This will flash correct partitions and TWRP into it.
This WILL NOT clean RPMB neither will unlock the device.
I am not responsable of any physical damage in your device, YOU choose to make this modifications.
NOTE: You will need to open the device so be prepared
NOTE: This will flash 126.96.36.199 images meaning RPMB will be updated.
- Linux based system.
- USB A-A Cable.
- Something conductive (paperclip, tweezers, etc).
- Something to open the device.
- Install python3, PySerial, adb, fastboot:
sudo apt update sudo add-apt-repository universe sudo apt install python3 python3-serial adb fastboot
sudo apt remove modemmanager
0. Open up the device. You can use a pick or a kinfe or any special tool to open it up.
1. Locate DAT0 in the attatched image. You will need to flip the motherboard.
2. Download amonet-mt8173-sloane from downloads and unpack it.
3. Open the unpacked folder of amonet, open a terminal inside it and type:
[2019-02-07 14:35:59.478924] Waiting for bootrom
6. The script will ask you to remove the short. When this happens, stop shorting DAT0 and then press enter.
7. Wait until it finishes.
8. The device should now reboot into TWRP. Please, consider now flashing a prerooted ROM or LineageOS 12.1 for get full TWRP.
In lsusb boot-rom shows up as:
Bus 001 Device 009: ID 0e8d:0003 MediaTek Inc. MT6227 phone
Bus 001 Device 013: ID 0e8d:2000 MediaTek Inc. MT65xx Preloader
If somehow you have a corrupt gpt (shouldn't happen), just run:
- @CFKod for his patience and for test the script
- @retyre & @k4y0z for the initial port to mt8173
- @xyz` for his original exploit for the HD8 2018.
- @Sus_i for locate DAT0, DAT1 and DAT2.
- @rbox for TWRP/Boot menu.
- amonet-sloane-v1.3.zip (Or attachments)