FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Amazon bricked my fire TV stick - story inside - is there anything I can do with it?

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By m1ssile982, Junior Member on 29th October 2019, 08:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I am writing this trying to find out what I can do. I had an amazon package which was delivered to the wrong house. I called up amazon at the time and told them I never got the package. They refunded the money and cancelled the order. I re purchased the items. Lo and behold, the neighbor delivers me the package a week later. I called up amazon to see what I can do, and they were nice enough to let me keep the package and items. However, unbenounced to me, in the package they bricked the serial of the fire stick. It would not activate, and when I tried to contact them, they said they disabled the fire stick since it was reported lost. They said there is nothing they can do for me. Now, I am kind of under the impression they will not activate it, but now I am looking to see what I can do with this thing. Since it cannot activate, I cannot bypass and enable the ADB. I am not sure what to do at this point. I have tried just about anything online suggested. It is the latest version of the Fire Stick 4k if that helps, purchased in June 2019.
29th October 2019, 09:25 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
custom firmware not supported on fire tv
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ssile982

So I am writing this trying to find out what I can do. I had an amazon package which was delivered to the wrong house. I called up amazon at the time and told them I never got the package. They refunded the money and cancelled the order. I re purchased the items. Lo and behold, the neighbor delivers me the package a week later. I called up amazon to see what I can do, and they were nice enough to let me keep the package and items. However, unbenounced to me, in the package they bricked the serial of the fire stick. It would not activate, and when I tried to contact them, they said they disabled the fire stick since it was reported lost. They said there is nothing they can do for me. Now, I am kind of under the impression they will not activate it, but now I am looking to see what I can do with this thing. Since it cannot activate, I cannot bypass and enable the ADB. I am not sure what to do at this point. I have tried just about anything online suggested. It is the latest version of the Fire Stick 4k if that helps, purchased in June 2019.

Sadly, I don't think there is a great deal anyone can do about it. You may need to work your way around customer care. The device is still under warranty since you just bought it. You must not have to need to jailbreak it or anything.
29th October 2019, 01:05 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
You can’t do anything with it, just throw it away. When companies blacklist device SNs they write off the value of it.

Only the remote or power supply is worth anything. Keep the replacement and toss the original.
6th November 2019, 07:04 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Unlock it first, then disable obbe and install custom launcher.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/fir...antis-t3978459
After rooting do the following
From recovery shell
adb push ~/.android/adbkey.pub /data/misc/adb/adb_keys

adb shell settings put secure install_non_market_apps 1
adb shell settings put global adb_enabled 1

adb shell settings put global setup_wizard_has_run 1
adb shell settings put secure user_setup_complete 1
adb shell settings put global device_provisioned 1

pm disable com.amazon.tv.oobe

adb install anyTVLauncher.apk

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ssile982

The Following User Says Thank You to ranjeet choudhary For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ranjeet choudhary Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)