FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Amazon fire TV Stick Binge Edition

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By RoHS98, Junior Member on 10th January 2020, 07:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi Guys, I recently purchased an used fire TV stick of binge edition from Tata Sky from a person. Binge needs a Tata Sky subscription to use the Binge service from Tata Sky!
Before purchasing it that person told me that I can use the fire TV stick as a normal fire TV stick if you didn't want to use the binge service! As I didn't knew anything about that I purchased it blindly trusting him!
When I brought the fire tv stick at home it was not opening any app e.g. YouTube, Hot star etc. I tried side loading apps through my mobile and they too didn't worked on it!
I searched the internet to find any way to install the normal OS of fire TV (by removing the pre-installed binge edition OS) in it. But I didn't find any way to make that happen. Many videos used king root etc to root and install the TWRP recovery in but the thing is due that binge service it cant open any app in the stick! Then I searched the internet to find any way to root n install other OS in it but didn't find any way to do that!
I tried calling back the person I purchased the stick but his phone is switched off since then!
If any one knows any trick or tweak to make the fire TV stick work then please help me! I am stuck with the stick here!!
Error message shown while opening any app is as follows, "Your Tata Sky account maybe deactive. Kindly recharge on your Tata Sky mobile app or...."
11th January 2020, 06:40 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michajin

can you factory reset it? or you can try to unlock it.

Yes, I tried factory resetting it but it just did nothing than resetting the settings!
It still asks for Binge Account! Is there any way to connect it to the computer and root or tweak things through adb on it?
11th January 2020, 01:05 PM |#5  
Unlocking and installing the custom rom would work too (as 0815hoffi posted) and probably the best long term solution if somehow that stick is blacklisted. But you may be able to reboot into recovery and do a factory reset from recovery. ADB reboot recovery (assuming you have access to adb).
The Following User Says Thank You to Michajin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Michajin Ad-Free
11th January 2020, 02:00 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Unlocking and installing the custom rom would work too (as 0815hoffi posted) and probably the best long term solution if somehow that stick is blacklisted. But you may be able to reboot into recovery and do a factory reset from recovery. ADB reboot recovery (assuming you have access to adb).

But I am not having any idea how to do it!
Can you tell me the steps to unlock it through adb?
Or any guide to do so?
Thats for your reply!
12th January 2020, 02:35 PM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoHS98

But I am not having any idea how to do it!
Can you tell me the steps to unlock it through adb?
Or any guide to do so?
Thats for your reply!

Post #4 above has the links on how to unlock it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Michajin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Michajin Ad-Free
12th January 2020, 04:09 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 183

More
@RoHS98

If I remember right, the only solution that worked (in case of such an edition stick) was to flash the tank lineage rom, after the unlocking...
You can look thru the posts of this guy in the tank unlock thread.
14th January 2020, 03:37 PM |#9  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Can you back-up you binge apos using es file explorer and upload them?
15th January 2020, 10:15 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaksworld

Can you back-up you binge apos using es file explorer and upload them?

Actually i cant open any apps on it!
15th January 2020, 10:17 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Post #4 above has the links on how to unlock it.

Thanks for replying! But I am not able to understand the guide mentioned above Sir!
Can anyone please guide me in the simple manner!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)