FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

Google play services crashing

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By fireme, Junior Member on 16th April 2015, 04:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have been happily running google services on my phone (fireos 3.6.8). However, Google released an update to Play Services (version 7.3) yesterday (4/15/2015), which crashes. Has anyone else started getting popups saying "Google Play Services has stopped" constantly? Does anyone have a workaround or does anyone know of a way to keep Play Services from updating automatically? I am able to reinstall 7.0.99, which works, but the app immediately downloads the update and installs itself automatically.

16th April 2015, 09:24 PM |#2  

More
I am having the same problem. Installed the previous version but was automatically updated.
18th April 2015, 06:40 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm also having the same problem and would like to find a workaround or a temp stop too keep these messages from popping up. It makes the phone nearly unusable.
19th April 2015, 08:53 AM |#4  

More
works okay on 4.6.1
I had the same problem, suddenly play services was crashing continually. Just updated to FireOS 4.6.1, and google play services is no longer causing trouble. On the other hand, Google Play Store just hangs. I can downgrade to an older version that works, but it keeps automatically updating. So pick your poison: On 3.6.8 the services will crash, and on 4.6.1 the store will crash. I think the services crash was worse.
19th April 2015, 09:10 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
No troubles here with newest Services or Store on 4.6.1.
19th April 2015, 03:16 PM |#6  

More
Thanks. I updated to 4.6.1 and everything is much better.
19th April 2015, 04:12 PM |#7  
Flag manchester
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apo383

I had the same problem, suddenly play services was crashing continually. Just updated to FireOS 4.6.1, and google play services is no longer causing trouble. On the other hand, Google Play Store just hangs. I can downgrade to an older version that works, but it keeps automatically updating. So pick your poison: On 3.6.8 the services will crash, and on 4.6.1 the store will crash. I think the services crash was worse.

Try deleting all Google services,play store,account manager and framework and reinstall
19th April 2015, 08:45 PM |#8  

More
Also noticed google play store wont load after update

Also Clash of Clans refused to open. Uninstalled everything google, and now clash opens but wont sync to my google+ account because I cant get google services to actually open, so I've lost all my progress.

All in all, happy its not giving me the stopped working message but irritated google services is acting so crazy. Also cant get gmail to open because of all this.
19th April 2015, 10:45 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8511

Also noticed google play store wont load after update

Also Clash of Clans refused to open. Uninstalled everything google, and now clash opens but wont sync to my google+ account because I cant get google services to actually open, so I've lost all my progress.

All in all, happy its not giving me the stopped working message but irritated google services is acting so crazy. Also cant get gmail to open because of all this.

If you uninstall and go back to the older version of google play services, none of the google apps will run. They REQUIRE the danged update.
20th April 2015, 01:33 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Lots of folks using many different phones are having issues with the latest version of Google Services. Might not just be the Fire phone having issues then. My services is still 7.0.99 even after updating the OS. Play store still reports that's the latest version for me so maybe they froze the update. I think I may set that file to read only until this is sorted out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Xyth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xyth Ad-Free
20th April 2015, 10:18 PM |#11  

More
after using my phone with the updated OS for a few days now, I've also experienced some more issues. some apps don't open or stall on opening such as Redfin and some open, but don't seem to work such as Pandora (opens, but music won't load).

anyone else?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)