FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Safestrap v4 Flashable Stock Image

3,481 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,123
 
Post Reply Email Thread

Code:

/*
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
 * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
 * in the products you find here before flashing it!
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
 */
Here you can find stock firmware for the Amazon Fire Phone (Kodiak) which are safestrap flashable.

This can be useful when you come to install another ROM, but find yourself wanting to return to stock for some reason.

Please note the following:
- These images do NOT block OTA updates from Amazon so be careful with connecting to Mobile and WiFi networks. An accidental Amazon OTA can spoil your day.
- These images do NOT flash a new kernel or recovery - only a new /system image
- You must be running Safestrap V4.0.1 with a stock base software version 4.6.1
- Do NOT use these images to downgrade or upgrade your base firmware.


Installation:
- Copy file to your phone
- Flash the ROM image in Safestrap
- Flash the latest SuperSU package if you want root
- Still within Safestrap from the Main menu select Wipe
- Then Swipe at the bottom to Factory Reset.
- Finally Reboot.

4.6.1 Images:
UK - ss_update-fire-phone-33.4.6.1_user_461013320.zip <- Flashable on Safestrap v4.0.1
US - ss_update-fire-phone-35.4.6.1_user_461013820.zip <- Flashable on Safestrap v4.0.1
DE - ss_update-fire-phone-34.4.6.1_user_461013320.zip <- Flashable on Safestrap v4.0.1

4.6.3... 420 Variant Images:
UK - ss_update-fire-phone-33.4.6.3_user_463001420.zip <- Flashable on Safestrap v4.0.1
US - ss_update-fire-phone-35.4.6.3_user_463001420.zip <- Flashable on Safestrap v4.0.1
DE - ss_update-fire-phone-34.4.6.3_user_463001420.zip <- Flashable on Safestrap v4.0.1

4.6.3... 620 Variant Images:
UK - ss_update-fire-phone-33.4.6.3_user_463001620.zip <- Flashable on Safestrap v4.0.1
US - ss_update-fire-phone-35.4.6.3_user_463001620.zip <- Flashable on Safestrap v4.0.1
DE - ss_update-fire-phone-34.4.6.3_user_463001620.zip <- Flashable on Safestrap v4.0.1

4.6.6... 820 Variant Images:
UK - ss_update-fire-phone-33.4.6.6_user_466000820.zip <- Flashable on Safestrap v4.0.1
US - ss_update-fire-phone-35.4.6.6_user_466000820.zip <- Flashable on Safestrap v4.0.1
DE - ss_update-fire-phone-34.4.6.6_user_466000820.zip <- Flashable on Safestrap v4.0.1

4.6.6.1... 420 Variant Images:
UK - ss_update-fire-phone-33.4.6.6.1_user_466001420.zip <- Flashable on Safestrap v4.0.1
US - ss_update-fire-phone-35.4.6.6.1_user_466001420.zip <- Flashable on Safestrap v4.0.1
DE - ss_update-fire-phone-34.4.6.6.1_user_466001420.zip <- Flashable on Safestrap v4.0.1
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to ggow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ggow Ad-Free
 
 
8th July 2015, 05:18 AM |#2  
Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
To my understanding
Hello.

First thanks for all your hard work allowing us to install CM11 via safe strap. Quick question as it's been years since I've used a safe strap install. Once installed and CM11 is installed is it possible to boot back into Fire OS? Or is the Fire OS system over written since we're using the stock spot in SS.
8th July 2015, 06:59 AM |#3  
ggow's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9,123
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhack21

Hello.

First thanks for all your hard work allowing us to install CM11 via safe strap. Quick question as it's been years since I've used a safe strap install. Once installed and CM11 is installed is it possible to boot back into Fire OS? Or is the Fire OS system over written since we're using the stock spot in SS.

The short answer is yes you can. There are two options:

- You can do a backup in safestrap of your stock ROM.
- Or you can discard FireOS for now, install CM-11. If you need to go back I have provided a Safestrap flashable 4.6.1 zip in the OP of this thread.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ggow Ad-Free
8th July 2015, 08:56 AM |#4  
Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggow

The short answer is yes you can. There are two options:

- You can do a backup in safestrap of your stock ROM.
- Or you can discard FireOS for now, install CM-11. If you need to go back I have provided a Safestrap flashable 4.6.1 zip in the OP of this thread.

Was my existing system formatted during the install of CM11 however? I only ask as I rooted with king root and wanted to ensure no traces remain after install of CM11.

Sent from my Fire Phone using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th July 2015, 08:59 AM |#5  
ggow's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9,123
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhack21

Was my existing system formatted during the install of CM11 however? I only ask as I rooted with king root and wanted to ensure no traces remain after install of CM11.

Sent from my Fire Phone using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes, it's /system is formatted during install of CM-11 so no traces of Kingroot will exist.
The Following User Says Thank You to ggow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ggow Ad-Free
8th July 2015, 09:47 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
After flash this stock rom, will the fire phone brick if accidently received the OTA updates.

Thank you.
8th July 2015, 10:33 PM |#7  
ggow's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9,123
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kblikefly

After flash this stock rom, will the fire phone brick if accidently received the OTA updates.

Thank you.

To be honest I don't know what will happen. It wouldn't normally brick but I haven't had much experience with this device. Certainly on the kindle hdx's we have seen many bricks due to OTA updates.
8th July 2015, 11:08 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
That's fine. Thank you so much for the effort.
11th July 2015, 12:47 AM |#9  
rjmohit's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggow

To be honest I don't know what will happen. It wouldn't normally brick but I haven't had much experience with this device. Certainly on the kindle hdx's we have seen many bricks due to OTA updates.

Can you please provide the 820 version stock zip? Thanks!!
11th July 2015, 06:34 PM |#10  
ggow's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9,123
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmohit

Can you please provide the 820 version stock zip? Thanks!!

Yes, I'll build one on Monday.
Thanks @Bingo Bronson, he is going to make US and German variants as flashable zips
The Following User Says Thank You to ggow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ggow Ad-Free
11th July 2015, 09:07 PM |#11  
ggow's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9,123
 
Donate to Me
More
Info 2 Update
@Bingo Bronson has kindly created Safestrap Flashable US and GER versions of amazon stock 4.6.1.

The File links are in the OP now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes