16th November 2015, 06:57 PM |#101  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Francisco, CA
Thanks Meter: 214

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-an-W

For the process to work I assume HDMI also needs connecting to the AFTV2 and am I ok leaving Ethernet disconnected and Wi-Fi not connected?

You only need power and USB connected. One patching is complete you will need HDMI to accept the prompt when running su from adb shell.
The Following User Says Thank You to zeroepoch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zeroepoch Ad-Free

16th November 2015, 09:41 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
EDIT: Couldn't get Mac to respond so I thought I would try the Raspberry Pi 2 and it's currently flashing my ATV2.
16th November 2015, 11:12 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
well i think I've pickled it, it didn't flash, got stuck on the 8th file over and over.
now it turns on, but now it will connect via adbfire and adb in terminal but will not accept any apks.
think I've done some internal damage, but really don't understand how to flash the original image

any help would be awesome
16th November 2015, 11:54 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
having a partial flash will definitely lead to some undesirable results. The good news is you can keep trying over and over until it finishes. Like I said before, try different ports (especially 2.0 vs 3.0 ports).
16th November 2015, 11:56 PM |#105  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunningpir8

having a partial flash will definitely lead to some undesirable results. The good news is you can keep trying over and over until it finishes. Like I said before, try different ports (especially 2.0 vs 3.0 ports).

I've only got two ports on my MBP so doesn't leave too many options haha
17th November 2015, 12:12 AM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad_robbo

I've only got two ports on my MBP so doesn't leave too many options haha

Do you have any usb hubs?
17th November 2015, 01:20 AM |#107  

More
Rooting now.
I am running the root process now. I am getting row after row of "1: 0xa0" is this the expected output or are these errors?

Also for those that have had the access denied issue after the reboot, you need to add your user to the dialout group.

Thanks
17th November 2015, 01:24 AM |#108  

Donate to Me
More
what to do with dev/ttyACMO permission denied
anyone have a way to get around this, i see what everyone is saying to do,
first i cd/ into fire tv tools then run the commands, unplug the firetv while waiting for returning handshake,
i get back a /dev/ttyACMO could not open port, permission denied,

i even got creative, tried it on all the 4 available usb ports, no go.
do you think i should try using a spare serial to usb connector, would that connect it.

i appologize, i know many people are having simillar issues,

thanks again

cf
17th November 2015, 01:41 AM |#109  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleisch80

anyone have a way to get around this, i see what everyone is saying to do,
first i cd/ into fire tv tools then run the commands, unplug the firetv while waiting for returning handshake,
i get back a /dev/ttyACMO could not open port, permission denied,

i even got creative, tried it on all the 4 available usb ports, no go.
do you think i should try using a spare serial to usb connector, would that connect it.

i appologize, i know many people are having simillar issues,

thanks again

cf

run "sudo adduser USERID dialout" then restart. That is how I got past that error
17th November 2015, 05:26 AM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Its looks like everything completed ok via the Pi 2

Not really sure what to do now, I have never used ADB. Do I connect to the AFTV2 somehow and issue the commands?
17th November 2015, 06:21 AM |#111  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Francisco, CA
Thanks Meter: 214

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by john6six

I am running the root process now. I am getting row after row of "1: 0xa0" is this the expected output or are these errors?

Also for those that have had the access denied issue after the reboot, you need to add your user to the dialout group.

Thanks

Something is wrong with serial port buffering mostly likely. Try powering everything off and try again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aftv2, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)