FORUMS

All NEW Fire TV Cube Beats 4k Firestick & 2nd Gen FireTV !

73 posts
Thanks Meter: 33

By Intenti0n, Member on 14th October 2019, 12:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Positives
  • Amazing Performance
  • Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, Netflix and Youtube in 4K 60fps
  • Adaptive frame rate switching.
  • Can control all other A/V equipment
  • 8 far-field mic (no need to use remote to control Alexa)
  • Android 9

Negatives
  • 1 Micro USB port only
  • No Built-In Ethernet
  • 32bit OS
  • No HDMI cable supplied

You can see a full review with 4K video, gaming, benchmark tests against 4K Firestick / Nvidia Shield / 2nd Gen FireTV here
14th October 2019, 03:35 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rortiz2

And mtk too?

The CPU is the ARM Amlogic @ 1.91 GHz (1 processor, 6 cores)
14th October 2019, 06:24 PM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intenti0n

The CPU is the ARM Amlogic @ 1.91 GHz (1 processor, 6 cores)

Ok thanks
Then IDK if it's worth to buy it since amlogic can't be exploited like with amonet?
Regards.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rortiz2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rortiz2 Ad-Free
5th November 2019, 11:24 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rortiz2

Ok thanks
Then IDK if it's worth to buy it since amlogic can't be exploited like with amonet?
Regards.

Can be exploited this, just donate to @xXhighpowerXx for hack Amlogic devices
3rd December 2019, 12:34 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Not a great buy at the moment IMO. You can usually get deals for the FireTV 4K Stick for ~$25. The cube is more than 3x the price.
3rd December 2019, 07:46 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Why would you invest so much in the cheap crappy devices? Might as well jsut get a real Android TV box.
19th November 2020, 11:33 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyP

Why would you invest so much in the cheap crappy devices? Might as well jsut get a real Android TV box.

Well I like Amazon devices and when side loaded with the right apps they work very well, I was using the Amazon Fire TV 2nd Gen (the flat square one) which I still think was Amazons best. I saw a Cube going a lot cheaper so bought one and well so far it's working great. The trouble with my old 2nd gen was the low on storage issue even though it was not really low on storage I think Amazon as slipped something on there to make it look as if the storage was low. The Cube I think is not a cheap crappy device at all and I would not go back to an Android box, ever.
20th November 2020, 03:25 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Some other cons..
1. Amazon Game Controllers are no longer supported
2. Many sideloaded app icons show blank

I love mine though regardless of it's faults, with custom launcher anyway. Was finally worth the upgrade at prime day prices from my 2nd gen fire tv box.
20th November 2020, 04:12 PM |#10  

More
2. Many sideloaded app icons show blank
Yes have a couple of apps were the icon does not load but they still work OK, but it does spoil the Cube. Also when I used my old TV 2nd gen (flat one) my amp would be turned up to 2 to 3 lights this Cube as to be turned up 5 to 6 lights so there is also a sound issue.
20th November 2020, 04:24 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1uk1

Well I like Amazon devices and when side loaded with the right apps they work very well, I was using the Amazon Fire TV 2nd Gen (the flat square one) which I still think was Amazons best. I saw a Cube going a lot cheaper so bought one and well so far it's working great. The trouble with my old 2nd gen was the low on storage issue even though it was not really low on storage I think Amazon as slipped something on there to make it look as if the storage was low. The Cube I think is not a cheap crappy device at all and I would not go back to an Android box, ever.

But you are on an Android box. You are rooting your device to make it closer to an Android box. You are basically telling people you prefer the Android software over native Android then what in gods name are you doing on XDA?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cube 2nd, firetv cube, firetv stick

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)