FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[NO ROOT] Amazon Fire TV Setup Tool [ Kills Amazon Launcher + XFINITY STREAM 2017 ]

126 posts
Thanks Meter: 80

By nyln, Senior Member on 12th August 2017, 01:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everyone!

I have had to set up quite a few of these sticks, so I wanted to start a little development tool to automate the process.

This is just a stupid bash script but it will make your TV usable without ads by installing Launcher Hijack 3 and configuring it for you and X43Stream. If anyone has requests I will work on this further. Leanback will not work, someone needs to mod it.

Source
PHP Code:
echo "Please ensure you are already connected and adb is installed correctly."
sleep 1
echo "Installing Launcher Hijack 3 (LH3).."
adb install "LauncherHijack3.apk"
echo "Installing TV Launcher.."
adb install "TVLauncher.apk"
echo "Installing XFinity Stream latest July 2017.."
adb install "X43Stream.apk"
echo "Opening LH3.."
adb shell am start -n com.baronkiko.launcherhijack/.MainActivity
sleep 3
echo "Selecting new launcher.."
adb shell input keyevent 23
sleep 1
adb shell input keyevent 23
sleep 1
adb shell am start 
-n com.awe.dev.pro.tv/.Launcher
echo "Enjoy, try out the home button!"
echo "It may not work every time, press again, work in progress :)" 

or download it:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/epob8z
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nyln For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nyln Ad-Free

14th August 2017, 04:28 AM |#2  
Flag Santa Isabel, Puerto Rico
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Thank you so much, I can't root my fire TV and I'm sick and tired of the Amazon launcher. I will be setting it up tomorrow. Will post back with results
14th August 2017, 03:18 PM |#3  
Flag Santa Isabel, Puerto Rico
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Nvmd, finally got it.
15th August 2017, 11:00 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
This can be ran as a straight native Windows batch without having to install Bash support. Replace "sleep 1" with "timeout -t 1"

(or you can just paste ^^ into a properly connected ADB console with apks in the right places, will fail on "sleep 1" but it worked for me)

EDIT: Also works fine with Tvlauncher 2 rename the apk to tvlauncher like in the package and thanks OP! Home button seems to work fine for me!
30th August 2017, 07:31 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
installation help
Please help me install this fire tv setup tool i have a newer fire tv and dont know what to do with the download. i am not a pro but can follow directions and i hate the fire tv launcher.
Please help
Thank You
30th August 2017, 10:25 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
1. open a command prompt to the directory that contains ADB and put everything from the download in the same folder.
2. in the console window "adb connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" where the x's are your IP of your FireTV\Stick (no quotes)
3. cut\paste the script from above into the console (cmd) window and run it...
4. it will error on "sleep 1" but continue and finish fine. If you want to correct the script for Windows batch scripting, replace "sleep 1" with "timeout -t 1" and save it as a .bat file.

I don't understand why this was only posted as a bash script (it is the best non-root hack there is). Windows doesn't support bash out of the box, and 99 percent of the people who download the script wont know what to do with it. BTW this works, and even works with other launchers. I use Tv launcher 2 which supports (its own special) widgets. No root. Never see the amazon launcher. Block updates, and do it asap.

EDIT: Fire Stick 2 fyi
The Following User Says Thank You to TimmyP For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TimmyP Ad-Free
3rd September 2017, 06:59 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 282

More
So do we need to use the tvlauncher apk for the xfinity app to work?
What is the tv launcher? Same UI as the newer aftv ui (-ads?)
Only reason I don't just jump in and test it is Im not 100%sure how to undo it. Just uninstall the apks?
Thanks
[B]UPDATE-I just went for it and it works....sort of.
It immediately launches the new UI but after setting it up, when I hit the home button it just returns to the normal AFTV launcher.
***This is actually preferable to me since all I really wanted was the Xfinity stream app to work. I tried just extracting the apk and installing it on my other Fire TV but it said incompatible.
3rd September 2017, 08:06 PM |#8  
Flag Schaumburg
Thanks Meter: 14

More
First I would like to say thank you for a great tool to use on non rooted devices, I love it.

One thing i noticed is, that most people still won't know what to do with this tool so i will try and help explain better
-download adb and install it, if you haven't already
-download the file OP has at top of post
-extract the zip file
-copy and paste the code at top of OP into NOTEPAD
-change every spot that says "Sleep 1", erase that and copy and paste this there instead "timeout -t 1
-click file at the top left in notepad and click save as name it FireTV.bat
-goto your adb folder of install, usually C:\Program Files (x86)
-erase the "sh file" in the file you downloaded and extracted from the OP earlier
-put the new FireTV.bat you just made in that folder you just erased the "sh file" from
-now put all of those files into the adb folder you just opened and found,"launcher hijack apk, TVLauncher apk, x43Stream apk and your FireTV.bat files."
-hold on shift and right click with your mouse to open and command promnt here, if that doesn't show powershell works as well, it depends on your windows version.
-type "adb connect 192.168.1.8 or whatever you ip is for your FIreTV, this is found by going to settings, device, about and scroll down to network and it will list your IP
-if right it will say connected to device
-now simply left click hold and drag the FireTV.bat file you just created into the command promt and press enter
-that is it should work just fine.

I usually don't do this so I hope I helped a little bit.
The Following User Says Thank You to enigma7820 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift enigma7820 Ad-Free
8th September 2017, 04:24 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Ok, just tried this, works pretty flawless. Sometimes you have to press home a couple times to get it to work(but that's no big deal). One thing i did notice though, if you have appstarter/firestarter (forget its name) it launches it instead, simple fix is to uninstall it then run the .bat again.

Does this work on firestick as well? Would hate to mess something up lol.

Edit.
For anyone wondering, no this does not work on firestick, it will install the apps but thats it.
10th September 2017, 07:43 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyP

This can be ran as a straight native Windows batch without having to install Bash support. Replace "sleep 1" with "timeout -t 1"

(or you can just paste ^^ into a properly connected ADB console with apks in the right places, will fail on "sleep 1" but it worked for me)

EDIT: Also works fine with Tvlauncher 2 rename the apk to tvlauncher like in the package and thanks OP! Home button seems to work fine for me!

Do you have a safe download link for the Tvlauncher 2 apk? Also so all I do is change Tvlauncher in the script to Tvlauncher2 and replace the apk in the download file?
13th September 2017, 11:54 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Would it be possible to add a app killer similar to firestarter when you press the menu key, even if just to launch system default app manager? If it had that i think it'd be perfect.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, amazon launcher, no root, tool, xfinity stream

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)