FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

what car holders are people using

344 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By a_petrov303, Senior Member on 24th April 2015, 02:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
would be interested in something good to use with Fire Phone while navigating (and possible video registrator as well)

29th July 2015, 08:50 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Because 300+ have viewed with no response I guess I will...lol. I think any holder that gets good reviews would work!
31st July 2015, 03:00 AM |#3  
Long Island NY
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I am using a Mountek nGroove Snap 3 Magnetic mount, it goes in the cd slot. I use the large metal plate inside my case between the layers. I am using this case:
i-Blason Amazon Fire Phone Case- Armadillo Series 2 Layer [Ultra Slim]
Search both of those at Amazon to see pics.
Heavy phone it moves around a bit, but hasn't fallen off. I use the same setup with a Galaxy Note 2 with an extended battery which is pretty heavy, and it only fell off once or twice.
6th August 2015, 07:04 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I use the Aduro U-GRIP PLUS Universal Dashboard Windshield Car Mount for Smartphones. Got it on Amazon for $10 and it works very well. Takes both hands to put the phone in it, but once it's in it stays put. An added bonus is that the actual holder part can be attached to the ball mounts that come with Garmin GPS (which I already had), so it can be used with any Garmin type holder (look at the last pic on Amazon to see what I mean).

Just got the Magnetic Phone Mount Suction Technology By Gizmount from Amazon. It was on a lightning deal so I grabbed it. Has the same Garmin type holder like the one above but uses a magnet to hold the phone. It works really well and doesn't take two hands to put the phone on or take it off.
28th October 2015, 04:01 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I too use a magnetic holder that attaches to the CD holder. I love it. I also bought a $5 magnetic suction cup holder and use it at my desk. Works so great! I also did a little modding of the Amazon charger so it is magnetic too and I can just stick my phone to it to charge (I plan on writing up the howto for this soon). If anyone wants more info/links, let me know.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)