FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Fire TV Stick 4K (mantis) Prerooted Stock Images [6.2.6.8_r1]

1,749 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,488

By rbox, Recognized Developer on 14th October 2019, 01:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
As usual, this WILL void your warranty and I am NOT responsible for anything you do with this. Installing it properly won't brick your Fire TV, but doing stupid things with it might.

First, you must be unlocked. You can follow the instructions here for making that happen.

If you are first starting, you should first unlock, then install this ROM, and THEN install Magisk for root or any other addons. This rom uses addon.d to preserve Magisk and any other addons, but any system modifications like Magisk, gapps, etc, that you have installed prior to this ROM will NOT be preserved.

If you've already unlocked and installed Magisk, then after installing this ROM you need to reinstall Magisk in TWRP.

Starting with 6.2.6.6, Magisk is always installed.

Beyond that, Magisk and any other addons will be preserved as you flash newer roms. Consequently, if you would like to remove root, you will need to wipe /system in TWRP prior to installing this ROM. That will prevent it from being restored when installing the ROM.

Thanks to @k4y0z and @xyz` for the unlock.

Changelog and Downloads:
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rbox For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th October 2019, 03:14 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Awesome!! Thanks!!
14th October 2019, 03:47 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
@rbox,

Quick question,

Initial unlocking and rooting was successful. However, I did what I usually do which is update Magisk using the manager and after the reboot, it is looping @ the amazon image. Any idea?
14th October 2019, 03:58 AM |#4  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,488

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasir13

@rbox,

Quick question,

Initial unlocking and rooting was successful. However, I did what I usually do which is update Magisk using the manager and after the reboot, it is looping @ the amazon image. Any idea?

From the unlock page:

Important information
Don't flash boot/recovery images from FireOS (FlashFire, MagiskManager etc.)
14th October 2019, 04:35 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbox

From the unlock page:

Important information
Don't flash boot/recovery images from FireOS (FlashFire, MagiskManager etc.)

Yes .... I know ... called selective reading .... I got into TWRP and will try your image now ...
14th October 2019, 04:37 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Happy to see the pre-rooted roms from you on mantis! It's starting to feel like the good old days again
The Following User Says Thank You to iLLNiSS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iLLNiSS Ad-Free
14th October 2019, 08:50 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Thank you, I feel safer already.

Any idea what version of gapps would work on this? Also, any idea if installing nanodroid, patched playstore & patching the ROM for signature spoofing be dangerous (as in bugger up the BL/TWRP)?
The Following User Says Thank You to TitanUranus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TitanUranus Ad-Free
14th October 2019, 11:35 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Awesome. This community is great.
Does this work for european (Italian) Sticks? (Prime video, Alexa etc etc).

Regards and Thanks a bunch!
14th October 2019, 11:36 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Hi,

I successfully installed the hacked bootloader and TWRP a few days ago, but I did not do anything else. I was still on the original 6.2.5.8 version.

Today I wanted to flash the prerooted 6.2.6.5 and I can't manage to boot it (and since I did not expect problems, I did not make a backup of the old system). I cannot go past the "firetv" boot logo and in this stage "adb logcat" is not yet working, so I don't see any logs.

First boot was just installing the ROM. Second boot with previously wiping Cache / Dalvik. Finally I wiped also data (and Cache/Dalvik again). I cannot get past the boot logo.

So what can I do? Was there a firmware update between 6.2.5.8 and 6.2.6.5, which I need and is not included in the prerooted image? I'm just guessing since I cannot explain anything else...

Thanks Tim
The Following User Says Thank You to tehlers For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tehlers Ad-Free
14th October 2019, 12:07 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehlers

So what can I do? Was there a firmware update between 6.2.5.8 and 6.2.6.5, which I need and is not included in the prerooted image? I'm just guessing since I cannot explain anything else...

Have you compared the md5 of the download (push the md5file + ROM and let TWRP check this during install)?
14th October 2019, 12:13 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sus_i

Have you compared the md5 of the download (push the md5file + ROM and let TWRP check this during install)?

Yes, I have checked MD5 on my notebook after download, but not after pushing the file to the stick. I will do that now and post it here (with edit). But I doubt this being the issue.

EDIT: MD5 of the zip in the stick is also ok.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)