FireTV 2 (sloane) Recovery [v6] - 3.0.0-5

1,605 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,052

By rbox, Recognized Developer on 6th February 2016, 10:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th January 2017, 11:47 PM |#321  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
A friend of mine was so impressed with my firetv 2 he bought one and asked me to do the same to his newly purchased firetv2. I was able to root the device but installing TWRP was another story. I pushed the zip file to /sdcard via adb then I opened a shell via adb.
su
sh /sdcard/firetv2_recovery_v6.zip

The device does something (nothing on std out) then it reboots. I don't see any difference, no boot menu, and it just boots up like normal. This AFTV2 was purchased within the last week and is running 5.2.1.1. What else can I do?

I tried the USB A -A method but thats not supported in this version.

23rd January 2017, 12:17 AM |#322  
Flag Nanuet NY
Thanks Meter: 1,180

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman2000

A friend of mine was so impressed with my firetv 2 he bought one and asked me to do the same to his newly purchased firetv2. I was able to root the device but installing TWRP was another story. I pushed the zip file to /sdcard via adb then I opened a shell via adb.
su
sh /sdcard/firetv2_recovery_v6.zip

The device does something (nothing on std out) then it reboots. I don't see any difference, no boot menu, and it just boots up like normal. This AFTV2 was purchased within the last week and is running 5.2.1.1. What else can I do?

I tried the USB A -A method but thats not supported in this version.

Worked perfectly on mine, same version 5.2.1.1 I also got TWRP and then installed the rooted newer rom. Great device I hope you get it working.
24th January 2017, 11:41 PM |#323  

More
Yup got it working. Was using Kingoroot but shoulda used kingroot v 5.0.2. working fine now.
25th January 2017, 06:58 AM |#324  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
@rbox : Is there any way to backup the boot configurations? The reason I ask is because each time I restore a DATA and SYSTEM backup made from a sloane-5.2.1.1-rooted r1.zip installation, I have to first install sloane-5.2.1.1-rooted r1.zip so it updates the boot partition (at least that's my guess why this is happening.) Thanks!
8th March 2017, 07:52 AM |#325  
Flag OR

More
Awesome work.thank u sir
9th May 2017, 08:55 PM |#326  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarky42

I run: su -c "sh /sdcard/firetv2_recovery_v6.zip"
and I get:
"Extracting unzip...
Remounting /system read-write...
Extracting...
Remounting /system read-only...
mount: Device or resource busy"

Any help? I'm just trying to install recovery for the first time.

I am in the same boat. Please help, root is fine but i'd like the safety of TWRP to "come back" if i must.

Greetings,

Ender

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderffx

I am in the same boat. Please help, root is fine but i'd like the safety of TWRP to "come back" if i must.

Greetings,

Ender

------------------EDIT--------

BS, although there was this error TWRP installed fine, next stop: prerooted 5.2.4.1

Ender
9th May 2017, 11:13 PM |#327  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enderffx

Greetings,

Ender

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

------------------EDIT--------

BS, although there was this error TWRP installed fine, next stop: prerooted 5.2.4.1

Ender

Exactly - sometimes you get errors even though it was fine. Looks like it worked, but keep in mind that next time you can always reboot and run the recovery zip until it exits successfully.
9th May 2017, 11:15 PM |#328  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwntrik

Exactly - sometimes you get errors even though it was fine. Looks like it worked, but keep in mind that next time you can always reboot and run the recovery zip until it exits successfully.

Yup, everything worked, 5.2.4.1 is running rooted fine, KODI is running in 4k and i am basically a happy puppy

Ender
21st June 2017, 02:21 PM |#329  
Thanks Meter: 656

More
I'm sure this has been asked, but I couldn't find it in the thread. Was this updated to the same 3.0.0-7 that we have for the FireTV 1, or is it an insignificant change?
21st June 2017, 08:35 PM |#330  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,052

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeveraux

I'm sure this has been asked, but I couldn't find it in the thread. Was this updated to the same 3.0.0-7 that we have for the FireTV 1, or is it an insignificant change?

The changes from 5 to 7 don't matter for sloane. In theory I should rebuild all 3 devices with the same version, but I haven't really had a need.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rbox For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)