Android TV Launcher Ported to Fire TV
Alpha 2 is out!
Source Code: https://github.com/rockon999/LeanbackLauncher/
(More screenshots are attached)
- Fire TV Stick 2
- Can open Bluetooth and WiFi settings without the stock launcher installed.
- Opens notification center, notification settings, and displays the current amount of unread notifications.
- Can display Amazon-downloaded apps in the store for easy updating and management.
- Can open individual app's settings.
- Can sort applications by categories (video, music, favorites, etc)
- Stripped of all Google services (to prevent crashes!)
- Recommendations were removed (unfortunately they are too unstable and unworkable without root, though I am exploring a method of adding them back into the launcher in Alpha 3)
- As this is based on decompiled sources there are bugs that must be squashed
- The uninstall button in edit mode is broken via the traditional Android TV method. Instead use the Fire TV app menu.
- Also, the done button in edit mode is broken too. Simply use the back button on your remote
- The menu button will open up an app menu.
- The edit favorites launcher in the settings row can be used to add apps you want easy access to. Press back to exit the selection screen.
- Install like any other APK over ADB. (adb install [path])
- If you want the notification counter you need to execute the following command: "adb shell pm grant com.rockon999.android.leanbacklauncher android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS"
- If you are on firmware 5.2.6 or lower you can disable the stock launcher. See this thread for more information. I don't recommend disabling all amazon features. Only OTA and com.amazon.tv.launcher.
- You should install LauncherHijack v3 for a fully functioning home button.
- If you want Google Search you'll need to install a specific version. 've found a working 2.x series version that is better looking, more stable, and much faster than the previous 1.x version. You can get the APK here. Note: The current version of Leanback on Fire may crash if you try to use the "microphone" orb to interact with the 2.x version. Always use the keyboard orb.
A future version will remove the microphone orb.
-The notification counter is still in its infancy and may not always function exactly.
- The app must be restarted for WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS permission to take effect.
- I'll be posted a full guide to the various Android TV APKs that function on Fire TV soon - The guide is posed in General