FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][unlocked][sloane]Lineage-12.1 [9 DEC 2019]

1,659 posts
Thanks Meter: 850

By Rortiz2, Senior Member on 9th December 2019, 08:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Rortiz2: Lineage OS 12.1 Amazon Fire TV 2 (sloane)
DISCLAIMER:
Quote:

We are not responsible for any damage, bootloop, bricked or broken devices and Relationships.
Needs TWRP installed. If system can't be rooted, refer here. If it's rooted, use rbox's recovery installer.

This is an LineageOS 12.1 build for Amazon TV 2 (aka sloane).

It's needed to flash SuperSU, if you don't do it, the device will brick!

Working/Bugs:

Installation:
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Adb push rom to /sdcard/
  • Wipe dalvik cache, cache, data and system if you come from stock or another rom.
  • adb shell
  • twrp wipe data
  • twrp wipe system
  • twrp wipe cache
  • twrp wipe dalvik
  • Flash Rom:
    Code:
    twrp install /sdcard/lineage-12.1-xxxxxxxx-UNOFFICIAL-sloane.zip
  • FLASH SUPERSU. VERY IMPORTANT!

NOTE: The ROM will take a few time to boot... (5-10 mins~) due SELinux limitations...

Quote:
Quote:

Since remote disconnects at every reboot, you will be forced to pair it at every boot. To do it, when Wi-Fi direct screen appears, start pressing home button 15-20 secs. The TV will press automatically to the remote. If the pair fails, reboot to try again.

Quote:
Quote:

It's recommended to copy your adb keys to data partition for use adb in case of something goes wrong:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...evice/36507415

Quote:
Quote:

Since this ROM is optimized for TV 2, this ROM uses LeanBack Launcher, LeanBack IME and TVSettings intsead of CM Launcher, AOSP Keyboard and CMSettings.

- @rbox TWRP and 2ndinit.
- @MSe1969 for the lineageos-12.1 sources.
- @diegocr @t0x1cSH @novatillo and @Kaijones23 for the big help with the ROM.
- @Sus_i @DanielF50 @CFKod for testing.
- @ggow for the mt8173-common tree.
- @Goayandi for the mt8173 resources.
- LineageOS team

Source Code:
Download:
Please don't mirror!
XDA:DevDB Information
Lineage OS 12.1 Amazon Fire TV 2 (sloane), ROM for the Amazon Fire TV

Contributors
Rortiz2, DanielF50
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2019-12-09

Created 2019-12-09
Last Updated 2019-13-09
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1.jpeg
Views:	982
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	4897403   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot2.jpeg
Views:	974
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	4897405   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot3.jpeg
Views:	976
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	4897407  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rortiz2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rortiz2 Ad-Free
9th December 2019, 08:59 AM |#2  
Clock Changelog
2019-25-09
  • Succsefully paired Wi-Fi Direct Remote.
  • Merge bluetooth version and Wi-Fi Direct version.

2019-13-09
  • This is a bluetooth build. Old remotes using Wi-Fi direct will not work with this build.
  • Updated security patches to December 2019.
  • LineageOS updates.

2019-12-09
  • Initial release.
Release notes
  • OMX is partially working. Software decoding is working (i.e: Kodi) but Hardware decoding is not working (i.e: Netflix).
  • Keyboard and mouse can be enabled if you disable ADB.
  • The remote needs to be paired at every boot. The ROM already implements a script that starts Wi-Fi direct activity at boot so you can automatically pair it.
  • Didn't tested G-APPS. Probably need same workaround as tank.
  • ROM will take a bit to boot due libaudiocustparam.so errors.
  • Needs SuperSU in order to boot.
  • Yes, you can use bluetooth remotes for control the device. (i.e: Fire TV Stick remote).
  • That's all, enjoy the ROM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rortiz2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rortiz2 Ad-Free
9th December 2019, 09:00 AM |#3  
Info 2 FAQ
1. The ROM doesn't seems to be booting. Help please!
- As I said, a lib used to get sound working, is constantly crashing with NVRAM so that's causing this long time booting.
- Also, we are using a pretty dirty method to disable SELinux so that may be other reason of the slow boot process.
- If you stuck more than 10 mins, it's not a lib/SELinux "issue". Reboot to get bootmenu, boot TWRP and install the ROM + SuperSU again.

2 Help, I didn't flashed SuperSU!
- I advised you... Anyway, if you're lucky and you can reach boot menu, just flash the SuperSU zip.
- If you can't access boot menu and you don't have adb access, you're pretty f*** up Use my method to unbrick and start the process again.

3. How we are booting a custom ROM with a locked bootloader?
- Since our bootloader neither boot.img checks for system partition, we can flash a different system partition.
- Also, we are using stock boot.img from Amazon's update.bin so we aren't triggering the kernel check stage.
- Obviously, we need permissive SELinux, that is possible by a modified 2ndinit that disables SELinux at boot.

4. How I can install G-APPS?
- As I said, G-APPS are not tested. Give a try to the tank's method and report back how it goes

5. I flashed a custom kernel/Magisk boot.img and now the device stucks in the Amazon Logo (aka why I can't install Magisk).
- Bootloader still locked. You can't boot unsigned boot images/recovery images. Refer to my unbrick thread to recover your bricked device.

6. Remote got disconnected, how I can reconnect it?
- Reboot and wait until it booted. When you see the home screen, press the home button 15 secs until it gets paired again.
- I'm still working on fixing ozwpan issues..

7. Does the ROM includes rbox's boot menu?
- Obviously lol. Without it we can't boot the ROM neither access TWRP in case of something goes wrong.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rortiz2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rortiz2 Ad-Free
9th December 2019, 10:31 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Does it Have the Rbox boot Menu installed so we don't lose access to TWRP
9th December 2019, 10:39 AM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothless_NEO

Does it Have the Rbox boot Menu installed so we don't lose access to TWRP

Yes. The ROM will install it. Don't worry
Regards.
9th December 2019, 01:59 PM |#8  
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 56

Donate to Me
More
Great work dude. A tip tor everyone is simply backup system and data in TWRP of both fire os and then this rom and you can seemlessly but slowly switch between the two (if ever required)

Dualboot would be nice hahaha
The Following User Says Thank You to CFKod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CFKod Ad-Free
9th December 2019, 07:57 PM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFKod

Great work dude. A tip tor everyone is simply backup system and data in TWRP of both fire os and then this rom and you can seemlessly but slowly switch between the two (if ever required)

Dualboot would be nice hahaha

Thanks
Yeah, agreed, dualboot would be nice but we need SafeStrap for that
Regards.
9th December 2019, 09:59 PM |#10  
Flag Hampshire, England
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Hell yeah, it's up! Awesome work dude!

Side note: it would be cool if anyone could let us know if the WiFi direct remote fix is working for them?

The fix works for me, but when remote goes to sleep after being idle for too long I have to manually reconnect it, which is a bit of a hassle as involves a few adb commands to get to the correct settings menu.

In an ideal world, we would be using ozwpan (I think?) to store the remote's SSID & reconnect automatically upon a keypress (like Amazon does), but unfortunately I don't seem to be able to get ozwpan to write to to /sys/class/, so unless someone with more knowledge on the subject can weigh in on this matter (any Shield TV devs here? ), we will probably have to use the current method until someone figures out how to unlock the bootloader.

If reconnecting is an issue, I'm sure @Rortiz2 could probably include a script that reconnects automatically (like init.fosflags.sh does), but it'd probably have to be manually triggered from an adb shell command.
The Following User Says Thank You to DanielF50 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DanielF50 Ad-Free
10th December 2019, 01:08 AM |#11  
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 56

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielF50

If reconnecting is an issue, I'm sure @Rortiz2 could probably include a script that reconnects automatically (like init.fosflags.sh does), but it'd probably have to be manually triggered from an adb shell command.

Good shout dude. I'd say Tasker can do that... Ie. When awoken from sleep, run adb command
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)