Modified version of Smart YouTube TV, runs without Google Play Services.
YouTube-6.14.02.apk *Newest version*
- YouTube icon restored (offical icon and offical Leanback Launcher banner)
- YouTube app name restored
- Long press on "back" exits the app without popup wherever you are
- Automatic update prevented (update setting is ignored and can be left switched on)
The Crosswalk Project Runtime is required for 1080p version and must be installed in the appropriate OS version.
This can also be installed via the app.
The device dialog at start selects and saves a different playing method, but then in each player you can then also set different resolutions:
- 720p - Core player
- 1080p - XWalk (Crosswalk Project Runtime required)
- 4K - Exoplayer
- 4K Alt - Exoplayer with fixes
Alternatively, this is the latest working Amazon YouTube app which shows a warning at the beginning, but then works as usual.
Or you can use this official YouTube for Android TV app from Google, so you can connect to your mobile phone via TV code without being logged in and use the app via smartphone (select, play, stop, etc.). However, you always have to start the app on the Fire TV first, then you can operate it with your mobile phone. An autostart and sign in doesn't work with this app without Google Play Services, but everything else works.
Very special thanks to Yuriy Lyskov, the author of the original app (https://smartyoutubetv.github.io)!