FireTV 1 (bueller) Prerooted Stock Images [5.2.7.3_r1]

Search This thread

Y314K

Dec 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
@rbox

Got 3 2 ?'s I need help with.

1 - Do Amazon stock Rom's use/include "DM-Verity" &/or "ForceEncrypt" ?

2 - If they do, are "DM-Verity" &/or "ForceEncrypt" still use/included in the PreRooted Rom's ? Even for us with fully unlocked BootLoaders ?

3 - Have you been able to get a link to the latest update for the FTV1's. Been thinking of maybe letting my FTV1 try to update thru my laptop using WireShark. Thinking that even if it downloads the update. TWRP should still stop the installation ? But if you already got a link or will be getting it soon, then never mind.

I see that Elias already linked to the update @ AFTVNews.com: http://www.aftvnews.com/amazon-fire-tv-fire-tv-stick-software-update-history/

Last edited:

rbox

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2011
@rbox

2 - If they do, are "DM-Verity" &/or "ForceEncrypt" still use/included in the PreRooted Rom's ? Even for us with fully unlocked BootLoaders ?

3 - Have you been able to get a link to the latest update for the FTV1's. Been thinking of maybe letting my FTV1 try to update thru my laptop using WireShark. Thinking that even if it downloads the update. TWRP should still stop the installation ? But if you already got a link or will be getting it soon, then never mind.

I see that Elias already linked to the update @ AFTVNews.com: http://www.aftvnews.com/amazon-fire-tv-fire-tv-stick-software-update-history/

No verity or encryption in stock rom.

Reactions: Y314K

Y314K

Dec 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
No verity or encryption in stock rom.
As always Thanks for the quick reply. As you might of guess I am looking into using one of my fully unlocked FTV1's to possibly test most aspects of MagiskSU & the Magisk Manager App. Specially the per App Root Hide option. Also Magisk is the only Systemless option fully compatible with Lollipop v5 & above. I will be making a more detail thread probably later today/tomorrow but wanted to verify those two parts. I will also be sharing/posting the ProRooted Boot Images for the Magisk developer. Seems to be step one to verify device compatibility. Of course I bet he will need your input as our FTV Guru. I am not sure how wide is the gap between Android's Lollipop file structure & FireOS 5 file structure.

Will try to first get things tested with a fully unlocked bootloader FTV1 but I am hopeful that most/some of the important options can also be made to work on the other FTV1's & other FTV devices that are not lucky to have an unlocked boot-loader. Should be less complicated now that all FTV(S)'s will finally be on the same FW version again.

Let me know if you have any thoughts about this & feel free to PM me if you prefer I don't continue to hijack this thread.

:good: Thanks again for all you do for us...

Last edited:

AFTVnews.com

Jul 22, 2014
www.AFTVnews.com
@rbox

I always send the update to rbox directly when I get it, so no need to let him know I published it. For anyone wondering, I haven't captured the Stick 1 or Fire TV 2 update yet.

Reactions: Kramar111 and Y314K

chrisexv6

Nov 14, 2010
Not sure if this question belongs here, feel free to kick scream and yell if I should move it!

Running the latest pre-rooted image, I cannot for the life of me get the Netflix app to work. Ive tried reinstalling, sideloaded different (older) versions, etc. It always gives me ui-800-3 error. I can go to the More Details screen and the network tests pass just fine, but the app seems like it never even tries to get to Netflix before erroring out. Within 5 seconds of opening the app it brings me to the error screen. All of the troubleshooting steps Ive found on the net havent resolved the issue.

Logcat didnt show very much going on when I click to open Netflix, no kernel dumps or anything.

I have a non-rooted gen 1 FireStick thats running Netflix just fine, so Im thinking its not a network issue on my end.

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

Y314K

Dec 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
I always send the update to rbox directly when I get it, so no need to let him know I published it. For anyone wondering, I haven't captured the Stick 1 or Fire TV 2 update yet.
I assumed you had. I just included the link in my update as a reference as to why I had put a strike to ? 3. BTW, someone seems to have posted the captured update file (not Amazon link) in the FTV2 PreRooted ROM thread.

Last edited:

AFTVnews.com

Jul 22, 2014
www.AFTVnews.com
I assumed you had. I just included the link in my update as a reference as to why I had put a strike to ? 3. BTW, someone seems to have posted the captured update file (not Amazon link) in the FTV2 PreRooted ROM thread.

Thanks for the heads up on the update file. It's up to rbox if he uses it, but I'd be more comfortable getting the URL so we know it's unmodified. I'll contact that guy with instructions on how to grab the URL..

suussi

Sep 7, 2014
Everytime i start my firetv after standby its in twrp mode. It seems after some time wen there is new firmware version it tries to update but cant and gets into twrp. I had this problem sinds some firmwares ago. I blocked updates on router siden even tried with adb command but still no luck. Any help to stop it from going to twrp as its a pain in the ass to always pull out powercord to reboot it. Hope someone can givbe me a solution untill i can flash the new prerooted firmware

Y314K

Dec 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
Thanks for the heads up on the update file. It's up to rbox if he uses it, but I'd be more comfortable getting the URL so we know it's unmodified. I'll contact that guy with instructions on how to grab the URL..
np, new heads up. FTVS1 Amazon update link has now been posted in the (Montoya) PreRooted ROM thread. I think that's all of them for now. Minus the never rooted FTVS2. Although it's weird it skipped a build version. It goes from 03220 to 10520.

Last edited:

AFTVnews.com

Jul 22, 2014
www.AFTVnews.com
np, new heads up. FTVS1 Amazon update link has now been posted in the (Montoya) PreRooted ROM thread. I think that's all of them for now. Minus the never rooted FTVS2. Although it's weird it skipped a build version. It goes from 03220 to 10520.

Thanks for the new heads up. I've added it to my update page and sent it to rbox. It skips because rbox never publicly released the 5.2.1.2 ROM for the Stick, so all rooted Stick owners are on 5.2.1.1, which means they'll go straight to 5.2.4.1 now. That's why that guy got the 5.2.1.1 to 5.2.4.1 update URL. It doesn't make a difference as far as ROM creation is concerned.

eliadrin

Jan 29, 2010
Everytime i start my firetv after standby its in twrp mode. It seems after some time wen there is new firmware version it tries to update but cant and gets into twrp. I had this problem sinds some firmwares ago. I blocked updates on router siden even tried with adb command but still no luck. Any help to stop it from going to twrp as its a pain in the ass to always pull out powercord to reboot it. Hope someone can givbe me a solution untill i can flash the new prerooted firmware

Same happens to me, I have AFTV1 box fully rooted and after standby it goes to recovery screen in TWRP. I have to unplug the box and pug it right back in, in-order for it to boot normal again.
I tried all blocking update methods (in AFTVnews guide and the line code Kramar111 suggested below)to no avail, any ideas ??

suussi

Sep 7, 2014
Same happens to me, I have AFTV1 box fully rooted and after standby it goes to recovery screen in TWRP. I have to unplug the box and pug it right back in, in-order for it to boot normal again.
I tried all blocking update methods (in AFTVnews guide and the line code Kramar111 suggested below)to no avail, any ideas ??

I tried his line of code and it did work for me! All previous attempt didnt help. Dont know why this time it did :)

Y314K

Dec 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G

I tried his line of code and it did work for me! All previous attempt didnt help. Dont know why this time it did :)

My best guess especially if you have been mostly blocking updates on your Rooted TWRP'd FTV(S) thru your Router &/or OpenDNS is that it might had already chambered the update in one of both possible places. And TWRP is the only thing stopping it from installing. It tries to install when idle & TWRP loads while blocking the update.

You can use a Root File Explorer like ES File Explorer to verify & fix this by looking in "/cache/" & "/sdcard/Android/data/com.amazon.device.software.ota/files/" for .bin files. This can also be done from within TWRP's File Manager. All info per 2.3 section of this guide:

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-stop...ire-tv-or-fire-tv-stick/#downloaded-rooted-on

That is why the only best method to block updates is both Method 5 & Method 1 combined all the time.

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-block-software-updates-on-the-amazon-fire-tv-or-fire-tv-stick/

eliadrin

Jan 29, 2010
Thank you both for your response,
I opened that folder and found no .bin file in it (it was all empty) I ran the command to delete the content (from the tutorial) to be safe but it is still booting to recovery every time.

Y314K

Dec 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
Thank you both for your response,
I opened that folder and found no .bin file in it (it was all empty) I ran the command to delete the content (from the tutorial) to be safe but it is still booting to recovery every time.
So it's booting to TWRP. What PreRooted FW where you at before ?

Does it get to the ROM at all ?

Did you do the Method 5 blocking yet ?

Are you still blocking thru router/OpenDNS ?

In the past I had problems when blocking updates thru router/OpenDNS. I did method 5 & ran with no router/OpenDNS blocking.

You might need to reflash a PreRooted ROM & do Method 5 to get back normal. Then you can do Method 1.

jpearn

Feb 6, 2005
Newquay, UK
@rbox thanks for the update. Installed fine, however there is no UI for SuperSu now, if I launch from ES File Explorer the screen flashes. Is that an Amazon feature ? !

eliadrin

Jan 29, 2010
So it's booting to TWRP. What PreRooted FW where you at before ? I am currently on 5.2.1.2

Does it get to the ROM at all ?It does, when I unplug the box and plug it back in it boots to normal

Did you do the Method 5 blocking yet ?I'm sorry I did not I will when back from work this afternoon

Are you still blocking thru router/OpenDNS ?Yes I am blocking through router, I have an AC1900 running ASUSWRT Merlin

In the past I had problems when blocking updates thru router/OpenDNS. I did method 5 & ran with no router/OpenDNS blocking.I will try that ,I see that rbox released the newest rom so it is a good chance for me to flash to it

You might need to reflash a PreRooted ROM & do Method 5 to get back normal. Then you can do Method 1.
As always your help is greatly appreciated!

Top Liked Posts