For those who arent aware you can watch live tv from a number of locations using something called IPTV, now normally this requires an IPTV Receiver (mag250, mag254 and avov) but using your current android device (yes this works for all the android boxes i have) and an application called STB Emulator you can achieve same service without needing to purchase additonal hardware.
Three methods to connect to IPTV Server
Using STB Emulator it emulates the tv interface of a mag250 box.
Pros: Allows you to connect multiple iptv servers, Video on Demand works and you're able to view password protected channels (adult channels, If you have a paid iptv server this method might be the only method that works.
1. Download STB Emulator 0.5.22
Thanks to Psycon for STB Emulator Ver 0.6.01
2. If you want the ability to preview the channel before making it full screen use the VLC plugin method, Even though in my experience this crashes more often. Use External Player with MX PLayer for best results
If you want to choose external player download and install MX Player
If you use VLC plugin for media playback make sure to install VLC.
3. Follow my youtube video
4. I know in the video i said tv_ssytem_res for the resolution but choose 1280x720 so everything displays correctly on the Fire TV
Snapshot of STB Emulator working on the CURRENTLY free IPTV Test Servers
Main Thread of addon http://iptvtalk.org/showthread.php?1...ent-pvr-add-on
Pros: You dont need MX player since it uses KODI built-in player
1. Download pvr.stalker.client-android-arm-0.5.zip
2. Enable Live TV (Settings - Live TV - General - Enable)
3. Enabel Stalker Client PVR Addon and configure a MAC address
4. Restart Kodi and a TV option will appear
Main Thread of addon http://iptvtalk.org/showthread.php?2...-any-plataform
Pros: Runs on older version of XBMC and KODI, Method #2 doesnt work on XBMC 13.2
1 - Download
2 - Open the Kodi
3 - Add-on -> Install from zip
4 - Go to config and set up what you want
5 - enjoy
- Up to 3 Portals
- Force Clear Cache (Context menu on each portal)
- Channel groups
- Channel logos
- Parental lock (Default password 0000)
STB Emulator working on a another service
STB Emulator working on a mexican service