FORUMS

How To Freeze Fire TV Stick 4K System Apps (No Root, No App Required)

86 posts
Thanks Meter: 56

By Skel40, Member on 11th June 2020, 01:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This guide is really simple and easy. It requires an adb connection only. First of all, this only works on the Fire TV Stick 4K, and secondly, go to Fire TV settings and go to developer options, then enable adb debugging. After that, either on your phone or computer, input this command: (adb connect 192.168.x.x) press always allow adb debugging on the Fire TV and type this following command: (adb shell, pm disable-user com.amazon.device.software.ota) to disable ota updates. The same command applies to the other bloatware as well! Other than that, that's pretty much it with what's required to free up more ram and storage space! Also a way you can tell if its disabled is if you notice: (Package com.amazon.device.software.ota new state: disabled-user) and putting the command, (pm list packages -d) meaning the list of packages disabled.
27th June 2020, 02:01 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks for this. I just got a fire stick 4k and put Kodi on it.

I want to keep the app store and Amazon prime video but remove the other stuff like

Alexa voice and shopping
Amazon Photos
GameCircle
Any other background logging and tracking apps that are not needed for it to function

Do you have a recommended debloat list of apps to disable or remove without root?
27th June 2020, 04:48 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat5

I want to keep the app store and Amazon prime video but remove the other stuff like

Alexa voice and shopping
Amazon Photos
GameCircle
Any other background logging and tracking apps that are not needed for it to function

Do you have a recommended debloat list of apps to disable or remove without root?

Yes! Here's a link to a debloat page for it! It gives you a full list on what you can and shouldn't disable! Before doing so, make an adb debugging connection through your computer first so you're able to enable the packages that cause issues!
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/es...able-mantis.sh
27th June 2020, 05:00 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat5

Alexa voice and shopping
Amazon Photos
GameCircle

Be careful what you disable from this list as some of them I've tested have caused issues with many things. I recommend disabling only the remote app functionalities, Amazon News (com.amazon.hedwig) Amazon Photos (com.amazon.bueller.photos) Amazon Music (com.amazon.bueller.music) Amazon Free Time (com.amazon.tahoe) Alexa Shopping (com.amazon.alexashopping) Alexa Notifications (com.amazon.tv.alexanotifications) Alexa Video Player (com.amazon.cardinal) Alexa Voice (com.amazon.vizzini) Amazon Sync (com.amazon.device.sync) Amazon Sync SDK (com.amazon.device.sync.sdk.internal) Built in Receiver (com.amazon.awvflingreceiver) Content Management Service (com.amazon.kindle.cms) Content Sync Framework (com.amazon.sync.service) Dialservice (com.amazon.dialservice) Display Mirroring (com.amazon.cast.sink) Fire TV Alexa Alerts (com.amazon.tv.alexaalerts)
27th June 2020, 08:39 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)