FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

FTVStick and Launcher

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Mefftan, Junior Member on 7th January 2018, 04:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi

i was wondering if nobody tryed to disable the original launcher with llama or automate.

I actually use FTVStick with llama and 1 rule.
If the "Handy" restarts, launch Appstarter.

When FireTV is Turned on, a few seconds after Booting up, llama start Appstarter.
I dont need the Original Amazon menu and want to disable it all the time.

The idea is, a rule like "if ktv-launcher is foreground start appstarter", and if i push the "Home" button on remote, Amazon launcher start, llama will recognized that and start Appstarter.
So i dont need to root.

My problem is, llama is very old and not supportet anymore.
So the Rule "app in foreground" doesnt work, and i need to switch to another tool.
On a FireHD10 Tab i used Automate and it works to use a alternative launcher.
Every time i press the Home button, the amazon launcher appear, and after 1-2 seconds automate starts another launcher.

The problem, i cant use Automate on FTVStick, because i need a touchscreen to configure the tool.

I hope, anybody can help creating a Automate flow with the options to check if ktv-launcher is the active app and start appstarter,
or give me a hint how to do my idea without a touchscreen.

thanks

8th January 2018, 05:40 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I was able to control automate using a mouse and keyboard but I don’t think you can monitor for foreground applications without access to accessibility services. I hope you can get it to work though as I would love this!
8th January 2018, 04:36 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
I use Appstarter and Launcher Hijack, and followed the "Disable bloatware..." thread...
Amazon Launcher is not on my device, home button works flawlessly to return me to "Top TV Launcher 2" and it used to work for AppStarter when that was my main launcher.

FTVS2
The Following User Says Thank You to TimmyP For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TimmyP Ad-Free
14th January 2018, 12:27 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
@TimmyP many Thanks.

LauncherHijack works Perfect.
It doesnt Start Firestopper on Boot, but it catch the Home Button.

I use llama with the "On Boot" Rule and LauncherHijack for Home Button.

Thank You !
14th January 2018, 04:34 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
happy to help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)