FORUMS

Fire TV Stick 4K Tweaks (Need Root, Need Keyboard) Works On Any Firmware

49 posts
Thanks Meter: 25

By Skel40, Member on 9th March 2020, 05:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Before I start this tweaking guide for the Fire TV Stick 4K, I'm not responsible for what you do to your device. Please follow this guide carefully to prevent confusion. First of all, you need to be rooted and unlocked to add these tweaks to your Fire TV Stick 4K. You also need a USB keyboard or a Bluetooth keyboard to successfully type in these tweaks yourself in the file, build.prop. Due to Amazon's operating system, typing these tweaks in will redirect you to the top page in which prevents being able to scroll down to an empty line if you do end up using the Amazon Fire TV remote/controller. It's important to not accidently make the Amazon Keyboard pop up. A sidenote too, using the Fire TV remote app while copying and pasting will not work therefore will lead to the code you pasted to show up as /. Go to the Amazon Appstore and install Total Commander, you need to hover over to file system root, Grant su permissions, go to system, then long press the build.prop file and press edit file, (use Total Commander's editor). Reboot after applying these tweaks!!! With your keyboard press and hold the arrow down to scroll to the last line and hit enter, then add the build.prop tweaks listed below:

Build.prop Tweaks:

Better Scrolling
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=150
ro.min_pointer_dur=8
ro.max.fling_velocity=12000
ro.min.fling_velocity=8000
persist.sys.scrollingcache=3
debug.sf.hw=1

Modify Logcat:
logcat.live=disable

Quicker Boot Up:
ro.config.hw_quickpoweron=true

Disable Boot Animation (Optional)
debug.sf.nobootanimation=1

Modify Error Profiler:
profiler.force_disable_err_rpt=1
profiler.force_disable_ulog=1
ro.kernel.checkjni=0
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0

Disable Strict Mode Checking:
persist.android.strictmode=0

Improve Touch Responsiveness and Hardware Rendering:
persist.sys.ui.hw=1
debug.performance.tuning=1
video.accelerate.hw=1
debug.egl.profiler=1
debug.egl.hw=1
debug.composition.type=gpu

Stream Faster:
media.stagefright.enable-player=true
media.stagefright.enable-meta=true
media.stagefright.enable-scan=true
media.stagefright.enable-http=true
media.stagefright.enable-rtsp=true
media.stagefright.enable-record=true

Better Signal Strength (Helps when internet has poor latency):
persist.cust.tel.eons=1
ro.config.hw_fast_dormancy=1

Disable Sending Usage of Data:
ro.config.nocheckin=1

These are all the tweaks I have added on my Fire TV Stick 4K. So far it's been successful for me with performance improvements and apps that are horrible with scrolling. Let me know what you guys think! If you want even more performance out of your device on top of these tweaks to add in the build.prop, download and install Kernel Adiutor and set the CPU Governor to Performance. You'll now see it say 1690! Apply on Boot! Then reboot!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skel40 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skel40 Ad-Free
11th March 2020, 07:40 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks it works. Can i use this on a gen2 rooted stick?
11th March 2020, 10:45 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin23

Thanks it works. Can i use this on a gen2 rooted stick?

Yes you can!
16th March 2020, 09:57 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skel40

These are all the tweaks I have added on my Fire TV Stick 4K. So far it's been successful for me with performance improvements and apps that are horrible with scrolling. Let me know what you guys think! If you want even more performance out of your device on top of these tweaks to add in the build.prop, download and install Kernel Adiutor and set the CPU to Performance. You'll now see it say 1690! Apply on Boot! Then reboot!

Thanks for the tweaks.
I just copied the build.prop to my PC, made the tweaks and the copied back, checked the permissions and rebooted, took all of 15secs!
It does seem to be snappier now...

btw where do you set "performance" in KA? I set the min & max Freq to 1690 and applied on boot toggle. Not sure if it's persisting though...
The Following User Says Thank You to tinybilbo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tinybilbo Ad-Free
16th March 2020, 11:52 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinybilbo

Thanks for the tweaks.
I just copied the build.prop to my PC, made the tweaks and the copied back, checked the permissions and rebooted, took all of 15secs!
It does seem to be snappier now...

btw where do you set "performance" in KA? I set the min & max Freq to 1690 and applied on boot toggle. Not sure if it's persisting though...

Go to CPU, CPU Governor and set that to performance and reboot. By default its set to interactive in which randomly sets the frequencies. So its best to set it as performance since it automatically changes to the maximum CPU frequency and stays put.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skel40 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skel40 Ad-Free
23rd March 2020, 05:51 PM |#6  
Just to make sure i am clear, I copied the build.prop from the system folder. Transferred to a computer, added this to the bottom of the file (using notepad ++).

ro.min_pointer_dur=8
debug.sf.hw=1
logcat.live=disable
ro.kernel.checkjni=0
persist.sys.ui.hw=1
video.accelerate.hw=1
debug.egl.profiler=1
debug.egl.hw=1
persist.cust.tel.eons=1
ro.config.nocheckin=1

Then saved, copied back the to firestick4k overwriting existing build.prop- I used a mouse for solid explorer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Michajin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Michajin Ad-Free
23rd March 2020, 08:42 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:

Go to CPU, CPU Governor and set that to performance and reboot. By default its set to interactive in which randomly sets the frequencies. So its best to set it as performance since it automatically changes to the maximum CPU frequency and stays put.

Thanks for that... I had forgotten about changing Governors!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michajin

Just to make sure i am clear, I copied the build.prop from the system folder. Transferred to a computer, added this to the bottom of the file (using notepad ++).

ro.min_pointer_dur=8
debug.sf.hw=1
logcat.live=disable
ro.kernel.checkjni=0
persist.sys.ui.hw=1
video.accelerate.hw=1
debug.egl.profiler=1
debug.egl.hw=1
persist.cust.tel.eons=1
ro.config.nocheckin=1

Then saved, copied back the to firestick4k overwriting existing build.prop- I used a mouse for solid explorer.

Yes... pretty much what I did...
24th March 2020, 09:56 PM |#8  
What is the risk of using these on a firestick2 tank? (i great results with mantis, so i figure why not)
24th March 2020, 09:59 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michajin

What is the risk of using these on a firestick2 tank? (i great results with mantis, so i figure why not)

Extremely low. It's safe to add.
24th March 2020, 10:19 PM |#10  
Quote:

Extremely low. It's safe to add.

Very nice... Done.

Seems much better considering the tank is about as fast as a tank... Did the kernel performance also!
25th March 2020, 12:03 AM |#11  
OP Member

More
[QUOTE=Seems much better considering the tank is about as fast as a tank... Did the kernel performance also![/QUOTE]

Yes! Due to the tank being 1.3 GB of ram, it's not 1690, I forgot the max value but it still works regardless
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)