FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Tempered Glass

232 posts
Thanks Meter: 27

By ozan2, Senior Member on 7th July 2016, 03:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I want to buy for my fire phone for front and back tempered glass 9H, anyone knows some good offers? I found some mikvon tempered glass for 8$ front + 8$ back on ebay and amazon and from aliexpress 1-2$ just for screen. The leather case from amazon is good? I am new here, and new user of fire phone( 125$ new)

7th July 2016, 07:19 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Not sure what ones are good, but make sure the one you get has a hole cut out for the proximity sensor on the front of the phone. Otherwise when you get a call your screen will turn off because it thinks it is up to your face.
7th July 2016, 08:38 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Constanta

More
Do you mean the 4 holes of cameras? in sunlight near them i saw some violet sensor in the back of glass
7th July 2016, 11:34 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozan2

Do you mean the 4 holes of cameras? in sunlight near them i saw some violet sensor in the back of glass

No those are for the 3D effect on some stuff for stock FireOS. I mean near the top of the phone there is a proximity sensor.
21st July 2016, 07:13 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
the area that needs a cutout is right underneath the selfie camera on the front. in the top right corner. You can't really see the proximity sensor, unless you get really strong light and you can kind of make it out through the glass.

I had bought a screen protector from Volt that worked well . I had bought another one which didn't have the cutout, and it was a disaster (couldn't hang up after a phone call).
21st July 2016, 09:21 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Constanta

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy rhino

the area that needs a cutout is right underneath the selfie camera on the front. in the top right corner. You can't really see the proximity sensor, unless you get really strong light and you can kind of make it out through the glass.

I had bought a screen protector from Volt that worked well . I had bought another one which didn't have the cutout, and it was a disaster (couldn't hang up after a phone call).

Thx for advice. I understand that sensors are good for something( I don t use auto brightness)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)