FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Firestick Gen 2 - "test" app keeps popping up

36 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By the great potato, Member on 1st April 2018, 02:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
hi guys ! i have a question i hope someone can help me with. I have a Gen 2 Firestick and for 2 days now this app called "test" keeps popping up at all times, i have no clue why its doing this. I have uninstalled the app and it comes back and ive even tryed to run the app and its tells me the App needs updated to run on my device, look for an updated version on my store.. and yeah the app dont exist on the store.. What is up with this thing? I even reformated the firestick and within a few hours it was back and doing it again !!!! this thing is driving me nuts !!! youll be watching a video or movie and this thing pops up and forces your video to pause and even crash. Can anyone help me?? i only have Terrarium,Turbo vpn,es file explorer, mouse toggle, and SPMC installed. the rest is all from Amazons factory reset. I just want to block it from running or destroy it completely. you dont even have to be doing anything and it pops up even on the Homescreen. ANyhelp would be great thank you all !! btw.. ran a virus scan it said it deleted it and it came back, tryed a firewall blocked it ,,still keeps popping up !! AURG!! help !!

1st April 2018, 02:37 AM |#2  
OP Member

More
the test app just has a White screen, and in the top left corner has a Green Android bot and the word test.. can get a pic if needed.
1st April 2018, 02:45 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
o i should say, ive googled and searched and searched for info on this and apparently im the only person in the world this is happening to
1st April 2018, 06:33 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
ok i looked at the test app in the firewall and it has more info, it says its from, com.google.time.timer , so what does that mean? is it a file from google that messed up ??
3rd April 2018, 06:27 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
hmmm. Ok i installed nox 6 emulater and installed all the same apps and so far this com.google.time.timer does not exist ! thought maybe i could track down some info on this if i installed it on my pc, someone got any ideas here???
3rd April 2018, 06:58 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
ok someone has to know something here, just got off the phone with amazon tech, they told me "test" keeps popping up because i have a trial amazon account and i have to pay for amazon service !! say what?? I dont even use the firestick for amazon service !! guess its time to root and take out the amazon services then?
3rd April 2018, 08:41 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
well so far i made a new account with my other email and deregistered my firestick off my account and put it on the new account. Let yall know what happens.
4th April 2018, 01:55 AM |#8  
OP Member

More
so far the test app hasent popped up at all. So according to amazon, you have to pay to just use this firestick.. i guess running there adds on the homepage to make them money isnt enough, you have to pay to keep using it. but ok, just keep making new accounts and linking the firestick to the new accounts will solve this problem i guess. So if anyone ever has this problem besides me, thats the answer ! thanks everyone.
7th April 2018, 04:05 PM |#9  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,486

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the great potato

so far the test app hasent popped up at all. So according to amazon, you have to pay to just use this firestick.. i guess running there adds on the homepage to make them money isnt enough, you have to pay to keep using it. but ok, just keep making new accounts and linking the firestick to the new accounts will solve this problem i guess. So if anyone ever has this problem besides me, thats the answer ! thanks everyone.

No you don't have to pay to use the firestick - you probably signed up for free 30 day prime subscription - once that runs out it will automatically charge you for the subscription unless you cancel (if there is an available payment option on your account)
I assume all you had to do if it was prime membership was to cancel your subscription

Of course you don't have to opt in for this at all during registration

You can simply remove apps via adb

The firestick doesn't come with any Google apps (for obvious reasons) so anything else that is popping up is from something you have installed
7th April 2018, 06:17 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
well, after 2 days the test is popping up again ! =*( but anyway, I know i dont have any trials of anything especially prime, i had problems with Prime before and i make sure and double check i have nothing to do with prime. Amazon tech are the ones that told me if i pay 19.99 a month or 60 for 5 months it will stop ! So i have no idea what there talking about. I can only think to uninstall apps 1 by 1 and see if it stops or not. Im really getting to a loss on this and considering selling my set up on ebay and just buying one of the 100 dollar android boxes. =( thank you much for your reply !! All i can guess it is something installed, but wth is amazon talking about ? lol
7th April 2018, 08:10 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
talked to amazon, though my account said , you have no prime sub, sign up now! they said i had a prime sub trial ... canceled it and still get the pop up !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)