Post Reply Email Thread
8th February 2016, 02:20 AM |#101  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,053

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shino4757

I followed all the steps in version 1 had no luck then I seen the second version you uploaded Rambo ADB connection to my IP address and went from there it seem to find the files that I needed that I put on my SD card but still nothing I was even going down some of the things that other people would have it in the form type those commands in and still nothing can someone give me detail commands to typing in version 2 everytime I reboot I just see Amazon white boot screen and then animation boot screen is there a step im missing I've been trying to do this since you uploaded it is still nothing?

From adb shell, after you run su, run this:

ls -l /system/bin/ext4_resize /system/recovery

8th February 2016, 02:32 AM |#102  
Flag Montevideo
Thanks Meter: 29

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbox

I make no guarantees about that module actually working on FireOS5 or the FireTV2 in general. Once I make the prerooted for 5.0.5 for the FireTV1 i'll look into updating it. But you can try it and see what happens.

Haha don´t worry, it´s obviously a long shot but with recovery working and a backup ready I feel like playing with it.

Also, it´s a good time to thank you for all your amazing work on the Fire TVs.
Takes the FTV to another level.
8th February 2016, 03:23 AM |#103  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 5,883

Donate to Me
More
had to drop in and hit the thanks.. least i could do!
8th February 2016, 04:02 AM |#104  
Flag Ocala
Thanks Meter: 2,356

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroepoch

Some people early on had issues with adbfire making some changes that broke mount..

I was "some people" who first reported this in your rooting thread. However, mount broke again on a freshly rooted system that adbFire never touched. I mentioned this in your thread, you may have missed it.
8th February 2016, 04:04 AM |#105  
Flag lost somewhere.... Help
Thanks Meter: 313

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala

I was "some people" who first reported this in your rooting thread. However, mount broke again on a freshly rooted system that adbFire never touched. I mentioned this in your thread, you may have missed it.

What do you mean that mount broke?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
8th February 2016, 04:56 AM |#106  
Flag Montevideo
Thanks Meter: 29

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I make no guarantees about that module actually working on FireOS5 or the FireTV2 in general. Once I make the prerooted for 5.0.5 for the FireTV1 i'll look into updating it. But you can try it and see what happens.

It's alive!!!! Well at least the alternate launcher is the new boss in town.
The function to hide sections from the menu is not working.
The RecentsOnMenuLong Home pressing also doesn't, but the new native options for long pressing do work.
Remapping the button from home to menu would be cool.

But again, it is great news that the alternate launcher is working, it's a world of difference in my opinion for the experience. That alone makes the root so worthy!!
8th February 2016, 05:17 AM |#107  
Flag Ocala

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanr1977

What do you mean that mount broke?

I've had it occur twice, where a freshly rooted v2 refused to allow /system to be remounted. No clue as to why...the only remedy I found was to re-dd the system partition. Yet another reason why a working recovery is so great. Thanks rbox and zeroepoch!
The Following User Says Thank You to jocala For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jocala Ad-Free
8th February 2016, 06:19 AM |#108  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala

I've had it occur twice, where a freshly rooted v2 refused to allow /system to be remounted. No clue as to why...the only remedy I found was to re-dd the system partition. Yet another reason why a working recovery is so great. Thanks rbox and zeroepoch!

You mean like- I have an Sd card which while I was on 5.0.3.1 rooted I could delete from the Sd card & now I'm on 5.0.4 rooted It won't let me? If that is what you mean how can I fix this? Do I need to DD the system & if so how do I go about that? @jocala
8th February 2016, 06:34 AM |#109  
Flag Ocala

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanr1977

You mean like- I have an Sd card which while I was on 5.0.3.1 rooted I could delete from the Sd card & now I'm on 5.0.4 rooted It won't let me? If that is what you mean how can I fix this? Do I need to DD the system & if so how do I go about that? @jocala

My problem was different from yours.
8th February 2016, 06:56 AM |#110  

More
Is anyone else able to delete files from sd card on 5.0.4 rooted/rom? Or is there something wrong with mine, something to do with rw access to sd?

8th February 2016, 08:34 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

From adb shell, after you run su, run this:

ls -l /system/bin/ext4_resize /system/recovery

Nothing happens just brings up three scripts something like root root and shell then its asking me to type in another command
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)