[APP][NO ROOT] YouTube & YouTube TV (Live) for Fire TV

Search This thread

rainman74

Jul 31, 2016
Munich
Please use the official version of @yuliskov instead of my mod:
https://github.com/yuliskov/SmartYouTubeTV/releases/

-----

I hereby discontinue support for my Fire TV Guides and Apps. I've been a big fan of Fire TV devices for the last 2-3 years, but Amazon has now with each firmware further limited the possibilities of a configurable Android environment and even destroyed standard Android commands. This goes too far for me now.

I can recommend the following devices to anyone who wants to have a reasonable and much better Android TV experience, which I now use myself and am enthusiastic about:
  • Mi Box
  • Mi Box S
  • Sony Android TV (ATV3 platform, eg. XF7, XF8, XF9 or higher)

Last edited:

sparker781

Sep 8, 2013
this is YouTube again NOT youtube tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

can someone give me a way to download this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffDC

Oct 21, 2009
Roseburg
can you write the error message or attach a screenshot?

There is no error message. When I highlight the 'head' (account) button, or actually any of the left-most buttons, such as the right arrow button, file button or the head/account button, left side, then appears a 'Sign In" button in the center of the screen. When I tap on the 'Sign In', the app exits to the FireTV3 desktop.

If I go to the Settings button, left bottom when Youtube app is on screen, I can select "link with Wifi", . . . with TV code, but then I must go to my phone and open the YouTube app. If I use the phone method, it will work but only as long as the phone is on and 'linked'.

I have 'reset' the app, from within the YouTube settings menu, and that has no benefit.

App version is 4a5b8f63, device TV(Platform_detail-atv) . . . Android (7.1.2)

Last edited:

rainman74

Jul 31, 2016
Munich
There is no error message. When I highlight the 'head' (account) button, or actually any of the left-most buttons, such as the right arrow button, file button or the head/account button, left side, then appears a 'Sign In" button in the center of the screen. When I tap on the 'Sign In', the app exits to the FireTV3 desktop.

If I go to the Settings button, left bottom when Youtube app is on screen, I can select "link with Wifi", . . . with TV code, but then I must go to my phone and open the YouTube app. If I use the phone method, it will work but only as long as the phone is on and 'linked'.

I have 'reset' the app, from within the YouTube settings menu, and that has no benefit.

App version is 4a5b8f63, device TV(Platform_detail-atv) . . . Android (7.1.2)

I'm afraid the app won't work under Fire OS 6. If you could create a logcat dump which includes the crash, I can have a look at it again.

Alternatively, try the latest Amazon YouTube app which shows a warning at the beginning, but then works as usual.
View attachment YouTube-2.0.58.0.apk

Or you can use this YouTube for Android TV app, so you can connect to your mobile phone via TV code without being logged in and use the app via smartphone (select, play, stop, etc.). However, you always have to start the app on the Fire TV first, then you can operate it with your mobile phone. An autostart and sign in doesn't work with this app without Google Play Services, but everything else works.
View attachment YouTube-2.02.08.apk

Last edited:

JeffDC

Oct 21, 2009
Roseburg
I'm afraid the app won't work under Fire OS 6. If you could create a logcat dump which includes the crash, I can have a look at it again.

Alternatively, try the latest Amazon YouTube app which shows a warning at the beginning, but then works as usual.
View attachment 4446428

Or you can use this YouTube for Android TV App, so you can connect to your mobile phone via TV code without being logged in and use the app via smartphone (select, play, stop, etc.). However, you always have to start the app on the Fire TV first, then you can operate it with your mobile phone. An autostart and sign in doesn't work with this app without Google Play Services, but everything else works.
View attachment 4446427

Thank you for the info. I will try the first option Youtube. I will send a logcat when install it on the FTV3 and I figure out how to run one there.

Top Liked Posts