1,687 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,331

By rbox, Recognized Developer on 21st May 2016, 05:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th January 2017, 08:28 PM |#501  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Thanks for this thread. I found a 1080p TV and successfully upgraded from CWM to TWRP. I was then able to load the 5.2.1.1. Still hard to believe it was the TV that was causing all the headaches.

9th February 2017, 09:45 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Would bootloader still be fully unlocked after installing TWRP? Reason I am asking is I do not get the same response in adb shell as before installing it. Thank you.

I am answering my own question:
- sending cat /proc/cmdline commend I get a return unlocked_kernel=true
27th February 2017, 02:00 PM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey guys,
I did the steps for the locked bootloader and I didn't notice that there were errors.
It is rooted and busybox is installed. But it's stuck at the amazon logo while booting.
When I do the combination with my keyboard it only reboots.

Do you think it's possible to unbrick it when I buy an USB-A to USB-A cable?
Version is: 51.1.5.0 30720

Thanks for your help!

Update: Ok I was able to open the stock recovery mode and it was reseting but it still won't boot.
I'll wait an hour now.

Didn't work still booting.
2nd March 2017, 09:26 AM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can somebody help me please?
13th March 2017, 12:53 AM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Some how, after successfully loading and running the new cmw and twrp and latest rooted rom, I somehow seem to have lost root! I don't know how I succeeded in doing this, but succeed I did. So, with your latest cmw (firetv cwm recovery 6.0.5.1.4a img), twrp (bueller twrp 3.0.0-6.img) and rooted rom (bueller 5.2.1.2 rooted.zip) already installed, is there anyway to reacquire root? I have and flashed a superuser zip, which flashes OK, but doesn't give superuser status. For instance, will something like Kingroot work? Any help or suggestion is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
13th March 2017, 09:46 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoMexican

Some how, after successfully loading and running the new cmw and twrp and latest rooted rom, I somehow seem to have lost root! I don't know how I succeeded in doing this, but succeed I did. So, with your latest cmw (firetv cwm recovery 6.0.5.1.4a img), twrp (bueller twrp 3.0.0-6.img) and rooted rom (bueller 5.2.1.2 rooted.zip) already installed, is there anyway to reacquire root? I have and flashed a superuser zip, which flashes OK, but doesn't give superuser status. For instance, will something like Kingroot work? Any help or suggestion is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Flash again 5.2.1.2 rooted.zip using TWRP.
If you watch closer its installation you will see that su will install as well, one more thing if you lose root you will lose TWRP as well. How did you determined that you lost root?
14th March 2017, 12:28 AM |#507  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bula1ca

Flash again 5.2.1.2 rooted.zip using TWRP.
If you watch closer its installation you will see that su will install as well, one more thing if you lose root you will lose TWRP as well. How did you determined that you lost root?

Thanks for getting back to me. Looking back on this episode, I know now how I may have felt like I lost root. The device works just fine right now. But, instead of doing a factory wipe, I did a format. I know, dumb. Nevertheless, twrp saved the device because when I went to reboot, it warned I had no O/S. So, I did not reboot, but went back and installed the new rooted rom. Everything seemed to work. Got back to normal, went through the AFTV set-up, got everything back to normal, and then started on trying to add Google Play store. Using the AFTV app, I got xposed installed, etc. then went to do the computer inputs, but from the adb shell, it would not go into superuser. Still doesn't. I have noticed, as you point out, the su install during the installation of the rooted rom. So, my problem with getting into su from adb remains a ???. Any suggestion for this because from the appearance it is not rooted. I am a duffer when it comes to this, as is obvious. If I'm in the wrong forum, please move, but for what its worth, the product introduced in this forum loads and works great. Thanks again for any of your suggestions.
14th March 2017, 09:10 AM |#508  

More
Quote:

Thanks for getting back to me. Looking back on this episode, I know now how I may have felt like I lost root. The device works just fine right now. But, instead of doing a factory wipe, I did a format. I know, dumb. Nevertheless, twrp saved the device because when I went to reboot, it warned I had no O/S. So, I did not reboot, but went back and installed the new rooted rom. Everything seemed to work. Got back to normal, went through the AFTV set-up, got everything back to normal, and then started on trying to add Google Play store. Using the AFTV app, I got xposed installed, etc. then went to do the computer inputs, but from the adb shell, it would not go into superuser. Still doesn't. I have noticed, as you point out, the su install during the installation of the rooted rom. So, my problem with getting into su from adb remains a ???. Any suggestion for this because from the appearance it is not rooted. I am a duffer when it comes to this, as is obvious. If I'm in the wrong forum, please move, but for what its worth, the product introduced in this forum loads and works great. Thanks again for any of your suggestions.

OK, figured it out. Su comes up, fine. Thanks for all your help.
14th March 2017, 09:10 AM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 482

More
Quote:

Forgot for what reason this changed but on PreRooted FireOS 5 FW. You don't just go into SuperUser mode. You first have to input an "SU" command on your ADB window on your PC & set it to "Always Allowed" when your FireTV prompts you to grant SuperUser access to ADB on your TV. You get less then 15 seconds to do this. But you only need to do this once.

You can kind of see it in this guide:

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-insta...re-tv-stick-1/

It's in steps 8-9. This is true of all three versions of Rooted FTV devices. But on FTV1's it will say "bueller:" instead of "montoya:". The SU ADB command must be done any time you want to enter SuperUser mode on ADB. But the "Always Allowed" only has to be done once.

14th March 2017, 06:23 PM |#510  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y314K

Forgot for what reason this changed but on PreRooted FireOS 5 FW. You don't just go into SuperUser mode. You first have to input an "SU" command on your ADB window & set it to "Always Allowed" when your FireTV prompts you to grant SuperUser access to ADB.

You can kind of see it in this guide:

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-insta...re-tv-stick-1/

It's in steps 8-9. This is true of all three versions of Rooted FTV devices. But on FTV1's it will say "bueller:" instead of "montoya:". This must be done any time you want to enter SuperUser mode on ADB.

Thanks for that info. What I found is that when I connected my laptop to the aftv via usb cable I had to actually watch the aftv screen on the TV. If I only looked at the computer screen and entered su, the computer cursor would flash for a few seconds and then go back to the prior prompt. But, if I watched the tv screen when I entered su, the tv screen would prompt me to accept or reject. As soon I clicked accept via the aftv, the computer cursor would then show and go into root. Weird, but that's how I "figured it out". It's called paying attention, a.k.a operator error. Anyway, thanks for your help. As for this original post, I also got the loop first discussed on the first page of this post. I just did a fresh reload on the CMW and then the rooted rom loaded and worked perfectly. Thanks again.
14th March 2017, 07:03 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 482

More
Quote:

Thanks for that info. What I found is that when I connected my laptop to the aftv via usb cable I had to actually watch the aftv screen on the TV. If I only looked at the computer screen and entered su, the computer cursor would flash for a few seconds and then go back to the prior prompt. But, if I watched the tv screen when I entered su, the tv screen would prompt me to accept or reject. As soon I clicked accept via the aftv, the computer cursor would then show and go into root. Weird, but that's how I "figured it out". It's called paying attention, a.k.a operator error. Anyway, thanks for your help. As for this original post, I also got the loop first discussed on the first page of this post. I just did a fresh reload on the CMW and then the rooted rom loaded and worked perfectly. Thanks again.

np, modded my prior post so it is more clear.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)