FORUMS

oppo updates schedule

246 posts
Thanks Meter: 55

By Mohamad Gahed, Senior Member on 11th March 2020, 10:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Dear oppo owners

I never used an oppo phone before but am thinking about the find x2 pro, i just wanted to know frankly if oppo is fast in updates specially the major os updates or not

And does it guarantee 2 major Android versions same as Samsung or not

Thanks in advance
20th March 2020, 12:41 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Yea want to together to you
31st March 2020, 07:47 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
would like to know this too
if Oppo has a tool like Odin akin to Samsung where we can download fw and flash ourselves for the monthly Android security patches at least.
The Following User Says Thank You to xenocide976 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xenocide976 Ad-Free
3rd April 2020, 01:51 PM |#4  
Flag Almere, Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 389

Donate to Me
More
So far so good. Since I've got the device there was 2 software update (just received the second one today)
CPH2025_11_A.10 with March security patch and some improvements in system. Also Facebook got dark mode by default.
3rd April 2020, 07:42 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Where did you purchase your Find, did it have Chinese firmware or was it the global version. Mine has the Chinese and I want to change it over to the global.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunhool

So far so good. Since I've got the device there was 2 software update (just received the second one today)
CPH2025_11_A.10 with March security patch and some improvements in system. Also Facebook got dark mode by default.

Where did you purchase your Find, did it have Chinese firmware or was it the global version. Mine has the Chinese and I want to change it over to the global.
3rd April 2020, 07:45 PM |#6  
Flag Almere, Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 389

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunna903

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Mine from the Netherlands and it came with global version. What is your firmware version?
3rd April 2020, 08:06 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunhool

Mine from the Netherlands and it came with global version. What is your firmware version?

Mine is PDEM30_11_A.03, but I'm trying to get the zip file to see if I can change mine to the global.
3rd April 2020, 10:05 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunna903

Mine is PDEM30_11_A.03, but I'm trying to get the zip file to see if I can change mine to the global.

It would require unlocking your bootloader, and I'm pretty sure you cant do that on Oppo devices.

EDIT: It appears I was wrong. I did a bit of research and from what I understand, you can only unlock the bootloader on Chinese variants. But it still is kinda difficult to do. From another thread
"You can only unlock your bootloader once your Oppo ID has been logged into the phone for 60 days or more."
"They only accept 15,000 applications per month and the quota refreshes on the 16th of the month."

But please let me know if you find out any more information about this. I ordered a Find X2 yesterday and I'm probably gonna want to flash a global ROM to get rid of the Chinese bloatware apps. Thanks in advance.
4th April 2020, 02:04 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericho246

It would require unlocking your bootloader, and I'm pretty sure you cant do that on Oppo devices.

EDIT: It appears I was wrong. I did a bit of research and from what I understand, you can only unlock the bootloader on Chinese variants. But it still is kinda difficult to do. From another thread
"You can only unlock your bootloader once your Oppo ID has been logged into the phone for 60 days or more."
"They only accept 15,000 applications per month and the quota refreshes on the 16th of the month."

But please let me know if you find out any more information about this. I ordered a Find X2 yesterday and I'm probably gonna want to flash a global ROM to get rid of the Chinese bloatware apps. Thanks in advance.

Yes sir, if I figure something out, I will indeed let you know.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)