Thanks Meter: 2,331

By rbox, Recognized Developer on 21st May 2016, 05:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd May 2016, 02:52 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 322

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLit75

Blinking TWRP. Seems the fix is to flash CWM but I want to make sure I can boot back into OS3 from here. Can't find anything here that verifies that.

Nevermind. It booted fine. But does anyone know if there's any harm in keeping a non-working TWRP there temporarily while this gets sorted out? I assume OTAs still won't be able to install. I just used bad judgement (knowing there were issues and still taking a chance) and I don't have time to work on this tonight. Thanks
BTW--I have a 1920x1080 display and checked to make sure it was at that resolution

22nd May 2016, 03:03 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbox

It's landscape_hdpi, which is correct.

Nevertheless, it seems like it's got to be something with a display setting somehow. I can't figure out why it would not work on one display but partially work on another.
22nd May 2016, 03:27 AM |#103  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadave

Nevertheless, it seems like it's got to be something with a display setting somehow. I can't figure out why it would not work on one display but partially work on another.

Did you get it to work with a different display after it hung on the 1st one? Trying to figure if it's worth moving some things around and hooking it up in the other room...
22nd May 2016, 03:34 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadave

may be HDMI EDID?
22nd May 2016, 04:10 AM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 186

Donate to Me
More
Something interesting here. When experiencing the twrp bootloop and then connected to an old monitor to at least let twrp load to the main twrp menu (useless because I cannot see the entire menu to select anything). With a computer I connected with command 'adb connect your_ip' and 'adb shell'. I had put the 5.0.5.1 rom on the sdcard root already. Executed the recovery command manually to flash the rom 'recovery --update_package=/sdcard/bueller-5.0.5.1-rooted_r1.zip'. After this it boots fine. Bootmenu is now different and no bootloop when selecting twrp and the rom loads fine as well. USB keyboard works. Perhaps the recovery is looking for something changed during the rom installation? Maybe the boot image being flashed to boot partition or ?

Thanks again!

BBB
Bombs the Stink Away
The Following User Says Thank You to realbbb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift realbbb Ad-Free
22nd May 2016, 04:23 AM |#106  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by realbbb

Something interesting here. When experiencing the twrp bootloop and then connected to an old monitor to at least let twrp load to the main twrp menu (useless because I cannot see the entire menu to select anything). With a computer I connected with command 'adb connect your_ip' and 'adb shell'. I had put the 5.0.5.1 rom on the sdcard root already. Executed the recovery command manually to flash the rom 'recovery --update_package=/sdcard/bueller-5.0.5.1-rooted_r1.zip'. After this it boots fine. Bootmenu is now different and no bootloop when selecting twrp and the rom loads fine as well. USB keyboard works. Perhaps the recovery is looking for something changed during the rom installation? Maybe the boot image being flashed to boot partition or ?

Thanks again!

BBB
Bombs the Stink Away

I had already pushed the ROM.zip to /sdcard as well. Can u just verfify that's the precise command you used to flash it? Gonna try it later on tonight. Thanks
22nd May 2016, 04:37 AM |#107  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I had already pushed the ROM.zip to /sdcard as well. Can u just verfify that's the precise command you used to flash it? Gonna try it later on tonight. Thanks

with twrp started in the interlaced unreadable mode.. adb shell...
recovery --update_package=/sdcard/ROM.zip

I had not tried this from within fireos3 (of course after twrp recovery flash).

BBB
Rock softy
22nd May 2016, 04:51 AM |#108  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by realbbb

with twrp started in the interlaced unreadable mode.. adb shell...
recovery --update_package=/sdcard/ROM.zip

I had not tried this from within fireos3 (of course after twrp recovery flash).

BBB
Rock softy

OK. 2 things:
1. What's interlaced unreadable mode?
2. I don't get the last part...
Tryn to make sure you did this from the exact scenario I'm in. Currently-- unlocked bootloader, running fire os3, and blinking TWRP.
I cant connect adb when twrp hangs.
Only ask because "I had not tried this from within fireos3 (of course after twrp recovery flash)."
This part's confusing. Thanks for the quick reply.
22nd May 2016, 05:01 AM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Am I bricked?

I followed the instructions on the first page and now my AFTV doesn't boot up at all, it just shows a black screen and keep looping, never even getting to the splash screen once. I'm fairly certain I bricked it, but hopefully that's not the case. I thought I had an unlocked bootloader, but ultimately deduced that it was actually only partially unlocked. I've tried connecting via ADB to no avail. I'm buying a wired windows keyboard ( i only have a mac one) to test the Atl + i + print screen function. Until then is there anything else I can try? or am i doomed?

Thanks for your help
22nd May 2016, 05:04 AM |#110  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Quote:

OK. 2 things:
1. What's interlaced unreadable mode?

If trwp looping, I found an old lcd that would at least let twrp load with an useless interlaced view of the twrp main menu. Not enough to click on stuff. This is why I did the command line recovery command.

Quote:

2. I don't get the last part...
Tryn to make sure you did this from the exact scenario I'm in. Currently-- unlocked bootloader, running fire os3, and blinking TWRP. I am also unlocked
I cant connect adb when twrp hangs.

2. I also had unlocked bootloader, running fire os3, and blinking twrp. Got past the twrp loop hang with old lcd.

Quote:

Only ask because "I had not tried this from within fireos3 (of course after twrp recovery flash)."
This part's confusing. Thanks for the quick reply.

Speculating that you might boot fireos3 and flash the twrp recovery. Then try the recovery command from there. Did not try this method. Might work if you do not have an old lcd that gets you past the twrp hang.

BBB
Mighty Leg
22nd May 2016, 05:07 AM |#111  
Count me in as another that can't get into TWRP. I normally have the FTV connected to an A/V receiver; I connected directly to two different TVs so far and just get the quick flash of the TWRP screen when trying to enter Recovery. If I pull the power, I can get into FireOS 3 no problem. I did try booting with a USB flash drive connected with no improvement.

If it helps, I'm on rbox's 51.1.6.3 with bootloader fully unlocked.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)