FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Magisk][Module] Amazon FireTV4k NTFS/F2FS/EXT4/exFAT OTG support

2,842 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,771

By Pretoriano80, Senior Member on 27th October 2019, 01:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Warning !!! Use this module on your own risk !!! I can't be held responsible for any kind of damage or data loss !!!

This module will add NTFS/F2FS/EXT4/exFAT read/write support to USB OTG.This means that the usb storage (usb stricks,external hard-drives,etc) will be mounted automatically
if one of the supported filesystem is detected.

**Note: F2FS support require a custom kernel,with F2FS support enabled**

The module will also set external write permission for Kodi (this was required because Kodi doesn't support such permission or the request for it)
SIZE="2"]It also enables sys_fs read permission for Kodi, so it can read the CPU temperature without roit permission.[/SIZE]

Note 2: This was tested with Magisk v20,so i highly recommend you to use that version or higher !

Note 3: Some EXT4 drives may fail to mount,most likely this is because e2fsck it's failing to check for errors. In the next version i will try to add a newer version of e2fsck.However, formatting to EXT4 directly on the device will fix the issue.

Installation :
Install the module with Magisk Manager or TWRP
Reboot and insert the usb drive

Changelog

v1.0 - Initial release
v1.1 - Possible fix for the mount/unmount loop
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pretoriano80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pretoriano80 Ad-Free
27th October 2019, 04:53 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Thanks, much appreciated & I will try this soon. Maybe flashing with TWRP is a better idea as flashing modules through Magisk is known to cause problems.
27th October 2019, 07:22 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
So after following the steps in the topic to unlock and root, install Magisk first an then you package?
I tried to install you package with TWRP but it failed with an error.

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

It installed after adding Magisk but when playing video from the harddrive it has an unexpected error and the drive seems to unmount and then remount.
27th October 2019, 08:46 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 284

Donate to Me
More
Installed fine in magisk, just not supposed to update magisk itself in magisk, that you do in twrp. Magisk models themselves should be ok
The Following User Says Thank You to Leonidas87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Leonidas87 Ad-Free
27th October 2019, 11:50 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkH2O

So after following the steps in the topic to unlock and root, install Magisk first an then you package?
I tried to install you package with TWRP but it failed with an error.

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

It installed after adding Magisk but when playing video from the harddrive it has an unexpected error and the drive seems to unmount and then remount.

What kind of hard-drive you are using, it has external power? And what filesystem?
27th October 2019, 04:29 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretoriano80

What kind of hard-drive you are using, it has external power? And what filesystem?

NTFS, Its a WD Easystore and it does not have external power.
27th October 2019, 05:09 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

NTFS, Its a WD Easystore and it does not have external power.

Probably that's the issue, i don't think the power supplied thru the FireTV charger is enough.
I only tested on a hard-drive with external power.
27th October 2019, 05:32 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretoriano80

Probably that's the issue, i don't think the power supplied thru the FireTV charger is enough.
I only tested on a hard-drive with external power.

Do you think a powered usb hub could help with that?
27th October 2019, 06:12 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Do you think a powered usb hub could help with that?

It might, but never tested personally. I'm planning to buy such a hub too.
27th October 2019, 06:40 PM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Will there be a way to transfer/move or install apks to the external storage?
28th October 2019, 06:45 AM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Not sure if it is working and mounting 100%. Might need some work, was able to link apps to usb but seems like some errors can cause the usb to amount at times. Good start for sure, hopefully you can get this working 100% when moving apps to the usb.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)