80 posts
Thanks Meter: 120

By rockon999, Member on 16th February 2018, 08:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th February 2018, 03:59 AM |#21  
Flag Johns Creek
Thanks Meter: 2

More
For those wondering, no issues with Amazon Echo devices controlling the Fire TV with the launcher changed. Great work!
The Following User Says Thank You to grtgbln For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift grtgbln Ad-Free

18th February 2018, 02:15 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 369

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockon999

I have a FTV Stick 2 on 5.2.6.0 w/ OTA blocked and somehow I have an APK called "com.amazon.amazonvideo.livingroom.firetv". It has always been on my device and works perfectly when launched. Since it ends in ".firetv" I'm fairly certain nothing I've done to my stick brought it about and Amazon merely included it for some unknown reason (I'm guessing as an interface for the prime channel).

I'm not positive, but I think that's the Amazon Video app used by the Fire TV Stick Basic Edition (international version). Since the hardware and software are identical to the Stick 2, you have the alternate app as well but other Fire TV models might not.

---------- Post added at 06:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 AM ----------

Quote:

Thank you! I added donations to my profile

Thanks! Donation sent.
18th February 2018, 02:55 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:

Thank you! I added donations to my profile

Thanks donation made.
18th February 2018, 02:56 PM |#24  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 290

More
com.amazon.amazonvideo.livingroom.firetv cannot be started at least on a Fire TV 2nd gen box. Alternatively, however, com.amazon.amazonvideo.livingroom.nvidia runs smoothly on all Fire TV sets!
18th February 2018, 03:22 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
This is just a tip I uncovered until we can get the settings on the home page. TVAppRepo actually works to add a tile for any app to the home screen. To include the settings apk. Seems to work great. Also if you're rooted and have the Playstore installed you can add a tile for that and then make it a Favorite so you don't have to search for it. This is some great work by rockon999
18th February 2018, 04:05 PM |#26  
I'm loving the launcher! Has anyone figured out a way to remove something from Favorites?
18th February 2018, 06:24 PM |#27  
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFTVnews.com

I'm not positive, but I think that's the Amazon Video app used by the Fire TV Stick Basic Edition (international version). Since the hardware and software are identical to the Stick 2, you have the alternate app as well but other Fire TV models might not.

---------- Post added at 06:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 AM ----------

Thanks! Donation sent.

The odd part is that I have the US standard edition, purchased before the basic even existed. So they must be somewhat syncing the software repos between them.
18th February 2018, 10:27 PM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1keith

This is just a tip I uncovered until we can get the settings on the home page. TVAppRepo actually works to add a tile for any app to the home screen. To include the settings apk. Seems to work great. Also if you're rooted and have the Playstore installed you can add a tile for that and then make it a Favorite so you don't have to search for it. This is some great work by rockon999

Where are you finding the settings.apk?
18th February 2018, 10:38 PM |#29  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 290

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICK0044

Patched Android TV Settings for Fire TV (must installed as sys app):
https://forum.xda-developers.com/att...6&d=1518882693
(com.android.tv.settings)

Amazon Fire TV Settings:
already installed on your device
(com.amazon.tv.settings)
The Following User Says Thank You to rainman74 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rainman74 Ad-Free
19th February 2018, 12:42 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICK0044

When you install TVAppRepo and launch it after you select I think it is Leanback Shortcuts... Settings apk will be one of the apps you can choose to make a homescreen shortcut for. I can give you more specifics when I am at my Fire TV if you need it.
19th February 2018, 01:48 AM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1keith

When you install TVAppRepo and launch it after you select I think it is Leanback Shortcuts... Settings apk will be one of the apps you can choose to make a homescreen shortcut for. I can give you more specifics when I am at my Fire TV if you need it.

I don't see it in TVAppRepo, just a guess but does it need root to see it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)