FireTV 1 (bueller) TWRP Recovery

1,687 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,331

By rbox, Recognized Developer on 21st May 2016, 05:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th October 2017, 06:33 PM |#561  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere but I didn't see it reading through the last several pages of posts..

My FTV1 was rooted and had TWRP recovery running 5.0.5 so I could run Kodi using FireStarter app.. everything had been working great. I thought I had followed the guide blocking updates but I guess not since my FTV updated to the latest version.

I thought - no biggie - I'll just reboot the device and have TWRP install an older 5.0.5 ROM again like I did before but I'm not seeing the TWRP boot menu anymore (the one with 'press left to open recovery').. does that mean I'm SOL? I didn't think an update would be able to remove TWRP recovery like that.. I just was hoping to get some info before making a mistake that'll brick the device..

thanks!

11th October 2017, 11:02 PM |#562  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Install twrp 3.0.0-7
Just install twrp 3.0.0-7 recovery. Do u have full unlock and boot loader? Take your time and read up on xda and on aftvnews.com. Also this link may help...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/fir...mages-t2882337

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolllman

Hello! I have fire tv 1 with 51.1.6.3 rooted with dirtycow not bootloader fully unlocked, what i need to install twrp?
In this tread wrote on fire tv OS3 install twrp for only bootloader fully unlocked.

Update: I manualy update to 5.0.5 and rooted with kingroot, now i do install twrp!!!

27th November 2017, 02:10 AM |#563  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
It seems this thread maybe dead as its a while inbetween posts. Hoping someone maybe able to help, yesterday i went from CWM and 5.1.1.5 to twrp and 5.2.6.0.. According to http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-insta...ted-fire-tv-1/ guide you need to be on 5.1.6.3 before jumping to the latest version which i didn't know.
Anyways i successfully got everything running however the menus were blank and continuously loading so i went in and wiped davlik\cache and internal memory. Which fixed that issue.
However now when the device goes to sleep after sometime it will boot into twrp.
If i power the ATV on it will go through the normal boot process with the twrp boot menu and load into fireos5 without issue, but going to sleep and rebooting into twrp is a bit of a pain. Any ideas why and how to resolve it?
2nd December 2017, 05:42 PM |#564  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garvani

It seems this thread maybe dead as its a while inbetween posts. Hoping someone maybe able to help, yesterday i went from CWM and 5.1.1.5 to twrp and 5.2.6.0.. According to http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-insta...ted-fire-tv-1/ guide you need to be on 5.1.6.3 before jumping to the latest version which i didn't know.
Anyways i successfully got everything running however the menus were blank and continuously loading so i went in and wiped davlik\cache and internal memory. Which fixed that issue.
However now when the device goes to sleep after sometime it will boot into twrp.
If i power the ATV on it will go through the normal boot process with the twrp boot menu and load into fireos5 without issue, but going to sleep and rebooting into twrp is a bit of a pain. Any ideas why and how to resolve it?

The boot into TWRP menu during sleep is usually caused by not double disabling updates. You'll want to view this guide to apply both methods 1 and 5: http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-block...fire-tv-stick/
24th February 2019, 03:31 PM |#565  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Need Help Please
Hello all...need some help please.

Have rooted my 1st generation Fire TV (OS 5.0.5) with Kingroot. I followed the WRONG aftvnews tutorial for installing twrp (got confused) and executed the dd if=/data/media/0/bueller-twrp_3.0.0-6.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery command. I then tried to fix things by executing the "sh /data/media/0/bueller_recovery_v2.zip" command and received back "/data/media/0/bueller_recovery_v2.zip[1]: syntax error: 'newline' unexpected

I can't get into twrp at all and don't know what to do at this point. The box boots up fine, but I'd like to install a custom rom which I understand I cannot do without twrp working.

Please help if you can. Thank you in advance. Tom
24th February 2019, 03:59 PM |#566  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Have you tried to enter recovery via adb?

The command would be: adb reboot recovery

Since you can boot, if you still can't get there, why not go through the studios and run the command again?

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
25th February 2019, 05:08 PM |#567  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thank you for your reply!

Yes, I sure have and it simply reboots the Fire TV, but not into TWRP.

Are you talking about the dd command on the image instead of trying the sh command on the zip file? If so, I have tried repeating both commands with the same results for each. The dd command gives me no errors and the sh command gives me the message I noted above. And, when I reboot into recovery via adb, it reboots the box every time, just not into TWRP. Any other thoughts?? I'm open to any suggestions.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)