FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

FireTV 2 (sloane) Recovery [v6] - 3.0.0-5

1,749 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,488
 
By rbox, Recognized Developer on 6th February 2016, 11:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th July 2018, 05:25 PM |#331  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
Donate to Me
More
..
21st September 2018, 04:38 PM |#332  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
If I find a way to connect all the peripherals to a fireTVstick 2nd gen, would this work on such a device? Im desperately trying to root this stick and it is driving me nuts! Sorry if this has been already asked, I looked over the thread but couldn't find it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using XDA Labs
27th August 2019, 01:53 PM |#333  
dave157's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
@rbox, I read somewhere that you were working on a small flashable file to be able to restore the stock recovery. I'm trying to return to full stock on my FTV 2 Sloane 5.2.6.9 prerooted.
28th August 2019, 05:21 AM |#334  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,488
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave157

@rbox, I read somewhere that you were working on a small flashable file to be able to restore the stock recovery. I'm trying to return to full stock on my FTV 2 Sloane 5.2.6.9 prerooted.

If you follow the instructions in the post about my ROM that explains how to use manage_recovery, and use that to enable recovery. Then doing adb reboot recovery should take you to stock recovery. You might need to reboot normally once after using manage_recovery before trying to reboot into recovery. Then remove anything you have implemented to block updates. Then since you are on 5.2.6.9, doing a normal update at that point should cause it to download 5.2.7.0 and boot in to stock recovery. It'll probably fail once. But if you boot back and try it again, it should work.
The Following User Says Thank You to rbox For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2019, 12:36 PM |#335  
dave157's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
@rbox, Yeah, I did find the instructions to use manage_recovery and was able to enable the stock recovery and return to full stock. I forgot to update my post, lol. Thanks!
6th September 2019, 06:58 AM |#336  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
@rbox does manage_recovery work for Bueller as well?
I'd love to keep root but my Crave TV app (HBO in Canada) detects root and Hidemyroot isn't working anymore...
23rd October 2019, 05:29 AM |#337  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Hi @rbox long time no see, we talked alot before in IRC bro im trying to unroot the firetv 2 so the first i did is factory setting method like enabling back the update ota using adb after i go to TWRP and wipe the art/cache/data/internal storage and rebooting for see if they will bootup to amazon OS didnt worked something is breaked still showing me recovery twrp and im trying to flash again the cureent prerooted.zip the latest version the problem is the damn recovery is not reading my MICROSD still 0MB and after i did a format data for see if they allow to read the external but not worked and i dont know what to do now please help me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191022_232152.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	247.8 KB
ID:	4852931  
24th October 2019, 05:48 PM |#338  
CFKod's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 41
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _u2pop_

Hi @rbox long time no see, we talked alot before in IRC bro im trying to unroot the firetv 2 so the first i did is factory setting method like enabling back the update ota using adb after i go to TWRP and wipe the art/cache/data/internal storage and rebooting for see if they will bootup to amazon OS didnt worked something is breaked still showing me recovery twrp and im trying to flash again the cureent prerooted.zip the latest version the problem is the damn recovery is not reading my MICROSD still 0MB and after i did a format data for see if they allow to read the external but not worked and i dont know what to do now please help me

Try a different micro sd or plug ethernet in and adb sideoad it as per rbox first post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbox


Installation
You can copy the files to /sdcard, a USB storage device, or an sdcard. I will be using /sdcard in the instructions, but you can replace it with /storage/usbotg for USB or /storage/sdcard1 for an sdcard.
Copy the zip file to your destination.
Connect adb

adb connect IPADDRESS

adb shell

sh /sdcard/firetv2_recovery_vX.zip



Run the zip file (replace vX with the actual version you downloaded). This will automatically run su, so make sure to accept the prompt if necessary.

Reboot

24th October 2019, 10:03 PM |#339  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFKod

Try a different micro sd or plug ethernet in and adb sideoad it as per rbox first post



Thx for the reply the stupid check mark in mount SYSTEM didnt was enabled so i already fixed it.
9th November 2019, 09:41 AM |#340  
Hi @rbox,
I looked at 2ndinit at github and I have a question.
You are using some code from phh's SuperUser to disable SELinux of init, ueventd, recovery and the shell from recovery. My question is, can this code be applied to get a full SELinux Permissive at boot? Just wondering cause we are trying to boot custom ROM on it and well, locked bootloader has his limitations...
I was about to pick up a commit from ggow (netd binary that loads at boot from init.rc) that injects some code to netd to disable SELinux at boot but the commit is gone. Will your 2ndinit help to get a full permissive SELinux at boot? It can be a good option since it runs directly after mount the system (ext4_resize).
Cheers and sorry for the OT.
10th November 2019, 04:47 AM |#341  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,488
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rortiz2

Hi @rbox,
I looked at 2ndinit at github and I have a question.
You are using some code from phh's SuperUser to disable SELinux of init, ueventd, recovery and the shell from recovery. My question is, can this code be applied to get a full SELinux Permissive at boot? Just wondering cause we are trying to boot custom ROM on it and well, locked bootloader has his limitations...
I was about to pick up a commit from ggow (netd binary that loads at boot from init.rc) that injects some code to netd to disable SELinux at boot but the commit is gone. Will your 2ndinit help to get a full permissive SELinux at boot? It can be a good option since it runs directly after mount the system (ext4_resize).
Cheers and sorry for the OT.

Possibly. You can try calling setenforce after you've disabled it for init.
The Following User Says Thank You to rbox For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes