This will flash correct partitions and TWRP into it.
I am not responsable of any physical damage in your device, YOU choose to make this modifications.
NOTE: You will need to open the device so be prepared
- Linux based system
- USB Cable
- Something conductive (paperclip, tweezers etc)
- Something to open the device.
Install python3, PySerial, adb, fastboot:
sudo apt update sudo add-apt-repository universe sudo apt install python3 python3-serial adb fastboot
sudo apt remove modemmanager
1. Open up the device and locate the marked point in the attatched image.
2. Download amonet-mt8173-sloane from downloads and unpack it.
3. Open the unpacked folder of amonet, open a terminal inside it and type:
[2019-02-07 14:35:59.478924] Waiting for bootrom
5. The script will say to remove the short. When this happens, stop shorting the BootROM point and then press enter.
6. Now just wait until finishes.
7. The device should reboot into TWRP. Please, consider now flashing a prerooted ROM for get full TWRP.
NOTE: If TWRP freezes, DON'T UNPLUG THE Fire TV, open an adb shell session and type the following command to restart TWRP:
You can easily get an error during the process for a lot of reasons. The main problems are:
ERROR: Serial protocol mismatch
device reports readiness to read but returned no data (device disconnected or multiple access on port?)
If you get the second, means that the TV it's powering on while the payload comes online, in order to avoid that, use a good cable and a good short. If still not working, disconnect the box and let it 1 min, then retry again.
- @CFKod for his patience and for test the script
- @retyre & @k4y0z for the correct addresses for mt8173
- @xyz` for his original exploit for the HD8 2018.
- @Sus_i for locate the bootrom point
- @rbox for inject script, 2ndinit, twrp & for provide old img's.