FORUMS

FireTV 2 (sloane) Prerooted Stock Images [5.2.7.2_r1]

1,762 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,549

By rbox, Recognized Developer on 6th February 2016, 10:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd April 2020, 11:08 AM |#811  
@rbox do you by chance still have the old 5.0.5 TZ? I can only find LK and PL in the 5.0.5 prerooted image.
Thanks in advance
EDIT: I already got it Thanks to @Sus_i
26th April 2020, 12:34 AM |#812  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sus_i

Code:
adb shell
su
rm -f /sdcard/Android/data/com.amazon.device.software.ota/files/*.bin
pm clear com.amazon.device.software.ota
exit

I might remember this wrong or my information is outdated... BUT ( ) as far as I can remember TWRP - Recovery "blocks" updates or at least they won't install. Sure, this still won't help filling memory with downloaded stuff but this stuff (updates from amazon) won't do any harm ...or kill root.

Could anyone confirm this or tell sth about the current situation with TWRP installed and amazon-updates?
26th April 2020, 08:48 AM |#813  
Thanks Meter: 235

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Han-Droid

I might remember this wrong or my information is outdated... BUT ( ) as far as I can remember TWRP - Recovery "blocks" updates or at least they won't install. Sure, this still won't help filling memory with downloaded stuff but this stuff (updates from amazon) won't do any harm ...or kill root.

Could anyone confirm this or tell sth about the current situation with TWRP installed and amazon-updates?

It isn't the question whether TWRP is installed or not. TWRP blocks nothing, it isn't installed as recovery, TWRP runs only out of a ramdisk and the stock recovery is still in place.

Thanks to rbox, the stock recovery is (probably) disabled, if you use a prerooted rom for sloane.
You can check this in a root shell with the manage_recovery command.
In case the stock recovery is disabled, its like I wrote a few days ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sus_i

The prerooted rom disables the stock recovery... If you let it update, probably nothing won't happen

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sus_i For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sus_i Ad-Free
26th April 2020, 07:37 PM |#814  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Oh thanks for clarifying this 😊
The Following User Says Thank You to Han-Droid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Han-Droid Ad-Free
21st May 2020, 01:38 AM |#815  
Thanks Meter: 304

Donate to Me
More
HI. I am trying to downgrade from 5.2.7.1 to 5.2.1.1. I am trying to resolve slow performance on Firetv2.

1. Can this be done?
2. The link to 5.2.1.1 is dead. Can someone please sort this out for me?

Thanks a million😊!
21st May 2020, 05:27 AM |#816  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 56

More

https://aftvhacks.de/downloads/rooti...-rooted_r1.zip

and 5.0.5 if you need older one,

https://aftvhacks.de/downloads/rooti...-rooted_r4.zip
26th May 2020, 02:30 AM |#817  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hi
While upgrading to 5.2.7.2 I had some issues related to /cache not mounting, and I though I ended up w/ a bricked unit. After reading XDA, etc I did Filesystem repair/rewrite using TWRP and managed to get the box working. Now, I ended up w/ two sets of icons in the settings menu. Can the gurus let me know how to remedy this situation? Also, as I really don't use any root-availed modding, so okay to revert to stock too.

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)