[RECOVERY][ariel] TWRP 3.0.2-0 [26 Oct 2016]

Search This thread

spenceboy98

Aug 6, 2015
Gaffney
Code:
/*
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
 * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
 * in the products you find here before flashing it!
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
 */

Introduction
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Images

zuXXfzA
I7epgYw
GyGSWeE

JvrtRaf
rObWVco
j4VaQr5

uuDf1Hq
23Vm0qv

Installation instructions
You must be on 4.5.3 bootloader. Instructions on how to downgrade to 4.5.3 HERE.
1. After you're on 4.5.3, root via kingroot.
2. Transfer the twrp img file to the sdcard directory (you can rename it to twrp.img if that makes things easier for you, but for this, I'm sticking with the original filename).
3. Connect Fire HD to computer with adb and allow usb debugging.
4. Enter the following commands and allow root access when prompted on tablet:
Code:
adb shell
su
5. Once you see "root@ariel:/ #", you should be able to enter this command:
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/twrp-3.0.2-0-ariel.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7
If you're still seeing "shell@ariel:/ $" you need to allow root access from your device.
Code:
exit
exit
adb reboot recovery

If you're upgrading from 2.8.6.0:
1. Go to Install
2. Select "Images..." at the bottom
3. Select the twrp 3.0.2-0 img from internal storage
4. Select the Recovery partition and swipe to flash
5. Go back to the homescreen and go to the reboot menu
6. Select "Recovery" and you should be good to go!

You can try flashify, but I prefer the adb way (and I've never tried it). It's a personal preference.

Download

Source
Device Tree

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP 3.0.2-0 for the Fire HD 6 and HD 7 2014, Tool/Utility for the Amazon Fire HD 6 and 7

Contributors
spenceboy98, Dees_Troy, jmz, ggow

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2016-10-26

Created 2016-10-27
Last Updated 2016-10-28

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018
No sdcard slot on my fire

Hello

I was trying to get twrp on my fire hd 6. I am stuck on the step where it says to put the twrp-3.0.2-0-ariel.img file into the SD card directory. My fire dose not have a phisical sd card slot and the sd card directory does not show up when I plug my fire into my computer. Where would be the best place to put the twrp file and what would I change in the command "dd if=/sdcard/twrp-3.0.2-0-ariel.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7" to make it work for internal storage.

Thanks, Ace

KittyTantrum

Jul 20, 2019
Hello

I was trying to get twrp on my fire hd 6. I am stuck on the step where it says to put the twrp-3.0.2-0-ariel.img file into the SD card directory. My fire dose not have a phisical sd card slot and the sd card directory does not show up when I plug my fire into my computer. Where would be the best place to put the twrp file and what would I change in the command "dd if=/sdcard/twrp-3.0.2-0-ariel.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7" to make it work for internal storage.

Thanks, Ace

Old question, but answer is still relevant to anyone installing on a device without an SD card slot: the "Internal storage" directory on my Fire HD 7 4th gen (no SD card slot) reads as "/sdcard/" anyway - so I entered the DD command exactly as shown and it worked perfectly with the TWRP image file sitting in the internal storage directory. <3

lynnux

Jun 4, 2013
Old question, but answer is still relevant to anyone installing on a device without an SD card slot: the "Internal storage" directory on my Fire HD 7 4th gen (no SD card slot) reads as "/sdcard/" anyway - so I entered the DD command exactly as shown and it worked perfectly with the TWRP image file sitting in the internal storage directory. <3
I've just pulled out my HD 7 4th gen, got Play Store w/o root. Just curious, what did you do with TWRP once you had it? I'm trying to decide how far to go with modifying this thing. Thanks.
edit: saw what you did with twrp in the lineage- 11.0 thread.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
     * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
     * in the products you find here before flashing it!
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
     */

Introduction
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Images

Installation instructions
    You must be on 4.5.3 bootloader. Instructions on how to downgrade to 4.5.3 HERE.
    1. After you're on 4.5.3, root via kingroot.
    2. Transfer the twrp img file to the sdcard directory (you can rename it to twrp.img if that makes things easier for you, but for this, I'm sticking with the original filename).
    3. Connect Fire HD to computer with adb and allow usb debugging.
    4. Enter the following commands and allow root access when prompted on tablet:
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    5. Once you see "root@ariel:/ #", you should be able to enter this command:
    Code:
    dd if=/sdcard/twrp-3.0.2-0-ariel.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7
    If you're still seeing "shell@ariel:/ $" you need to allow root access from your device.
    Code:
    exit
    exit
    adb reboot recovery

If you're upgrading from 2.8.6.0:
    1. Go to Install
    2. Select "Images..." at the bottom
    3. Select the twrp 3.0.2-0 img from internal storage
    4. Select the Recovery partition and swipe to flash
    5. Go back to the homescreen and go to the reboot menu
    6. Select "Recovery" and you should be good to go!

You can try flashify, but I prefer the adb way (and I've never tried it). It's a personal preference.

Download

Source
    Device Tree

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP 3.0.2-0 for the Fire HD 6 and HD 7 2014, Tool/Utility for the Amazon Fire HD 6 and 7

Contributors
    spenceboy98, Dees_Troy, jmz, ggow

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2016-10-26

Created 2016-10-27
    Last Updated 2016-10-28