Finally! My Amazon Fire TV is complete!

Search This thread

bobbym36

Aug 29, 2014
After days of tweaking my brand new Amazon Fire TV to run XBMC. It's finally complete! I just finished installing Google Play Store. I installed a Custom XBMC Gotham 3.2 build. I installed Xbmchub's addons and settings ontop of that. FiredTV launcher. I set XBMC to launch when Amazon Fire TV starts up and by hitting the home button. Custom Splash and Wallpaper backgrounds. I'm so excited!

I'm familiar with XBMC from my pc and my G-Box MX2 android box but I'm loving this new Amazon Fire TV. It took sometime to figure out some stuff because I was not used to using adb and rooting devices so it was new to me.

I might uninstall the FiredTV launch screen. Don't really need it with XBMC starting right up now without having to go through the Amazon menu>Settings>Apps>XBMC.

I was having some buffering issues with running off of wifi so I wired the box last night. Video plays great now with no buffering issues.

Thanks to everyone for all of your hard work in customizing this great little machine!

Last edited:

bobbym36

Aug 29, 2014
I read about some people asking about Showbox on Fire TV. I sideloaded the apk for Showbox. The app itself works fine. You need a mouse to use it. Video play isn't working too good. I'm using an external player MX Player.

The app really isn't necessary if you have good add ons for XBMC. It's pretty pointless.

I also sideloaded Vudu onto the Amazon Fire TV. Vudu works great! But only allows you to watch movies in SD quality.

I installed the Chrome Beta web browser from Google Play. This way you can download and install .apks without having to sideload them.

I'm not an expert at this stuff but just sharing my experiences.

mejdam

May 12, 2008
After days of tweaking my brand new Amazon Fire TV to run XBMC. It's finally complete! I just finished installing Google Play Store. I installed a Custom XBMC Gotham 3.2 build. I installed Xbmchub's addons and settings ontop of that. FiredTV launcher. I set XBMC to launch when Amazon Fire TV starts up and by hitting the home button. Custom Splash and Wallpaper backgrounds. I'm so excited!

I'm familiar with XBMC from my pc and my G-Box MX2 android box but I'm loving this new Amazon Fire TV. It took sometime to figure out some stuff because I was not used to using adb and rooting devices so it was new to me.

I might uninstall the FiredTV launch screen. Don't really need it with XBMC starting right up now without having to go through the Amazon menu>Settings>Apps>XBMC.

I was having some buffering issues with running off of wifi so I wired the box last night. Video plays great now with no buffering issues.

Thanks to everyone for all of your hard work in customizing this great little machine!

keep on modifying bro!!

I run tvlauncher, xbmc 13.2, airplay support, allcast installed, firefox, google play, ouya store, modded version of pandora, MLB running through a VPN in Japan so i have no local blackouts and the rest of my apps going through a vpn in europe.

saudagar

Dec 28, 2012
keep on modifying bro!!

I run tvlauncher, xbmc 13.2, airplay support, allcast installed, firefox, google play, ouya store, modded version of pandora, MLB running through a VPN in Japan so i have no local blackouts and the rest of my apps going through a vpn in europe.

I am android noob.. which app do you use to have this preferential VPN set.. so that some apps use europe vpn while others japan?

mkhopper

Nov 20, 2009
I sideloaded the apk for Showbox. The app itself works fine. You need a mouse to use it. Video play isn't working too good. I'm using an external player MX Player.

I use the media player that comes bundled in with EStrongs File Explorer when SB asks which external player to use.. Works perfectly every time.

popypopy

Jul 21, 2010
In the midst of tweaking mine I found having moviebox on my ipad and just airplaying it solved all my content needs with nary a tweak. I don't even really need to keep root now.

willie2409

Sep 7, 2010
quick question

keep on modifying bro!!

Could you tell me where you got your modded version of pandora so i could put that on mine as well...:D:D

mcmsignup

Aug 23, 2014

bobbym36

Aug 29, 2014
Great brother...keep it going. I have a question. I am trying to get an app apk working on FireTV but not having any luck. would you know why? It works on tablets and any other android tv box, just not on firetv. let me know if you can help me in* anyway. The app is on Google Playstore.

Do u have google play store on your fire tv? u trief installing the .apk file? I read that some apps from the play store just arent compatible with the fire tv. Not sure whar else you can do?

I tried to install Pandora as an Xbmc add on but it wouldnt work for me. iheart radio worked fine. Spotigly is a good one.

justdoit2552

Jan 8, 2008
Great brother...keep it going. I have a question. I am trying to get an app apk working on FireTV but not having any luck. would you know why? It works on tablets and any other android tv box, just not on firetv. let me know if you can help me in anyway. The app is on Google Playstore. It's called YuppTV. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xoom&hl=en

Righ now, It's available on Amazon AppStore
http://www.amazon.com/YuppTV-for-fireTV/dp/B00L1C3300/

soulassasin187

Jun 19, 2010
Thank you. It's a new app posted on 9/8/14. But the problem is that is asks you to activate with a code and I already have a couple of devices activated so I can't activate firetv. Anyway to modify it or install the tablet apk?

Sent from my iPad with XBMC

jpage101

Dec 12, 2012
keep on modifying bro!!

I tried to load a modded version of Pandora a while back but I remember I had some problem with it. I don't remember if it would force close or if I couldn't get past the login screen.. Could you provide more info on what you have loaded?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.