FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

OnBootKodi (No Root)

99 posts
Thanks Meter: 68

By Xtraordinair, Member on 18th May 2017, 02:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
OnBootKodi
OnBootKodi starts Kodi when you start up your device! Also, has the option to start Kodi after a screen timeout period [user set] (If you turn on/off the timeout service, one reboot is required for changes to take effect)

Requirements
-Kodi installed

Changelog
Added timeout support

Source:
Bitbucket

Donations
Donations are not required, but if you like my work they certainly are appreciated!
Donate!

Download
GDrive

XDA:DevDB Information
OnBootKodi, Device Specific App for the Amazon Fire TV

Contributors
Xtraordinair, Xtraordinair
Source Code: https://bitbucket.org/Xtraordinair/onbootkodi/overview

Version Information

Created 2017-05-18
Last Updated 2017-05-18
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Xtraordinair For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xtraordinair Ad-Free

19th May 2017, 12:50 AM |#2  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks. Haven't tried this yet. What happens if I press the Home button on the Fire remote? Do I go back to the Amazon or Kodi screen?
19th May 2017, 04:25 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 68

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fido14dido

Thanks. Haven't tried this yet. What happens if I press the Home button on the Fire remote? Do I go back to the Amazon or Kodi screen?

Goes to the Amazon home screen, so far only supports loading Kodi on boot and after screen timeout.
19th May 2017, 06:41 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have tested your App. Not working on my 5.2.4.1 Fire TV. But keep up the goodwork though.
19th May 2017, 12:25 PM |#5  

More
Working with issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtraordinair

Goes to the Amazon home screen, so far only supports loading Kodi on boot and after screen timeout.

Thank you working on my first gen ftv stick with new menu update. However could not interact with it via either the remote or the amazon iOS remote app. Had to uninstall and reboot to stop it booting kodi. Thanx BB
21st May 2017, 02:44 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjones

Thank you working on my first gen ftv stick with new menu update. However could not interact with it via either the remote or the amazon iOS remote app. Had to uninstall and reboot to stop it booting kodi. Thanx BB

Fire os 5.2.4.1 Home ver. 5.7.3-17
22nd May 2017, 08:43 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 330

Donate to Me
More
Worked for me on both a Fire TV 1 and Fire TV 2. Both on latest 5.2.4.1 version. But I could not get the timeout option to work. Not sure about the units used, so I tried 1, 1000, and 1000000 but it always just launched immediately after boot each time.
24th May 2017, 03:58 AM |#8  
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Looks like the Time out function is to start kodi after the fire tv has gone to sleep for X amount of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFTVnews.com

Worked for me on both a Fire TV 1 and Fire TV 2. Both on latest 5.2.4.1 version. But I could not get the timeout option to work. Not sure about the units used, so I tried 1, 1000, and 1000000 but it always just launched immediately after boot each time.

25th May 2017, 12:14 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Doesn't work for SPMC
8th June 2017, 12:18 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 330

Donate to Me
More
OnBootKodi has been blacklisted by Amazon. This means you can only use it if your device is rooted and you've disabled the blacklist.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)