97 posts
Thanks Meter: 76

By inwisso, Member on 18th December 2014, 06:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th March 2015, 05:11 PM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up Thanks!
Been a long time lurker. I signed up just to confirm that the video works.

Just got lil sis a fire phone, also 3.6.8 unlocked 32GB version. Followed the instructions and worked like a charm.
The only thing that gave an error was her Snapchat which said we needed to update Google Play Services... but after a few minutes, we tried again and it just worked.

Thanks OP for the post!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Tankeroo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tankeroo Ad-Free

1st April 2015, 11:11 PM |#82  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Angry Where are the standard package files?
1. Are these packages (given in the onedrive link) standard packages or have they been altered in some way to work with the fire phone?
2. Where can I find these standard packages?
3. Is it possible to install a virtual machine (on my Ubuntu) with Android and extract these?

Copious Rambling:

My concern is based on security, although my gracious thanks to OP who has made this possible and helped many people. But I would feel more comfortable finding the actual files and using them even if it means a bit of extracting.

Sorry currently I know nothing about Android apart from my like for it has begun.

Last time I logged in to the forum was over 6 years ago and I just realised I been a member for 9 years nearly, back in the days when I had my original XDA.

I have been using iPhones for the past 5+ years. And recently bought the Fire Phone from Amazon for only 99£ and its an amazing phone which O2 unlocked for me for free. I dont miss my iPhone just need to use Skype in place of FaceTime and SMS/WhatsApp in place of iMessage. And currently I'm only using Amazon Play Store. All in all this seems like a great phone, I wonder how many great Android phones I have missed in my pursuit of iPhones. I remember thinking the same when I gave up Nokia for iPhone.
12th April 2015, 11:16 PM |#83  

More
Question android wear
hey guys im a new user here. my nexus 6 got stolen last night and i was planning on buying the fire phone. great work with the gp services, however can i use my moto 360 with the fire now?
14th April 2015, 06:27 PM |#84  

More
Any updates??
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarish

@iflyer,
The following is a broad generalization but pretty close from what I have found.
For FireOS {Amazon} devices (more-so the Fire Phone) an app available on both Google Play and Amazon Apps is better downloaded from the Amazon Apps. This is due to the extra FireOS features sometimes only found on the Amazon Apps version.
For nearly all other Android devices I find Google Play to be the better choice just because things tend to be updated there first.

Hi!!!

I just bought the Fire Phone this week, i was so excited i forgot about my Pebble!!!! i'm about to follow this posts instructions to download google play services so i can install the Pebble software. Any news on this????

How stable is the Fire with Google services being installed this way???

thanks
15th April 2015, 03:52 PM |#85  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I don't believe fire phone works with Android wear yet.
22nd April 2015, 01:05 AM |#86  

More
Worked great for a while. Now ...
Something appears to have changed. It worked great for a while but now Google Play Services crashes constantly. I uninstalled both Google Play and the Services, reinstalled. Still crashing. Online people discuss updating gapps to 5.1, but considering Fire Phone uses Android 4, I'm Leary to do this. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.
22nd April 2015, 03:43 PM |#87  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kranon

Something appears to have changed. It worked great for a while but now Google Play Services crashes constantly. I uninstalled both Google Play and the Services, reinstalled. Still crashing. Online people discuss updating gapps to 5.1, but considering Fire Phone uses Android 4, I'm Leary to do this. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

This is an Android issue not a Fire Phone issue. See this thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-phone/general/google-play-services-crashing-t3084355 Further tinkering with your Fire Phone will not fix it. If you go to the google play services page of the play store, you'll see that the app is awash in 1 star reviews from people with lots of different phones. Google forced an update, and it broke stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vanb85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vanb85 Ad-Free
23rd April 2015, 02:49 AM |#88  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanb85

This is an Android issue not a Fire Phone issue. See this thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-phone/general/google-play-services-crashing-t3084355 Further tinkering with your Fire Phone will not fix it. If you go to the google play services page of the play store, you'll see that the app is awash in 1 star reviews from people with lots of different phones. Google forced an update, and it broke stuff.

I was one of those reviewers. I assumed it had to do with people customizing and such. My co-worker has a Galaxy S5 and hasn't had an issue. I guess I shall wait to see when Google fixes their mistake.
23rd April 2015, 05:38 PM |#89  

More
Battery Full Google Play Services Update?
Hi guys, any idea if the Google Play Services, and probably the other apps will be updated for the Amazon Fire Phone?

The current version on Google Play Store is 7, the version in the apk given is 4.4

Updates?
24th April 2015, 07:25 AM |#90  
Flag SOUTH JERZ

More
not sure if anyone else has posted this but what worked for me to get the gApps to work again was

1. Disable the ANDROID DEVICE MANAGER
2. uninstall all gApps
3. reinstall (sideload) gApps (DO NOT OPEN PLAY STORE AFTER INSTALL)
4. enable ANDROID DEVICE MANAGER

this worked for me, though it may be TEMPORARY dont know if after a restart it will revert to white screen on gApps
the google play services installed was the 7.0.99 version ending in 036
all other gApps sideload from APK mirror

thanks to kieranc88
8th May 2015, 09:14 AM |#91  
Flag Edison, NJ
Thanks Meter: 559

More
Hope you all know Amazon has updated the Fire OS for Fire Phone to Kit Kat and now Fire OS version is 4.6.1. Update didn't affect Google Services or Play store on my phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)