Thanks Meter: 2,336

By rbox, Recognized Developer on 21st May 2016, 05:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th June 2016, 05:32 AM |#401  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenyz

So you have the new (TWRP) boot menu, and when you choose Recovery, it doesn't load up? That is new, as the new boot menu is TWRP. Perhaps fastboot flash the recovery image in the ROM zip instead of test8?

Other than that, waiting for it to load is about the only thing you can do, unless you can get an adb shell in recovery. If you can get that, perhaps rm -r /data and /cache (but absolutely not /system), check with @rbox first though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I installed everything, and everything was working for weeks (including the boot menu). When rebooting, the boot menu used to show up and work fine. Now it doesn't even get that far into the boot process... It just shows the initial Amazon logo, then starts flashing the TeamWin screen. I'm unable to access anything else as far as I can tell. Fastboot works, adb does not.

I was able to flash test8 using fastboot, but it didn't help. The recovery.img in the ROM zip is just the original one posted on the thread isn't it? If so, that's what I had before I flashed test8.

30th June 2016, 05:36 AM |#402  
Thanks Meter: 1,446

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoticyeshua

When rebooting, the boot menu used to show up and work fine. Now it doesn't even get that far into the boot process

OK, here is what I'd do: use fastboot boot twrp-test8.img, and if it still flashes TWRP logo, leave it running for two days. If you're lucky, TWRP will finally boot and you can do a factory reset, and then flash the 5.0.5.1_r1 pre-rooted image again.

The Following User Says Thank You to xenyz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xenyz Ad-Free
30th June 2016, 06:59 AM |#403  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenyz

OK, here is what I'd do: use fastboot boot twrp-test8.img, and if it still flashes TWRP logo, leave it running for two days. If you're lucky, TWRP will finally boot and you can do a factory reset, and then flash the 5.0.5.1_r1 pre-rooted image again.

I will try that. Thanks for your suggestion.

---------- Post added 30th June 2016 at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was 29th June 2016 at 11:37 PM ----------

I did as you suggested, and ran fastboot boot twrp-test8.img. It booted right up into TWRP. Connected via adb and pushed the ROM zip back over, did a factory reset, installed the zip, wiped cache/dalvik cache, and it's starting up as we speak.

Thank you so much. If you're ever in west Texas for whatever awful reason, I owe you a beer.

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Ugh, I flashed twrp-test8.img again using dd and now it won't turn on at all (no power light). I flashed it just in case the ROM put the older recovery back on, since I noticed it flashed a recovery.img...
The Following User Says Thank You to chaoticyeshua For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chaoticyeshua Ad-Free
1st July 2016, 05:56 AM |#404  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbox

Ask and ye shall receive... This has the looping fix and a possible 720 fix.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uz...twrp-test8.img

I flashed this great recovery-bootloop fix for about 4 weeks and until yesterday it worked really nice.

I had a FireTV box gen1 with unlocked bootloader.
When disconnect the power adapter and re-connect it only the wthite amazon logo (I think this should be the bootloader) appears. Sometimes there is really short time a the twrp-logo pop's up. But I got never the menu to choose between rom | recovery.

Can somebody explain what happen?
Should I connect an usb-a-2-a cable and reflash something over bootloader?

Greetings by Idijt
1st July 2016, 06:39 AM |#405  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_did_it_just_tmrrow

I flashed this great recovery-bootloop fix for about 4 weeks and until yesterday it worked really nice.

I had a FireTV box gen1 with unlocked bootloader.
When disconnect the power adapter and re-connect it only the wthite amazon logo (I think this should be the bootloader) appears. Sometimes there is really short time a the twrp-logo pop's up. But I got never the menu to choose between rom | recovery.

Can somebody explain what happen?
Should I connect an usb-a-2-a cable and reflash something over bootloader?

Greetings by Idijt

Read the last couple pages of the thread. The same thing happened to me. Unfortunately after I got it fixed, I think I accidentally bricked mine, or it died coincidentally when I rebooted it again.
4th July 2016, 08:57 PM |#406  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
To anyone still experiencing the flashing problem and/or anyone who had it fixed with test8:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m8...twrp-test9.img

Hopefully this fixes it?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rbox For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2016, 01:06 AM |#407  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:

To anyone still experiencing the flashing problem and/or anyone who had it fixed with test8:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m8...twrp-test9.img

Hopefully this fixes it?

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh finally is working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
is NOT looping or blinking
congrats Rbox thanks my big brother! big huge!
5th July 2016, 04:35 AM |#408  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
I updated the OP with 3.0.0-7 TWRP image. If things are working for you, and you install the latest ROM with 3.0.0-7, you don't need this. This is only for if you still have the looping, install this, then install the latest ROM, and you'll be good to go.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rbox For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2016, 05:35 AM |#409  
Thanks Meter: 326

More
Quote:

I updated the OP with 3.0.0-7 TWRP image. If things are working for you, and you install the latest ROM with 3.0.0-7, you don't need this. This is only for if you still have the looping, install this, then install the latest ROM, and you'll be good to go.

Been awhile since i tried this so just to confirm....flash this eventhough i already flashed the original from May 20? Dont have to do anything other than follow OP?
*noticed a couple weeks back.that the aftv i was able to install TWRP to is now blinking again, eventhough its otherwise fine and running OS 5, just recovery isnt booting.
I never could load TWRP on the other aftv. Its also fine except running OS3. Thanks for your work!
5th July 2016, 05:37 AM |#410  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLit75

Been awhile since i tried this so just to confirm....flash this eventhough i already flashed the original from May 20? Dont have to do anything other than follow OP?
*noticed a couple weeks back.that the aftv i was able to install TWRP to is now blinking again, eventhough its otherwise fine and running OS 5, just recovery isnt booting.
I never could load TWRP on the other aftv. Its also fine except running OS3. Thanks for your work!

Flash this, boot in to recovery, then install the latest ROM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rbox For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2016, 12:57 PM |#411  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi Noob here

I have a fire tv 1 locked bootloader, installed twrp 3.0.0-6, pre-rooted 5.0.5.1 successfully updated, software updates blocked internally.

I was trying to install xposed using an AFTV guide (to allow Google playstore installation), at the first step following instructions I tried to flash v85-sdk22-arm64.zip file onto the box as the first step. It told me it failed telling me I needed the arm version, I made the cardinal sin of rebooting (I hadn't read this thread as normally AFTV guides are pretty good for noobs like me). It now appears to be in a bootloop (shows white amazon logo then the twrp screen for three-four seconds, then goes black and starts blinking the twrp screen). I don't have adb access at any point in this cycle, the alt+fn+i+print screen combination brings up the red warning screen saying the fire tv will reboot in a few minutes with no option of factory resetting and hangs there.

1. Am I soft or hard bricked?
2. What are my options?
3. Can I do anything?

Any help is much appreciated.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)