FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY][STOCK][LOCKED] Safestrap v4.0.1

3,481 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,117
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from ggow: Safestrap for Amazon Fire Phone
5th July 2015, 07:13 PM |#11  
tintin1892's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Great work will this also work on the US 4.6.1 software version 461013820.bin. thanks
 
 
5th July 2015, 07:45 PM |#12  
ggow's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9,117
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin1892

Great work will this also work on the US 4.6.1 software version 461013820.bin. thanks

Should work. If it doesn't, you should be able to boot into the amazon recovery and sideload your stock firmware.

Let me know your results. Once you confirm its working I'll update the OP.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ggow Ad-Free
5th July 2015, 08:11 PM |#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Thank you very much, i already installed it and it works fine with the us version 35.4.6.1...461013820, too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eiermann78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eiermann78 Ad-Free
5th July 2015, 09:12 PM |#14  
v6ser's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rome before, Brasilia now
Thanks Meter: 221
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

D/audio_hw_primary( 496): select_devices: out_snd_device(2: speaker) in_snd_device(0: )
D/hardware_info( 496): hw_info_append_hw_type : device_name = speaker
D/ACDB-LOADER( 496): ACDB -> send_audio_cal, acdb_id = 53, path = 0
E/ExternalSpeakerAmpControl( 496): Failed to open the speaker amp control (0) at address = 0x34. Error = 108
E/ExternalSpeakerAmpControl( 496): Failed to open the speaker amp control (1) at address = 0x35. Error = 108
D/audio_speaker_platform( 496): Loading speaker use case "music"

@ggow
Just making an observation, the external speakers do not depend individually on the stock audio libs (libaudio-ExternalSpeakerAmps.so ; libaudio-NxpTfa9887.so etc..) but might also depend on Dolby frameworks that the stock rom calls.

I want to test it out but i'm having problems with hyper-v atm.
5th July 2015, 10:59 PM |#15  
ggow's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9,117
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6ser

@ggow
Just making an observation, the external speakers do not depend individually on the stock audio libs (libaudio-ExternalSpeakerAmps.so ; libaudio-NxpTfa9887.so etc..) but might also depend on Dolby frameworks that the stock rom calls.

I want to test it out but i'm having problems with hyper-v atm.

Thanks.
I had a brief look at the chain of dependencies. This is all I could find. However I will take a look tomorrow. And let you know what I find
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ggow Ad-Free
6th July 2015, 12:44 PM |#16  
ggow's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9,117
 
Donate to Me
More
Info 2 CM-11 Progress update
- Front and rear cameras are now working.
- Google camera and OpenCamera are perfectly fine
- Stock camera app is displaying the preview image upside down.
- Google camera seems to give significantly better photo quality than the stock camera app.
- I will probably remove stock camera app from the build.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ggow Ad-Free
6th July 2015, 02:05 PM |#17  
ggow's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9,117
 
Donate to Me
More
Talking Good News
- I have audio on the the speakers... Exactly as I thought- the Tfa9887 is controlled only from the two shared libs I previously mentioned. The fix was to set the correct permissions on /dev/i2c-8 and set a property which indicates audio has been initialized correctly.
- I have a few things to tidy up - like a couple of force closes etc
- Need to do a bit of testing, test video, a couple games etc
- After all of that it should be ready to go.
- I won't have tested make calls, sms and mobile data - so the first release will be a BETA.

EDIT: I should start a [DEV] thread for this so I don't clog up this thread anymore.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ggow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ggow Ad-Free
6th July 2015, 02:38 PM |#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggow

- I have audio on the the speakers... Exactly as I thought- the Tfa9887 is controlled only from the two shared libs I previously mentioned. The fix was to set the correct permissions on /dev/i2c-8 and set a property which indicates audio has been initialized correctly.
- I have a few things to tidy up - like a couple of force closes etc
- Need to do a bit of testing, test video, a couple games etc
- After all of that it should be ready to go.
- I won't have tested make calls, sms and mobile data - so the first release will be a BETA.

EDIT: I should start a [DEV] thread for this so I don't clog up this thread anymore.

great work as i have a fire phone been hoping something would come out. i have installed safetrap which is working going to install the stock firmware through safestrap. also my fire phone is unlocked to all networks and maybes be able to test it just a thought.
6th July 2015, 03:12 PM |#19  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Thumbs up
fantastic work
can cm11 be downloaded yet as most my android apps wont work with fire os
6th July 2015, 03:18 PM |#20  
ggow's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9,117
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjamie30

great work as i have a fire phone been hoping something would come out. i have installed safetrap which is working going to install the stock firmware through safestrap. also my fire phone is unlocked to all networks and maybes be able to test it just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4nik10

fantastic work
can cm11 be downloaded yet as most my android apps wont work with fire os

- I will be doing a release today
- Netflix and youtube are not working ATM it seems but I can fix that up later.
- Keen to now get it out there to find out if telephony, sms etc is working.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ggow Ad-Free
6th July 2015, 03:30 PM |#21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggow

- I will be doing a release today
- Netflix and youtube are not working ATM it seems but I can fix that up later.
- Keen to now get it out there to find out if telephony, sms etc is working.

ok great well looking forward for the release and again job.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes