FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

FireTV 2 (sloane) Recovery [v6] - 3.0.0-5

1,757 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,522
 
By rbox, Recognized Developer on 6th February 2016, 11:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th November 2019, 04:47 AM |#341  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,522
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rortiz2

Hi @rbox,
I looked at 2ndinit at github and I have a question.
You are using some code from phh's SuperUser to disable SELinux of init, ueventd, recovery and the shell from recovery. My question is, can this code be applied to get a full SELinux Permissive at boot? Just wondering cause we are trying to boot custom ROM on it and well, locked bootloader has his limitations...
I was about to pick up a commit from ggow (netd binary that loads at boot from init.rc) that injects some code to netd to disable SELinux at boot but the commit is gone. Will your 2ndinit help to get a full permissive SELinux at boot? It can be a good option since it runs directly after mount the system (ext4_resize).
Cheers and sorry for the OT.

Possibly. You can try calling setenforce after you've disabled it for init.
The Following User Says Thank You to rbox For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th November 2019, 11:28 AM |#342  
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbox

Possibly. You can try calling setenforce after you've disabled it for init.

Yep, I tought that. I will give it a try. Another question (sorry xD). I replaced lineages ext4_resize by yours one and same for pppd. There's no more files to replace? I mounted your unbrick img and I can see a few libs in lib64 and linker64. They need to be replaced too?
Cheers!
10th November 2019, 09:19 PM |#343  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,522
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rortiz2

Yep, I tought that. I will give it a try. Another question (sorry xD). I replaced lineages ext4_resize by yours one and same for pppd. There's no more files to replace? I mounted your unbrick img and I can see a few libs in lib64 and linker64. They need to be replaced too?
Cheers!

Those should just be standard android stuff. The only things you should need are 2ndinitstub and 2ndinit.
The Following User Says Thank You to rbox For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th November 2019, 09:41 PM |#344  
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbox

Those should just be standard android stuff. The only things you should need are 2ndinitstub and 2ndinit.

Yupp, thanks you
Finally got to work boot menu in Lineage. My issue was that I was using system/etc/recovery instead of system/recovery
Now going to play with the 2ndinit to try what you said before about setenforce
Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to Rortiz2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rortiz2 Ad-Free
14th November 2019, 08:56 AM |#345  
@rbox
Got working SELinux at boot
Thanks you very much. We have bootanimation now!
This is what I added:
(2ndinit.c)
Code:
set_permissive("shell", &policydb);
(2ndinitstub.c)
Code:
execl("system/bin/setenforce/", "permissive", NULL);
Cheers.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes