FORUMS

How To Properly Backup Fire TV Stick 4K in TWRP with no issues

70 posts
Thanks Meter: 49

By Skel40, Member on 19th April 2020, 12:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
As I did more testings on my Fire TV Stick 4K within TWRP, most of the issues usually occur while backing up the system and vendor. In the past, I thought I was doomed because of a bricked Fire TV Stick 4K for backing those two partitions. Yesterday, I finally discovered the true fix with backing up and restoring. You need to only backup the system image, vendor image, data, and boot to get your Fire TV Stick 4K working again WITHOUT flashing a prerooted or stock image. Let me know if this works for you and I'll be glad to respond back. I also have my version of a debloated rom for the Fire TV Stick 4K which may be available in the near future and is safely able to factory reset successfully along with the setup wizard going through without issues.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skel40 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skel40 Ad-Free
19th April 2020, 12:45 AM |#2  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skel40

As I did more testings on my Fire TV Stick 4K within TWRP, most of the issues usually occur while backing up the system and vendor. In the past, I thought I was doomed because of a bricked Fire TV Stick 4K for backing those two partitions. Yesterday, I finally discovered the true fix with backing up and restoring. You need to only backup the system image, vendor image, data, and boot to get your Fire TV Stick 4K working again WITHOUT flashing a prerooted or stock image. Let me know if this works for you and I'll be glad to respond back. I also have my version of a debloated rom for the Fire TV Stick 4K which may be available in the near future and is safely able to factory reset successfully along with the setup wizard going through without issues.

EDIT: Version 1.0 of my debloated rom will be posted here shortly! Its a backup without my account obviously, and has a few tweaks done so far. ONLY works for Fire TV Stick 4K.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skel40 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skel40 Ad-Free
19th April 2020, 10:18 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Looking forward it Skel40!
Keep up the good work....
19th April 2020, 02:48 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Awesome can't wait to try it
20th May 2020, 08:01 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question
Hello. Any update on this? Ive been trying to find a way to do this but have had no luck on my 4k sticks. Please share
20th May 2020, 08:40 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headstrongrc

Hello. Any update on this? Ive been trying to find a way to do this but have had no luck on my 4k sticks. Please share

There's no new update on this. It still works. What did you backup? Backing up the system, and vendor only bricks the device. Its always important to backup only the system image, vendor image, data and boot.
20th May 2020, 08:49 PM |#7  

More
Thank you for the reply
I understand that appdata is stored in the root folders. Im just looking for a simple way to copy that data from one stick to another. I guess i didnt understand exactly what you meant. Im really just wanting to save my atv launcher setup and if possible my logins and passwords to my premium app subscriptions. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks
20th May 2020, 08:56 PM |#8  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 54

More
You can do this with
Busybox and
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/dk.jens.backup/
I also use this for ATV and Youtube without Problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to 0815hoffi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 0815hoffi Ad-Free
20th May 2020, 09:02 PM |#9  

More
And...
I am not familiar with TWRP or know how a debloated rom works. Im not a total noob or anything but im not anywhere on your level. Please leave some details.
I currently use es to backup all apps. Ftp & filezilla and use adb commands to install apps. I move over my custom codecs and kodi data etc. I do not know how to copy the appdata on 4k stick.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Big thanks to 0815hoffi. That looks like a winner. Im cant wait to try it. Im way excited! I will let you know how it goes.
20th May 2020, 09:09 PM |#10  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 54

More
So i move my backup to the other stick.

adb shell mkdir /sdcard/oandbackups
adb push oandbackups /sdcard/oandbackups/
adb install dk.jens.backup_305.apk

And make a reboot after restore to Apply the changes.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Busybox.zip - [Click for QR Code] (759.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: apk dk.jens.backup_305.apk - [Click for QR Code] (6.16 MB, 14 views)
20th May 2020, 09:23 PM |#11  

More
Sweet
Got it. Suprisingly I havent been able to find this info anywhere else. Thank You!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)