First, you must be unlocked. You can follow the instructions here for making that happen.
If you are first starting, you should first unlock, then install this ROM, and THEN install Magisk for root or any other addons. This rom uses addon.d to preserve Magisk and any other addons, but any system modifications like Magisk, gapps, etc, that you have installed prior to this ROM will NOT be preserved.
If you've already unlocked and installed Magisk, then after installing this ROM you need to reinstall Magisk in TWRP.
Beyond that, Magisk and any other addons will be preserved as you flash newer roms. Consequently, if you would like to remove root, you will need to wipe /system in TWRP prior to installing this ROM. That will prevent it from being restored when installing the ROM.
- It is extremely important you never reboot after a failure. If recovery is hung, you can use adb shell to run Code:
- It is also extremely important to never reboot after wiping /system.
- If you wind up bricking, you will most likely have to follow the original unlock instructions again to get it recovered.
Thanks to @k4y0z, @xyz`, and @hwmod for the unlock.
Changelog and Downloads:
- July 4, 2020 - 188.8.131.52_r1 (md5sum: 14c6ccb4ffb26418a84ef7ad6322ab01)
- December 7, 2019 - 184.108.40.206_r3 (md5sum: c66d3128ab8b99f2f05aefed5ef7a527)
- November 10, 2019 - 220.127.116.11_r2 (md5sum: 975b85849203555b924dd7facc96056c)
- October 26, 2019 - 18.104.22.168_r1 (md5sum: f06045a91283f22ba5e2458e20036987)
- September 21, 2019 - 22.214.171.124_r1 (md5sum: dcb2ec970f0f2937ef53bf6f4c824c28)
- June 29, 2019 - 126.96.36.199_r1 (md5sum: ba6ca5312053628d4fc84d34b7c6cfd5)
- March 30, 2019 - 188.8.131.52_r1 (md5sum: ff7669e329244dfebee2968777a37fc7)
- March 17, 2019 - 184.108.40.206_r1 (md5sum: 8b68a96e4d6b908ddc9ee565d2ec2929)