FORUMS

Fix for Widevine L3 to L1

683 posts
Thanks Meter: 393

By trapcoder666, Senior Member on 16th June 2020, 03:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Some of us if not a lot of us have been facing Widevine certification issue out of the box mainly the phone being L3 instead of L1 as per advertised.

Picked mine up 2 days ago and sure enough it was L3. Some of the posts here stated that Oppo told them that the mainboard needed to be changed / they swapped the device however i can now confirm this is not a hardware issue.

Took mine back to the Oppo service centre the very next morning and they fixed it within 30 minutes. When i walked in, the frontdesk customer service representative didn't even know the issue. In fact they didn't even know what Widevine was.

1. Prior to sending and after , my firmware version remained the same which is - CPH2025_11_A.23 ( June security patch - latest version as of now )
2. Phone was not reset when i collected it back 30 minutes later. Every app and settings remained the same as well.

When i asked them what was done to fix it, they told me that they contacted Oppo China and they were given a file to install and reconfigure. Upon further questioning ie what file and can i have a copy of the apk, they declined to answer and stated it's due to privacy reasons.

Firmware version images :

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-06-16-10-47-07-66.jpg
Views:	2032
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	5041687 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-06-16-10-47-03-54.jpg
Views:	1988
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	5041685

Widevine before and after :

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-06-14-19-53-49-26_f22bee4ae9c848ac1a22e1c0639d2983.jpg
Views:	2036
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	5041689 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-06-15-11-29-22-14.jpg
Views:	1968
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	5041691

TL;DR : From the looks of it , this can definitely be fixed with a software update. Just hope that some media picks this up so that Oppo is aware as for now when you email them, all they ask you to do is either reset your phone or clear netflix cache data. Spending so much on a phone only to enjoy Netflix and Amazon Prime content in SD is utterly ridonkulous.

Hope this helps, although there's no Guide, i hope this thread picks up traction and OPPO realizes that this is a common issue.

Cheers.

Edit : Check this post for the fix : https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...17&postcount=5
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trapcoder666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trapcoder666 Ad-Free
16th June 2020, 04:31 PM |#2  
Flag Great Venice Area
Thanks Meter: 8

More
My Find X2 Pro Genuine Italian with FW CPH2025_11A.18

L1
21st June 2020, 10:53 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
UK user L1 firmware a22 and all is well
25th June 2020, 11:41 AM |#4  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapcoder666

Some of us if not a lot of us have been facing Widevine certification issue out of the box mainly the phone being L3 instead of L1 as per advertised.

Picked mine up 2 days ago and sure enough it was L3. Some of the posts here stated that Oppo told them that the mainboard needed to be changed / they swapped the device however i can now confirm this is not a hardware issue.

Took mine back to the Oppo service centre the very next morning and they fixed it within 30 minutes. When i walked in, the frontdesk customer service representative didn't even know the issue. In fact they didn't even know what Widevine was.

1. Prior to sending and after , my firmware version remained the same which is - CPH2025_11_A.23 ( June security patch - latest version as of now )
2. Phone was not reset when i collected it back 30 minutes later. Every app and settings remained the same as well.

When i asked them what was done to fix it, they told me that they contacted Oppo China and they were given a file to install and reconfigure. Upon further questioning ie what file and can i have a copy of the apk, they declined to answer and stated it's due to privacy reasons.

Firmware version images :

Attachment 5041687 Attachment 5041685

Widevine before and after :

Attachment 5041689 Attachment 5041691

TL;DR : From the looks of it , this can definitely be fixed with a software update. Just hope that some media picks this up so that Oppo is aware as for now when you email them, all they ask you to do is either reset your phone or clear netflix cache data. Spending so much on a phone only to enjoy Netflix and Amazon Prime content in SD is utterly ridonkulous.

Hope this helps, although there's no Guide, i hope this thread picks up traction and OPPO realizes that this is a common issue.

Cheers.

Same issue here.

I´ve just speak with the oppo Service Assitance and i´m waiting for their feedback.

Agree with you that with a simply software update issue should be fixed but i´m , afraid that they don´t know well how they need to proceed.

i´ll keep you posted.

Kind regards.
2nd July 2020, 05:42 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Confirmed fix for Widevine L3 to L1
So i opened a thread here previously stating that i had an issue with my widevine and the service centre managed to fix it very short time. Found this apk hidden in my phone just now when i was doing some clean up. I think Oppo service centre forgot to remove it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-a0...ew?usp=sharing

Widevine services apk, when you click install, it should install the key. Not sure if this apk was configured specifically for my phone but those having the issue may try it out.

Godspeed

Attachment 5051953

edit : I tested on 2 of my friends phones who had this issue and it managed to resolve it as well. Once done you need to clear device cache or netflix data and cache. Some users here reported that it fixed it for them as well.
Attached Files
File Type: apk app-release_signed(3).apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.05 MB, 734 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to trapcoder666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trapcoder666 Ad-Free
2nd July 2020, 06:04 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 131

More
I'm on A.24 and it's L1
3rd July 2020, 07:00 AM |#7  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi.
You´r totally right this tool fix the issue with de Widevine cert, and it´s great that you´ve posted for people that is having this issue can fixit it without need to send to the SAT, because no one in Oppo knows (At least in the european division knows how to do it).

Thank you so much, for your help-.

Kind Regards.
3rd July 2020, 03:17 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I tried also. Now drm Info shows L1. Netflix instead still shows L3. it defititly changed Something. But does not fix the Netflix problem.
3rd July 2020, 05:05 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanemad

Hi.
You´r totally right this tool fix the issue with de Widevine cert, and it´s great that you´ve posted for people that is having this issue can fixit it without need to send to the SAT, because no one in Oppo knows (At least in the european division knows how to do it).

Thank you so much, for your help-.

Kind Regards.

Great that it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggx

I tried also. Now drm Info shows L1. Netflix instead still shows L3. it defititly changed Something. But does not fix the Netflix problem.

Clear netflix data and cache and retry again.
The Following User Says Thank You to trapcoder666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trapcoder666 Ad-Free
3rd July 2020, 05:11 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I did, and now everything ist fine.
7th July 2020, 01:36 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Does this also apply to the non pro version? The Oppo Find X2 has the same specs except for camera I believe. Please let me know.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)