros.securitypermission (Privacy Permissions) (7/19/18) Breaks app permission management when removed.
com.coloros.pictorial (Lockscreen Magazine) (7/19/18) Removal will result in no longer being able to access Lockscreen settings,I recommend keeping this one
com.OppoFreeFallingMonitor.apk (8/8/18) Provides protection for camera slider in the event of a fall. Best described here: https://www.gizchina.com/2018/06/20/...5-years-usage/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KOLIOSIS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KOLIOSIS Ad-Free

18th July 2018, 08:18 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
*****Reserved*****
18th July 2018, 08:31 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Added the following to the OP/List:
Oppo WebView com.oppo.webview (7/18/18)
Game Space com.coloros.gamespace (7/18/18)
Oppo/ColorOS Cloud com.coloros.cloud (7/18/18)
18th July 2018, 10:01 PM |#4  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 165

More
Good list. There is one issue if using 3rd party file manager to install anything it asks to login. Need to find out if we can do a workaround by deleting some package.
18th July 2018, 10:07 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.gid

Good list. There is one issue if using 3rd party file manager to install anything it asks to login. Need to find out if we can do a workaround by deleting some package.

Guessing it has something to do with Phone Manager & Security apps,but,I'm not quite comfortable removing either ATM,until I can take a look around @ other Oppo Devices running a recent version of Color OS & get a better idea of the effects of removing either.

In the meantime,just another alternative:
You can side-load apps/.apks via Bluetooth sharing from another device without issue.
19th July 2018, 03:42 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thanks a lot for the Guide! I really wanna get rid of the launcher....
Therefore, beginner question:
If I run the adb devices command (inside the platform-tools folder) it shows no device in the list.
I enabled USB Debugging on the phone.
Is it necessary to manually install the driver for the phone to make adb work?
I found a driver here (mobileheadlines.net/) but I am not sure if this website is trustworthy.
Thanks for your help.
BTW: I think your link to the make adb run is not working properly. At least i get an 403 error message. Is this the how to you wanted to refer to?
19th July 2018, 03:57 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tschifeif

Thanks a lot for the Guide! I really wanna get rid of the launcher....
Therefore, beginner question:
If I run the adb devices command (inside the platform-tools folder) it shows no device in the list.
I enabled USB Debugging on the phone.
Is it necessary to manually install the driver for the phone to make adb work?
I found a driver here (mobileheadlines.net/) but I am not sure if this website is trustworthy.
Thanks for your help.
BTW: I think your link to the make adb run is not working properly. At least i get an 403 error message. Is this the how to you wanted to refer to?

THX for the heads-up on the link,it's fixed now.

The drivers should install themselves,but,before you do that,you have to enable Developer Options & once there,you'll need to toggle-on USB Debugging.
This tutorial for Dev Options/USB De-Bugging is for other OPPO devices,but,is applicable here:
https://www.syncios.com/android/how-...g-oppo-f1.html

Once you do the above,plug-in to your PC & the drivers will automatically install.
Then pull down on the notification bar,tap on the USB Debugging notification,select Transfer files.

Also,the 1st time you connect/use USB Debugging,you'll see a pop-up window asking for permission,allow it. If you don't see it,disconnect from the PC,re-connect,select File Transfer & keep the phone unlocked,until you see the permission pop-up. I recommend selecting "Always" so,you don't have to bother w/it again.

Check this video out,it covers most of the steps:

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...he+OPPO+FIND+X
The Following User Says Thank You to KOLIOSIS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KOLIOSIS Ad-Free
19th July 2018, 04:32 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Removed (OPPO) Search com.oppo.quicksearchbox ........added to OP/List.
19th July 2018, 08:30 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIOSIS

Removed (OPPO) Search com.oppo.quicksearchbox ........added to OP/List.

Just removed com.oppo.launcher which was the primary concern! Nova Launcher works as far as I can tell without the need to set it as the default browser. Many thanks KOLIOSIS, I'm sure you have an idea of how much I hated the default launcher...
The Following User Says Thank You to rmurase For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rmurase Ad-Free
19th July 2018, 09:51 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmurase

Just removed com.oppo.launcher which was the primary concern! Nova Launcher works as far as I can tell without the need to set it as the default browser. Many thanks KOLIOSIS, I'm sure you have an idea of how much I hated the default launcher...

this system i very closed..
nova do not stay on ..
19th July 2018, 01:30 PM |#11  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 165

More
Any adverse effects removing power monitor? Notifications or battery life?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)