FireTV 1 (bueller) Prerooted Stock Images [5.2.7.3_r1]

Search This thread

rbox

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2011
@rbox sorry if you mentioned this already and i missed it but have you been able to determine if you can make prerooted roms for OS 5?
I feel like aftv 2 isnt worth buying but I am thinking of switching to nvidia. If i can keep root, get the new os and still have prime Id rather stick with aftv.

Yes. I believe I have everything working quite nicely. Need to fine tune a few more things. I'm probably going to wait until the final version of OS 5 starts rolling out though.

Odd issue - Has anyone else lost root when they updated to 51.1.63? I upgraded, and went to check for busybox updates, and it said it couldn't verify root. I only update using the prerooted images, do in not sure what's going on. I have SuperSU 2.1.4 installed but I can't open it. Anyone recommend a different superuser app?

Sent from my TARDIS

xenoglyph

Jun 9, 2009
seems okay over here...

93TSS2L.png

KLit75

Jun 29, 2014
Odd issue - Has anyone else lost root when they updated to 51.1.63? I upgraded, and went to check for busybox updates, and it said it couldn't verify root. I only update using the prerooted images, do in not sure what's going on. I have SuperSU 2.1.4 installed but I can't open it. Anyone recommend a different superuser app?

Sent from my TARDIS

Had a similar issue a month ago but it was my doing. I installed the wrong busybox and it messed things up. Long story short, i reflashed rbox's firmware then tried busybox again and it was fine.
Fyi--supersu doesnt open but it works fine. Just be ready for the prompt to grant it access.

seems okay over here...

93TSS2L.png

I was able to adb shell, too. That's what confused the heck out of me, since busybox went weird. I ended up installing CWM's superuser app. It's working great so far, and the second I installed superuser, I was able to install the latest busybox.

Sent from my TARDIS

ImCoKeMaN

Jan 8, 2007
Is OS 5 stable enough for a pre-rooted version now? I'm not really having any issues with my current setup, but always excited for that big upgrade for some reason =)

nooknut

Nov 29, 2011
san francisco
@Scott, I had this issue on one of my units. I called Netflix CS one night and explained the issue. After supplying some info from the netflix app, they remote reset my device binding on my account. Once done, a simple reboot and everything was peachy.

rbox

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2011
Is OS 5 stable enough for a pre-rooted version now? I'm not really having any issues with my current setup, but always excited for that big upgrade for some reason =)

The first beta is total crap. I haven't gotten the URL for the 2nd update yet, so I can't say. But I've heard it's not better. Regardless, I'm not going to release a prerooted until Amazon starts pushing the final version. Just to make sure nothing changes between the beta and that one.

KLit75

Jun 29, 2014
Im also now hearing that you cant move kodi thumbs to external. I assume this applies to gen 1 running os5 eventhough gen 2 uses an sdcard instead of usb. For me it means going back to using stickmount or other method to mount the usb drive. Since ive kind of got things working the way i like now im not sure upgrading would be smart... anyone have an idea of whether amazon might fix this? Supposedly it has to do with lollipop.

iniro

Jan 29, 2009
Hello,
I updated from 51.1.6.1_516010220 to latest 51.1.6.3_516012020 but now kodi is not as stable like with last rom. Anyone more? It will be another newer rom soon?
Thx thx thx for your efforts.

Edited: And now my kodi cant enter sleep mode with screensaver. Screen gets black but aftv white leds does not turns off.

Last edited:

hazard666

Jul 19, 2010
Ohio
Hello,
I updated from 51.1.6.1_516010220 to latest 51.1.6.3_516012020 but now kodi is not as stable like with last rom. Anyone more? It will be another newer rom soon?
Thx thx thx for your efforts.

Edited: And now my kodi cant enter sleep mode with screensaver. Screen gets black but aftv white leds does not turns off.

How's it not stable? You haven't given any details. For the issue of not entering sleep mode, go into appearances > screensaver settings and go into the setting for the add on then test the configuration. It should ask for root permission. I'm willing to bet it either lost root permission or you upgraded Kodi. This happens every time you upgrade Kodi.

iniro

Jan 29, 2009
Yeah! I did it. Enter in kodi screensaver settings and give root permisions, screen gets black but led stills is white forever.

KLit75

Jun 29, 2014
Yeah! I did it. Enter in kodi screensaver settings and give root permisions, screen gets black but led stills imanually te forever.
If you set screensaver time to never, it will sleep. Of course this means you lose the screensaver so for my livingroom TV I either remember to put it to sleep manually or i just leave it on. Its really not a concern for me if i leave it on, probably goes weeks without sleeping and ive had this aftv since spring of 2014.

hazard666

Jul 19, 2010
Ohio
I don't even use the sleep mode screensaver anymore. Just set power save mode to 30 minutes and that way I can still use a traditional screensaver. In case you guys want to go that route.

sirxdroid

Nov 21, 2012
How to set power save mode? In Kodi? In AFTV settings?

On mine that runs an older ROM from about a year ago, I just disabled the screensaver, no other changes, no power saver settings in Kodi and it goes into power saver mode on its own. I found that if you enable the screensaver it stays on all the time.

Things may have changed in newer ROMs though.

Top Liked Posts