Post Reply Email Thread
8th December 2016, 04:06 AM |#491  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,333

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cancelyourcable

I have a script I'm running that automates a lot of the routing process that I'd like to share with you guys.

@rbox: is there a command I can run to restore a back up from the shell? Something like "restore_backup /usb/TWRP/BACKUPS/serialno/system.ext4.win000'? Also to be able to wipe a folder?

I understand that these are in a TAR .gz format, so is it as simple as 'tar -xzf ... /system'?

Couldn't seem to find a reference for these commands anywhere. TW RP is open so that's where I will check next but I was hoping there might be an easier solution.

Thanks!

TWRP supports open recovery script where it'll run the script on launch. You can also run /sbin/recovery --stuff manually to do a few things. There is also ORS through some pipe. All or none of these might actually be disabled in my version of TWRP though.

14th December 2016, 05:29 AM |#492  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hrm. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Confirmed I'm unlocked, on the latest CWM and 51.1.6.3. Did as noted in the OP. When I do the reboot to recovery step, just get a white Amazon logo and orange LED on my FireTV1. Tried a few times. If I unplug and replug in, it boots up fine, shows the CWM boot loader screen, then goes into the standard launcher.

Edit: Few more things.
- I've successfully switched back to CWM and attempted to install TWRP from the .img again (v2). Still didn't work. Cleared Dalvik and cache before doing so.
- I wiped via CWM before starting this entire process.
- Redownloaded the .img as well, just to make sure was clean.
- If I reboot to recovery (after putting TWRP on), the comic sans Loader comes up and if you select recovery just goes nowhere. Aside from that, just sits on Amazon Logo.
- Tried w/a monitor w/an HDMI to DVI converter instead of my TV (which is 720p unfortunately). But I'm not getting ANYTHING on the monitor vs. the logo on the TV.

EDIT: Welcome to my stupidity. Tip: do NOT right click and download the files in the OP. That's not a direct link. There's an interstitial page. Thankfully I didn't brick anything and TWRP now works fine on my 720p TV after doing MD5 checks and realizing I wasn't downloading the right file.
17th December 2016, 12:27 PM |#493  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 292

More
are all my apps and settings gonna be erased if I flash rbox's rooted image for Fire TV 1 ?
18th December 2016, 02:37 PM |#494  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainman74

are all my apps and settings gonna be erased if I flash rbox's rooted image for Fire TV 1 ?

No. But make sure you're already rooted.
The Following User Says Thank You to PuntoG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PuntoG Ad-Free
18th December 2016, 04:58 PM |#495  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 292

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntoG

No. But make sure you're already rooted.

do I need aftv-full-unlock first?
3rd January 2017, 02:51 AM |#496  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbox

TWRP supports open recovery script where it'll run the script on launch. You can also run /sbin/recovery --stuff manually to do a few things. There is also ORS through some pipe. All or none of these might actually be disabled in my version of TWRP though.

Which tool did you use to create your prerooted images? I was looking at superr's kitchen, but it requires bash. I need some easy way to create a flashable zip. The TWRP backups work fine for /system but it's not backing up some /Android/data stuff that I need. Plus it's just less steps if I could root, install recovery, then flash an image. Thanks
3rd January 2017, 02:52 AM |#497  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cancelyourcable

Which tool did you use to create your prerooted images? I was looking at superr's kitchen, but it requires bash. I need some easy way to create a flashable zip. The TWRP backups work fine for /system but it's not backing up some /Android/data stuff that I need. Plus it's just less steps if I could root, install recovery, then flash an image. Thanks

I wrote my own stuff.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rbox For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2017, 04:24 PM |#498  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 47

More
robox, I came into this very late. I have a FireTV 1 with OS3 and CMW. I read all 50 pages of posts. The links to the versions 2-8 are dead. I realize they were used for toubleshooting purposes but a few members had success with them. They appear to be IMG files and not ZIP files. I also continue to get the TWRP flashing after "adb reboot recovery". Can you please clarify:

1) The OP says to push then flash -
dd if=/data/media/0/bueller-twrp_3.0.0-6.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

Can I push and flash a zip file like this?
dd if=/data/media/0/bueller_recovery_v2.zip of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

Is that zip file a newer version for TV's that cause the TWRP crashes? I assumed I flashed recovery with the IMG and then flashed the ZIP from inside TWRP.
5th January 2017, 04:42 PM |#499  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2locarz

robox, I came into this very late. I have a FireTV 1 with OS3 and CMW. I read all 50 pages of posts. The links to the versions 2-8 are dead. I realize they were used for toubleshooting purposes but a few members had success with them. They appear to be IMG files and not ZIP files. I also continue to get the TWRP flashing after "adb reboot recovery". Can you please clarify:

1) The OP says to push then flash -
dd if=/data/media/0/bueller-twrp_3.0.0-6.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

Can I push and flash a zip file like this?
dd if=/data/media/0/bueller_recovery_v2.zip of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

Is that zip file a newer version for TV's that cause the TWRP crashes? I assumed I flashed recovery with the IMG and then flashed the ZIP from inside TWRP.

From the OP...

July 4, 2016 - TWRP Image 3.0.0-7 (md5sum: cda1a1c1cdd3e25a1caa86f5a5de1eee)
The Following User Says Thank You to rbox For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2017, 02:42 PM |#500  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 720

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbox

I have no clue if it will work on FireOS3. It might. It might not. It probably won't brick it. Since you are rooted, you could always download the full 5.0.5 update package, use sdat2img to convert the system image to a full image, dd that to your system partition, along with all the other firmware and kernel. Then add su like you did originally. Then install twrp.

Sorry for digging up that old post.

I now have a little spare time and i'm thinking about actually trying this.
Just wanted to make sure that there hasn't been some recent developments that could make life easier for me?

Also in case I still have to do above mentioned steps I have a few questions:
  1. The full 5.0.5 update package means the original one from amazon?
  2. along with all the other firmware and kernel: where do i get them or which files are needed exactly?

I am familiar with linux, dd, su and other stuff, but not too familiar with all the low level stuff. Thanks a lot for taking time for not only developing all this stuff but also to reply to us fellas, rbox!

Edit: NVM, with the help of elias from AFTVNews i was able to manually push the update to SW version 5.0.5, root it with KingRoot, Factory reset and flash your latest twrp and prerooted rom.
Thanks for all your effort to build twrp and the roms!
30th January 2017, 08:28 PM |#501  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Thanks for this thread. I found a 1080p TV and successfully upgraded from CWM to TWRP. I was then able to load the 5.2.1.1. Still hard to believe it was the TV that was causing all the headaches.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)