FORUMS

Fire TV Stick 4K (mantis) Debloated Rom [6.2.7.1_V.1.3]

70 posts
Thanks Meter: 50

By Skel40, Member on 19th April 2020, 03:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Debloated Rom for the Fire TV Stick 4K (mantis) V.1.3 with fixes to both notifications and proxy issues. Updates need to be disabled still after boot. Copy the folder to your Fire TV Stick 4K directory: /0/TWRP/BACKUPS/YOUR SERIAL #/ftvs4kdebloatedv1.3! For each release to prevent wiping your data in TWRP and keep it, only restore the system image, vendor image and boot as it acts like an actual "update" it helps people a ton so they don't ever have to wipe their data again!
Guide for major performance well not major performance more like performance improvements with your Fire TV Stick 4K (Optional, though recommended for maximum performance):
The first step is to get an application called Kernel Adiutor and one install-able zip called Magisk. (Magisk for some reason won't link correctly, so please consider doing a google search for Magisk) Kernel Adiutor link: https://kernel-adiutor.en.uptodown.com/android. Once downloaded and ready to go, open the Kernel Adiutor app, hover over to CPU and set the CPU Governor to performance and change the frequency to 1690 and apply on boot and lastly, packages to disable (adb shell, su, pm disable): com.amazon.device.sync, com.amazon.device.sync.sdk.internal, com.amazon.device.software.ota, com.amazon.device.software.ota.override (Both should be disabled after debloated rom is installed) and amazon.jackson19. Have fun!!!!

XDA:DevDB Information
Debloated Rom For Fire TV Stick 4K V.1.3 (6.2.7.1), ROM for the Amazon Fire TV

Contributors
Skel40
ROM OS Version: 6.2.7.1 Prerooted Rom, (Nougat 7.1.2)
ROM Firmware Required: Any, As long as you're fully unlocked with TWRP recovery installed!

Version Information Debloated latest prerooted rom. Magisk is preinstalled along with Magisk Manager For Recovery and AFTV TWEAKS as modules upon boot to setup wizard. System updates will skip, be sure to disable ota updates after the intial process! Screen Mirroring is disabled so each time you click on it, it'll exit right away so it doesn't take up the memory in the background as I edited the wifi_direct file in permissions!!!
Current Stable Version: V.1.3
Stable Release Date: 2020-05-16

Created 2020-04-18
Last Updated 2020-05-16
Debloated Rom V1.3: Wipe /system, cache, data (only wipe data if you want to start clean. Don't wipe if data is kept with your apps and other things), and dalvik cache before restoring! Let me know if you guys see an android boot up icon upon boot and don't worry about the data, its meant to make the boot faster so it doesn't take forever along with three additional modules. Also flashing update zips is no longer required so please don't attempt to flash an update zip as it cause problems with the debloating.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=15y...pqaoz6PlZnhnm_
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Skel40 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skel40 Ad-Free
19th April 2020, 06:55 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Tried it and am stuck on black fire tv screen. I will unbrick and try again in a bit.
Got it going, I wasn't on the 6.2.7.1 the first time and it didn't work. Updated using the 6.2.7.1 rom you posted in another thread then used your backup. So far everything seems good .
19th April 2020, 08:19 PM |#3  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Can you write the command to make a Backup

An how to restore over adb shell?
19th April 2020, 10:02 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0815hoffi

Can you write the command to make a Backup

An how to restore over adb shell?

I just used a usb mouse hooked to a little hub I got off Amazon for about 6 or 7 dollars to use TWRP
19th April 2020, 10:06 PM |#5  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Ok.

Thanks
19th April 2020, 10:41 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0815hoffi

Ok.

Thanks

I used this one : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
21st April 2020, 05:56 PM |#7  

More
I have been using your rom and it seems real snappy and smooth. So far no problems.
21st April 2020, 07:36 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 235

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brick00444

Tried it and am stuck on black fire tv screen. I will unbrick and try again in a bit.
Got it going, I wasn't on the 6.2.7.1 the first time and it didn't work. Updated using the 6.2.7.1 rom you posted in another thread then used your backup. So far everything seems good .

Maybe Skel40 should add a boot.img (suitable to his rom backup), in order to avoid such problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sus_i For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sus_i Ad-Free
22nd April 2020, 11:48 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sus_i

Maybe Skel40 should add a boot.img (suitable to his rom backup), in order to avoid such problems.

Updated the OP with the boot.img on Google Drive! Thank you!
22nd April 2020, 11:54 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brick00444

Ok flashing the rom I posted on the other forum with this backup erases the modifications done for debloating due to the zip acting like its an update therefore re-adds the deleted apps I deleted myself!!!!! Try downloading the boot.emmc.win and boot.emmc.win.sha2 with the debloated rom you downloaded, and restore the boot.img along with the system image, vendor image. (Put the boot.emmc.win and boot.emmc.win.sha2 inside the ftvs4kdebloatedv1.0 folder IF downloaded already) Before doing this, wipe /system, data, and cache THEN restore the system image, vendor image, and boot! Get back to me as soon as possible!!!!
23rd April 2020, 12:54 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skel40

Ok flashing the rom I posted on the other forum with this backup erases the modifications done for debloating due to the zip acting like its an update therefore re-adds the deleted apps I deleted myself!!!!! Try downloading the boot.emmc.win and boot.emmc.win.sha2 with the debloated rom you downloaded, and restore the boot.img along with the system image, vendor image. (Put the boot.emmc.win and boot.emmc.win.sha2 inside the ftvs4kdebloatedv1.0 folder IF downloaded already) Before doing this, wipe /system, data, and cache THEN restore the system image, vendor image, and boot! Get back to me as soon as possible!!!!

The first time I tried it, I was on an older rom version. When I used your backup it was stuck at the black fire tv screen. I was able to get into TWRP and flash your 6.2.7.1 rom you posted then used your backup and it worked great. I should have made that clear. Sorry for that. That being said, with the new files you listed can a person use your backup on another rom version " say 6.2.6.8 " or should it be on 6.2.7.1.? I have another 4k stick I might have time tomorrow to test the new method on.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)