Remove All Ads from XDA

Fire TV Cube Pre-order $89.99 for Prime Members

1,002 posts
Thanks Meter: 171

By schneid, Senior Member on 7th June 2018, 06:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/a...n-fire-tv-cube

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NBTFNVA

Fire TV Cube is the first hands-free streaming media player with Alexa, delivering an all-in-one entertainment experience. From across the room, just ask Alexa to turn on the TV, dim the lights, and play what you want to watch.
With far-field voice recognition, eight microphones, and beamforming technology, Fire TV Cube hears you from any direction. Enjoy hands-free voice control—search, play, pause, fast forward, and more. Plus, control your TV, sound bar, cable or satellite box, receiver, and more with just your voice.
Do more with Alexa. Fire TV Cube has a built-in speaker that lets you check the weather, listen to the news, control compatible smart home devices, and more—even with the TV off. Fire TV Cube is always getting smarter with new Alexa skills and voice functionality.
Experience true-to-life picture quality and sound with access to vivid 4K Ultra HD up to 60 fps, HDR, and the audio clarity of Dolby Atmos.
Enjoy tens of thousands of channels, apps, and Alexa skills. Get over 500,000 movies and TV episodes from Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, HBO, SHOWTIME, NBC, and more.
Access YouTube, Facebook, Reddit, and more websites with Silk and Firefox browsers.
An Amazon Prime membership unlocks thousands of movies and TV episodes including "Thursday Night Football" and Prime Originals like “The Big Sick” and “Sneaky Pete”.
Enjoy unlimited access to tens of millions of songs with Amazon Music, starting at just $3.99/month.

8th June 2018, 11:25 AM |#2  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Same low performance as Fire TV 3 and LAN connection only via adapter
8th June 2018, 09:27 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag In the wind
Thanks Meter: 171

More
Disappointed Too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainman74

Same low performance as Fire TV 3 and LAN connection only via adapter

Pros - Only i see is double RAM, 16gb, and a new CPU that I know nothing about.

Cons - Not sure how this will dance with my Logitech Harmony Hub that has all these gizmos marching in step.

Regrets - i was hoping Jeff would maybe allow integration of an OTA tuner and allow add-on storage and maybe DVR.

Anyway, I'm a fool so I signed up. Also signed up for a Channel Master Stream+. Luckily the Post office lost it and saved me $99.00 on that.
8th June 2018, 10:22 PM |#4  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 130

More
The Cube has the same quadcore ARM Cortex-A53 SoC as the Fire TV 3, so probably an Amlogic S912 derivative.
10th June 2018, 10:32 PM |#5  
I pre-ordered it and then canceled it. Waste of money. Fire TV 1st Gen still relevant.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)