[RECOVERY][STOCK][LOCKED] Safestrap v4.0.1

Search This thread
Hi, using Fire Phone with 4.6.6 and I have successfully rooted the device with Kingroot, installed Safestrap 4.0.1 and installed recovery, but after pressing "Reboot to Recovery" it still shows me after the reboot the normal screen.
Any hints? Thank you
EDIT: Found the error: Wrong Safestrap Version (for Tablet and not Phone)! Sorry!

Last edited:

jottect

Sep 1, 2015
Motorola Edge (2021)
Hi, using Fire Phone with 4.6.6 and I have successfully rooted the device with Kingroot, installed Safestrap 4.0.1 and installed recovery, but after pressing "Reboot to Recovery" it still shows me after the reboot the normal screen.
Any hints? Thank you
EDIT: Found the error: Wrong Safestrap Version (for Tablet and not Phone)! Sorry!

I'm using 4.6.3 ( 463001620) - rooted.
Can install Safestrap on top of it? Safe to try?
Do I need to install Kingroot first and then try Safestrap?
or
It is a must to downgrade 461013320 OR 461013820?

I'm asking just because it looks like Alle9ne was able to install Safstrap wo/ downgrading...

Thanks!

Skeeterdrums

Oct 30, 2012
Columbus
I'm using 4.6.3 ( 463001620) - rooted.
Can install Safestrap on top of it? Safe to try?
Do I need to install Kingroot first and then try Safestrap?
or
It is a must to downgrade 461013320 OR 461013820?

I'm asking just because it looks like Alle9ne was able to install Safstrap wo/ downgrading...

Thanks!
If you're already rooted, you should be able to install safe strap without any issues. Installing safe strap does not touch the OS, so you should be good to go.

Sent from my Fire Phone using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: jottect

DonMizzi

Feb 7, 2007
Hi, thank you for this great work.
I installed CM11 on my fire phone in just few minutes, and works very well.

Only one question, my Fire Phone is from AT&T and not allow to use other SIM (precisely in Italy)
I thought that with CM11 this lock would be disappeared, but, if I insert my SIM, still appears the lock screen (request PIN to unlock SIM network)

Do you know how I can unlock my fire phone? I asked them, but AT&T remind me to Amazon and Amazon to AT&T

Thank you
Don

comdx

Dec 23, 2014
anyone tried to install safestrap on a rooted fire phone with fire os 3.5.0 (101012120) ?
if possible i don't want to upgrade to higher fire os, because than i will have to use kingroot (which needs internet connection).
or is there any offline method to get root access?

Reactions: Buglol

najoor

Mar 11, 2014
Los Angeles
anyone tried to install safestrap on a rooted fire phone with fire os 3.5.0 (101012120) ?
if possible i don't want to upgrade to higher fire os, because than i will have to use kingroot (which needs internet connection).
or is there any offline method to get root access?

You can use towel root for 3.5.0.

Did you try safestrap? I am also on 3.5.0 and don't want to upgrade. Does safestrap work on 3.5.0?

romario3600

Jun 25, 2013
San Fernando
Safestrap is for version 4.x only, you can download the update file from Amazon (assuming it's still there) and upgrade to version 4 then use kingroot and install safestrap

Reactions: najoor

Sniff26

Apr 11, 2016
iasi
Trying dualbooting stock rom and slimkat but on Slimkat i got no baseband and no service. What should i do? Can i flash the baseband for the rom somehow?

Naveed.ah

Mar 11, 2018
Safe strap not showing memory in recovery mode

Should work. If it doesn't, you should be able to boot into the amazon recovery and sideload your stock firmware.

Let me know your results. Once you confirm its working I'll update the OP.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Safe strap not showing memory in recovery mode and i want to install cm 11 on my amazon fire phone my software version is 4.6.6.1....420 what should i do ??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    [COLOR="gray"]
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
     * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
     * in the products you find here before flashing it!
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
     */
    [/COLOR]

Introduction
    - Safestrap provides TWRP like recovery capabilities for locked devices.
    - This is based on the original work of Hashcode.

Prerequisites for Installation
    - You must be on stock firmware:
    update-fire-phone-33.4.6.1_user_461013320.bin OR ...461013820.bin <- Please confirm this before proceeding <-
    - You must have root access

Known Issues
    - Secondary slots do not work at all. Any attempt to flash a secondary slot will result in you having to re-sideload stock 4.6.1

Compatible ROMS
    - CM-11 coming soon

Installation
    - If not already rooted, use Kingroot from here to obtain root access.
    - Install the app
    - Grant root access if needed
    - Read user agreement and accept to proceed
    - Then click install recovery
    - When recovery is installed click reboot to recovery
    - You should eventually end up in safestrap recovery.

Download
    *** Please do NOT create any mirrors ***
    - Safestrap for Amazon Fire Phone (Kodiak)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Safestrap KK, Device Specific App for the Amazon Fire Phone

Contributors
    ggow

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 4.0.1

Created 2015-07-04
    Last Updated 2016-08-17
    Update

Progress for today.

- WiFi is working
    - Sensors are working
    - Baseband seems to be detected correctly - put my sim card in and got a SIM network unlock screen - screenshot attached. I got the phone for nearly next to nothing. But looks like I need it unlocked to use my SIM.
    - Bluetooth is working - paired with a keyboard and works good.
    - Gapps working

- Front and rear camera not working yet
    - Sound, need to figure this out - this is a show stopper at the moment. No Ringing of phone etc

On the amplifier issue did a little digging and other devices like the HTC M7 tend to have a kernel driver which implements an IOCTL interface to userspace but this doesn't seem to the case in the Fire Phone's stock kernel in which I couldn't find any reference to the TFA9887.

I'll have to research a bit more.

I'll do an early preview release at a good point.
    CM-11 progress so far

- Attached is a couple of photos of CM-11 running on Fire phone

Things that are not yet working:

(1) Audio through the speakers
    - Music and system sounds through the headphones seems to be working
    - This phone uses a TFA9887 audio amplifier chip. Need to figure out a way to enable it. The stock kernel sources don't seem to make any references to it so... must be controlled in userspace.
    - In the amazon stock ROM it looks be controlled by two shared libs: libaudio-ExternalSpeakerAmps.so and libaudio-NxpTfa9887.so which are loaded by audio.primary.msm8974.so
    - When trying to use the stock audio.primary.msm8974.so I see this in the logs:

Code:
    [INDENT]D/audio_hw_primary(  496): select_devices: out_snd_device(2: speaker) in_snd_device(0: )
    D/hardware_info(  496): hw_info_append_hw_type : device_name = speaker
    D/ACDB-LOADER(  496): ACDB -> send_audio_cal, acdb_id = 53, path =  0
    E/ExternalSpeakerAmpControl(  496): Failed to open the speaker amp control (0) at address = 0x34.  Error = 108
    E/ExternalSpeakerAmpControl(  496): Failed to open the speaker amp control (1) at address = 0x35.  Error = 108
    D/audio_speaker_platform(  496): Loading speaker use case "music"[/INDENT]
    Good News

- I have audio on the the speakers... Exactly as I thought- the Tfa9887 is controlled only from the two shared libs I previously mentioned. The fix was to set the correct permissions on /dev/i2c-8 and set a property which indicates audio has been initialized correctly.
    - I have a few things to tidy up - like a couple of force closes etc
    - Need to do a bit of testing, test video, a couple games etc
    - After all of that it should be ready to go.
    - I won't have tested make calls, sms and mobile data - so the first release will be a BETA.

EDIT: I should start a [DEV] thread for this so I don't clog up this thread anymore.
    Reserved

---