[ROOT][GUIDE][2018] Enable Leanback Laucher, Recommendations, Castreceiver, Assistant

Search This thread

rainman74

Jul 31, 2016
Munich
Because of the XInstaller, other basic Amazon activities can be called up (which are normally only possible with the Amazon TV Launcher) and I will include them in an upcoming version of conFIREator, e.g. screen and sound settings, sdcard menu, Fire TV info, etc.

This allows you to access all Amazon settings even if Amazon Launcher is disabled.

---

I also added infos about usable stream APIs in the first post :)

Last edited:

rainman74

Jul 31, 2016
Munich
Furthermore I added a manual how to clone the whole modification to other identical Fire TV devices (e.g. from one Fire TV 4k to any number of other Fire TV 4k boxes).

HiJacK69

Oct 8, 2011
4. Install Open Google apps for Android TV

Download the matching zip file and copy it to the sdcard (I use version open_gapps-arm64-5.1-tvstock-20180423).

Open GApps for ARM (Fire TV sticks)
Open GApps for ARM64 (Fire TV boxes)

Insert this code to new "gapps-config.txt" and copy it to the same directory as the GApps on the sdcard.
Code:
forceclean
skipswypelibs
skipvendorlibs
GoogleAssistant

+extsharedstock
+keyboardstock
+provision
+packageinstallerstock
+webviewstock
+notouchauthdelegate

Include

gappspico
backdrop
#castreceiver
configupdater
googlebackuptransport
googlecontactsync
gsfcore
leanbacklauncher
overscan
secondscreenauthbridge
secondscreensetup
tvcustomization
tvetc
tvframework
tvgmscore
tvkeyboardgoogle
tvvending
tvwallpaper
tvwidget

Then install the GApps zip via TWRP and restart the device. Please don't sign up for Google Play Store yet!

I've hit a snag at this point. I moved open_gapps-arm-5.1-tvstock-20180423 and gapps-config.txt to /sdcard/, but when I install the gapps zip via TWRP, I see a very limited Android TV launcher. The problem is that I only see the voice icon in the upper left corner, the time in the upper right corner and 2 apps (supersu and xposed edge pro); nothing else.

Is this how it's supposed to look like because you said "please don't sign up for Google Play Store yet", which I'm not seeing. I was going over SimLynks thread and he also uses a AFTV1 (only difference is he is using 5.2.4.1 and I'm on 5.2.6.2). I noticed that he was using open_gapps-arm-5.1-tvstock-20170202.zip, but that version is no longer available. The oldest version I can find is open_gapps-arm-5.1-tvstock-20170829.zip.

I'm trying to redo everything with open_gapps-arm-5.1-tvstock-20170829.zip to see if it makes any difference. Someone in his thread said they got 5.2.6.2 working with open_gapps-arm-5.1-tvstock-20180331.zip, so I might try that version too.

5. Allow Google registration (NoTouchAuthDelegate)
Tv-NoTouchGsf.apk
Code:
adb shell su -c mount -o remount,rw /system

adb push C:\adb\Tv-NoTouchGsf.apk /sdcard/
[B][COLOR="red"]adb shell su -c mkdir /system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate/[/COLOR][/b]
adb shell su -c chmod 755 /system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate/
[b]adb shell su -c rm /system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate/NoTouchAuthDelegate.apk 
adb shell su -c cp /sdcard/Tv-NoTouchGsf.apk /system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate/NoTouchAuthDelegate.apk
adb shell su -c chmod 644 /system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate/NoTouchAuthDelegate.apk
adb shell su -c chown root:root /system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate/NoTouchAuthDelegate.apk[/b]
adb shell su -c rm /sdcard/Tv-NoTouchGsf.apk

adb shell su -c mount -o remount,ro /system
I got some errors at this point. The bold areas is where I'm having issues. I don't have NoTouchAuthDelegate.apk installed or see it in the required directory, so I get an error.

I'm going to read through SimLynks thread to see if there are any files I'm missing or need. I'm thinking the process/files needed for the AFTV1 and AFTV2 are different?

rainman74

Jul 31, 2016
Munich
I've hit a snag at this point. I moved open_gapps-arm-5.1-tvstock-20180423 and gapps-config.txt to /sdcard/, but when I install the gapps zip via TWRP, I see a very limited Android TV launcher. The problem is that I only see the voice icon in the upper left corner, the time in the upper right corner and 2 apps (supersu and xposed edge pro); nothing else.

I'm trying to redo everything with open_gapps-arm-5.1-tvstock-20170829.zip to see if it makes any difference. Someone in his thread said they got 5.2.6.2 working with open_gapps-arm-5.1-tvstock-20180331.zip, so I might try that version too.
Yes, it should look like this if you haven't installed any other apps yet :)

The recommendations will not appear until you install apps that give the launcher recommendations, e.g. YouTube, Spotify, Kodi, etc..

As soon as you have installed the TvSettings correctly, the icons Settings, Info and Network/WLAN will also be added below.

---

The voice icon in the upper left corner will not work until you have installed the Google app.

---

open_gapps-arm-5.1-tvstock-20180423 is the best version I know at the moment, an older one you should not take!

---

The error with adb shell su -c rm /system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate/NoTouchAuthDelegate.apk
is normal if you have never installed such an APK before! I just wanted to rule out all eventualities, so the paragraph includes more than on a case-by-case basis.

It is only important that these 3 go through without errors and you reboot afterwards:
adb shell su -c cp /sdcard/Tv-NoTouchGsf.apk /system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate/NoTouchAuthDelegate.apk
adb shell su -c chmod 644 /system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate/NoTouchAuthDelegate.apk
adb shell su -c chown root:root /system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate/NoTouchAuthDelegate.apk

Last edited:

HiJacK69

Oct 8, 2011
Yes, it should look like this if you haven't installed any other apps yet :)

The recommendations will not appear until you install apps that give the launcher recommendations, e.g. YouTube, Spotify, Kodi, etc..

As soon as you have installed the TvSettings correctly, the icons Settings, Info and Network/WLAN will also be added below.

---

The voice icon in the upper left corner will not work until you have installed the Google app.

---

open_gapps-arm-5.1-tvstock-20180423 is the best version I know at the moment, an older one you should not take!

OK, great! I thought I was doing something wrong because I never got a prompt or option to sign into Google. I was reading your instructions and got confused. The reason I was trying different versions of gapps is because I thought I did something wrong. I'll stick to the one you recommended.

I was reading the other thread and someone was saying that you need at least 130mb in your /system directory or you'll run into issues (ie error 70, which I got during one of my tests). After a few clean installs, I only have about 58mb of free space in my /system directory.

The error with adb shell su -c rm /system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate/NoTouchAuthDelegate.apk
is normal if you have never installed such an APK before! I just wanted to rule out all eventualities, so the paragraph includes more than on a case-by-case basis.

It is only important that these 3 go through without errors and you reboot afterwards:
adb shell su -c chown root:root /system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate/NoTouchAuthDelegate.apk

Ok, so I should just ignore the errors and move on? I was looking all over for the NoTouchAuthDelegate.apk file, because of the errors. It wasn't available in any of my directories. Then, I thought I was suppose to download and install it somewhere (it was driving me nuts... lol). I'm giving it another shot. Hopefully, this time I can complete everything without any issues.

On a good note, I'm getting better/faster at this because I've repeated the steps so many times... lol.

BTW, I was going over your revisions on the first page and I think you're missing
Code:
adb shell su -c mkdir /system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate/
in step #5. Otherwise it will give you an error saying NoTouchAuthDelegate does not exist. At least it did for me.

I like the additions you made with the tips and apps. I was going to research on how to clone the AFTV and you covered it as well. :good:

Last edited:

rainman74

Jul 31, 2016
Munich
I like the additions you made with the tips and apps. I was going to research on how to clone the AFTV and you covered it as well. :good:

Thank you :)

Yes, adb shell su -c mkdir /system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate/ was missing, I didn't notice because I already had the directory ;)
Thanks also for the hint, I added it.

Well then all ambiguities are solved now, I keep my fingers crossed that it works for you! The Leanback Launcher with the recommendations from the installed apps is worlds better than the rigid Fire TV interface (which only shows Amazon items) or any other TV launcher. Therefore, in my opinion, the modification is definitely worthwhile if you have a rooted device ;)

sconnyuk

Jul 31, 2011
Sunderland
Has anyone noticed alot of connection errors using this ? im not 100 percent sure if its to do with my shoddy internet connection or not but quite often if i try play a youtube video or a netflix video or even play something in mobdro i have errors or cant play this right now. Only a restart seems to fix it, any ideas guys ?

rainman74

Jul 31, 2016
Munich
Has anyone noticed alot of connection errors using this ? im not 100 percent sure if its to do with my shoddy internet connection or not but quite often if i try play a youtube video or a netflix video or even play something in mobdro i have errors or cant play this right now. Only a restart seems to fix it, any ideas guys ?

The modification does not change the network and connection settings nor the system configuration. Except that more permissions are added. I don't see a connection with the problems you described.

But Fire TV have known problems with 5 GHz WLAN, so I only use 2.4 GHz on all my devices.
Specifically: I use 2 different SSIDs on the router for the two WLANs and only connect the boxes to the 2.4 GHz WLAN.

sconnyuk

Jul 31, 2011
Sunderland
The modification does not change the network and connection settings nor the system configuration. Except that more permissions are added. I don't see a connection with the problems you described.

But Fire TV have known problems with 5 GHz WLAN, so I only use 2.4 GHz on all my devices.
Specifically: I use 2 different SSIDs on the router for the two WLANs and only connect the boxes to the 2.4 GHz WLAN.

Thankyou for the information.

I guess it is my internet connection which im pleased to say im out of contract with them very soon and will be changing.

The modifications are excellent, everything works as expected and the navigation is very smooth.
i have a spare Fire Stick v1 that is rooted and im going to install to that, im wondering if anyone has already ? and what the performance is like on the Fire Stick v1 as they are quite slow to start with.
Thanks

HiJacK69

Oct 8, 2011
Well then all ambiguities are solved now, I keep my fingers crossed that it works for you! The Leanback Launcher with the recommendations from the installed apps is worlds better than the rigid Fire TV interface (which only shows Amazon items) or any other TV launcher. Therefore, in my opinion, the modification is definitely worthwhile if you have a rooted device ;)

After tripping over a few hurdles, I finally got it working. I can confirm this guide is working on a AFTV1 box with 5.2.6.2 (with the exception for Google Voice Assistant, Amazon Prime Video, & a few glitches). Netflix & other apps have not tested. I should have waited for you to make all your revisions and updates before I started. It would have saved me a bunch of time and headaches. I have a bunch of tips and suggestions for anyone else who wants to try this launcher, but I'll write it in a separate post.

I haven't had time to test everything, but did notice that I had a few random reboots during the installation process (while I was entering code). I did notice a few issues:

1. Google Voice. According to your instructions
This is the standard function, you first have to click and release the microphone, wait until the input is ready ("Speak Now" appears), and then press and hold the microphone and speak, then release.
The "Speak Now" never appeared on my screen. When I press on the mic button on the remote, I get a message that says "Can't reach Google at the moment, Click to speak again, or press right to type".

Then I would press and hold the mic and speak, it doesn't do anything. After pressing the mic a few more times, it crashes. I also noticed that when I press the mic button on the remote and try to select the keyboard function, it also crashes.

2. Bootup/Reboots. I noticed that every time I reboot, I get the "Optimizing system storage and applications" screen... may take up to 10 minutes message. Is there any way to fix this?

3. Screensaver & Backdrop. The screensaver is missing. I think it's because we disabled com.amazon.bueller.photo. I actually deleted it to create more space. I can't figure out how/where to load new pictures. I also wanted to change the backdrop like yours, but can't find the option to do so. I found this site, which explains how to do it, but the app is no longer available.

4. Casting. I tried the casting app, but couldn't figure out how to use it. I tried casting something from my phone and it wouldn't work. I can see the AFTV, but it won't cast anything. Maybe I'm using the wrong app on my phone? The funny thing is I was watching some YouTube videos and people were casting YouTube without any additional apps. There is a casting icon on their phone, which is not available on my phone (Zmax Pro Z981). I also have a iPhone 6S Plus, which I might try later.

5. Long Press Menu Key for Apps. I noticed that when I long pressed the menu button on the remote, there is a shortcut display of my installed apps along the bottom. The only problem is that everything is blended in together and it's hard to distinguish which app is being selected (navigation is hard to see). Is there a way to fix this?

6. Restricted Profile. This icon was not there until I installed the casting app and tried to connect my AFTV to my phone. After I connected the AFTV with the phone, the "Restricted Profile" icon appeared. I was trying to delete it, but ran into a problem. When I clicked on the icon to go into the settings, it crashed my device and rebooted. When it restarted, it had an image on the screen to press the PLAY button. Then it asked for "Language" and went into "Scanning for Networks" (just like setting up a new device). It pretty much screwed everything up. I should have made a backup before testing everything out.

I'll upload a video later to address these issues. So far, that's all the issues I've found so far. I haven't installed any apps from the Play Store yet. I'm trying to get all the kinks worked out before I create a clone. I was looking at the cloning instructions, and I already have questions about it already (which I'll save for later).

Last edited:

rainman74

Jul 31, 2016
Munich
I did notice a few issues

1. Google Voice.
The message "Can't reach Google..." can have several causes. Two of them: You are using an older Google app or are not properly signed in with your Google account. Just remove your Google account and uninstall the Google app (you can do both in the TvSettings) and then log in again via Google Play Store. And from there reinstall the Google app.

2. Bootup/Reboots.
I haven't found a way around it yet, but it only takes 5 seconds and not 10 minutes ;)

3. Screensaver & Backdrop.
You can easily set the installed Daydream screensaver in the TvSettings. If you have another app installed that also displays images as screensaver, this can also be done in the same setting. I use e.g. pFolio, so you can display your own pictures.

4. Casting.
YouTube cannot be casted because Chromecast Audio is not licensed on Fire TV. That's why I didn't mention it in the first post. But the voice search also works in the YouTube App for Android, so I always speak my searches directly in the app. The casting of YouTube is therefore superfluous. If you often use casting for other apps, I recommend using AirScreen.

5. Long Press Menu Key for Apps.
No, this cannot be changed without modifying the Leanback app. But this menu is hardly used anyway. If someone knows another way, gladly info.

6. Restricted Profile.
Can you send me some screenshots of it, I don't understand the problem.

HiJacK69

Oct 8, 2011
1. Google Voice.
The message "Can't reach Google..." can have several causes. Two of them: You are using an older Google app or are not properly signed in with your Google account. Just remove your Google account and uninstall the Google app (you can do both in the TvSettings) and then log in again via Google Play Store. And from there reinstall the Google app.
I'm in the process of re-programming my box, but I'll try this as soon as I get it back up and running. I used the same apk you suggested. It's the same one you posted in Post #7. Now when I sign into my Google account, do I have to do anything special or go through any additional settings? BTW, I sideloaded the apk via ADB and didn't search for it through the Play Store. Does that make any difference? When you search from the Play Store, I didn't see an option to pick an older version. I just saw an "install" button.

Is this the same thing as the Google assistant? I was watching a video demo of the Mi Box and it was pretty cool; similar to Alexa.

2. Bootup/Reboots.
I haven't found a way around it yet, but it only takes 5 seconds and not 10 minutes ;)
Ok, it's just annoying. I know it doesn't take 10 min, but I was just relaying the message. If anyone figures a way to get rid of this, please let me know.

3. Screensaver & Backdrop.
You can easily set the installed Daydream screensaver in the TvSettings. If you have another app installed that also displays images as screensaver, this can also be done in the same setting. I use e.g. pFolio, so you can display your own pictures.
Hmm, I didn't see that. Although, I didn't have much time to go through everything because my box crashed. I'll have to go back and check out TvSettings once my box is back up and running. I'll also check out pFolio. I like the way you have your homescreen set up.

4. Casting.
YouTube cannot be casted because Chromecast Audio is not licensed on Fire TV. That's why I didn't mention it in the first post. But the voice search also works in the YouTube App for Android, so I always speak my searches directly in the app. The casting of YouTube is therefore superfluous. If you often use casting for other apps, I recommend using AirScreen.
I just picked YouTube because that's what I was watching other people do on their Nexus Players on YouTube. I was going over your revisions on the first page and just noticed what you just pointed out. I think I'm going with Airscreen. I was watching a YouTube demo and I like it.

5. Long Press Menu Key for Apps.
No, this cannot be changed without modifying the Leanback app. But this menu is hardly used anyway. If someone knows another way, gladly info.
I actually like it because it keeps a clean look. The only thing I hate about it is that you can't see where to navigate. I thought it was cosmetic. I was hoping another backdrop would fix it. Yeah, if someone knows how to fix this, please chime in.

6. Restricted Profile.
Can you send me some screenshots of it, I don't understand the problem.
I'm actually getting ready to upload a demo video on YouTube for you so you can see what happened. I guess there's a bug with the restricted profile setting. If anyone else sees it don't click on it or else you'll get screwed. I think it's also available through the settings in the Play Store app. I think it said to set it up though their website with another PC.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

BTW, since I have to re-program my box, I have a question regarding the apps being disabled/removed in steps 1, 11 & 12. Are you pulling those apps from /system/app/ and /system/priv-app/? If so, there are a few apps that you have on your list that are not showing on my device. Should I just skip the ones that are NOT on my device? I also have some that are named similar:
com.amazon.kindle.cms-service, instead of com.amazon.kindle.cms;
com.amazon.tcomm, instead of com.amazon.tcomm.client;
AdvertisingIdSettings, instead of com.amazon.advertisingidsettings

I also have some apps that are big in size such as WhisperCastConnect and more that are not on your list. I'm wondering if the Google Voice not working is related to this? Would disabling an app that is not on my device break anything?

Last edited:

rainman74

Jul 31, 2016
Munich

Could you please ask your questions one by one here? It takes me too much time to go through so much at once :)

Start with the question about the highest importance for you...

Briefly about Daydream:
051118131130.png051118131135.png051118131142.png

Last edited:

HiJacK69

Oct 8, 2011
Could you please ask your questions one by one here? It takes me too much time to go through so much at once :)

Start with the question about the highest importance for you...

Briefly about Daydream:
View attachment 4498274View attachment 4498275View attachment 4498276
Ok, sorry mate. I wanted to get everything out at once in case I forgot something. At least I organized everything for you lol.

My Daydream doesn't look like that. The only option I saw was none or backdrop. If I selected backdrop, then error codes would appear with the word Chromecast. I'll upload a video demo as soon as I get my box back up and running.

rainman74

Jul 31, 2016
Munich
Ok, sorry mate. I wanted to get everything out at once in case I forgot something. At least I organized everything for you lol.

My Daydream doesn't look like that. The only option I saw was none or backdrop. If I selected backdrop, then error codes would appear with the word Chromecast. I'll upload a video demo as soon as I get my box back up and running.

Then there is something wrong with your installation of the GApps. Daydream will be installed there.

Please post these two files from the folder that will be created after installation:
open_gapps_debug_logs.tar.gz
open_gapps_log.txt

HiJacK69

Oct 8, 2011
Restricted Profile. This icon was not there until I installed the casting app and tried to connect my AFTV to my phone. After I connected the AFTV with the phone, the "Restricted Profile" icon appeared. I was trying to delete it, but ran into a problem. When I clicked on the icon to go into the settings, it crashed my device and rebooted. When it restarted, it had an image on the screen to press the PLAY button. Then it asked for "Language" and went into "Scanning for Networks" (just like setting up a new device). It pretty much screwed everything up. I should have made a backup before testing everything out.

Here is a video that demonstrates this issue. I thought I had bricked my box. When I got home from work, someone in the house plugged the box in and didn't realize the box went into a continuous loop. The box was so hot, you could fry an egg on it. When I turned the TV on, the screen was completely blank and there was no signal. After a few reboots, same thing.

I remember reviving an old hard drive by throwing it in the freezer, so I figured I try the same thing with the AFTV. After about 30 mins, I plugged it back in and BADA BING, it came back to life! I stopped the video at the "Scanning for Network" screen because I wanted to keep the video short. After trying to connecting to my network, it would crash and go back into a loop.

I wanted to upload the video before re-programming the box. I'll upload more videos addressing the other issues as soon as I get my box back up and running. This time, I'll remember to make a backup ;) I was so excited the last time that I forgot and wanted to test all the new options.

HiJacK69

Oct 8, 2011
Then there is something wrong with your installation of the GApps. Daydream will be installed there.

Please post these two files from the folder that will be created after installation:
open_gapps_debug_logs.tar.gz
open_gapps_log.txt

Just to clarify, Daydream did install, but I didn't have any screensavers pre-installed. When I clicked on Daydream, I had 2 options; backdrop and none. I tried backdrop, but when I clicked on test, my screen displayed some code, along with something relating to Chromecast (if I recall correctly).

I was able to extract the 2 files you requested via TWRP. I appreciate all your help mate!

Attachments

• open_gapps_debug_logs.tar.gz
    67.4 KB · Views: 6
  • open_gapps_log.txt
    4.4 KB · Views: 9

rainman74

Jul 31, 2016
Munich
Here is a video that demonstrates this issue...

If you continue like this you can soon open your own thread with the title "Beware! Things you shouldn't do if you want to modify your box error-free!" :D;)

In short, you use a restricted Google profile! Apparently, a Google app resents you and throws you out. Will you return to the Leanback Laucher or the Amazon setup screen on the next boot?

Please do not use restricted profile:
https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/3175031

P.S. What do you mean with "re-programming the box" :confused:

Last edited:

rainman74

Jul 31, 2016
Munich
Just to clarify, Daydream did install, but I didn't have any screensavers pre-installed. When I clicked on Daydream, I had 2 options; backdrop and none. I tried backdrop, but when I clicked on test, my screen displayed some code, along with something relating to Chromecast (if I recall correctly).

I was able to extract the 2 files you requested via TWRP. I appreciate all your help mate!

Your GApps installation looks good! Everything fits. :good:

Uninstall the CastReceiver and use AirScreen. This is also possible in a free version. With this one I haven't noticed any problems with Daydream so far. Of course, it can also be related to your restricted profile!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I hereby discontinue support for my Fire TV Guides and Apps. I've been a big fan of Fire TV devices for the last 2-3 years, but Amazon has now with each firmware further limited the possibilities of a configurable Android environment and even destroyed standard Android commands. This goes too far for me now.

I can recommend the following devices to anyone who wants to have a reasonable and much better Android TV experience, which I now use myself and am enthusiastic about:
    • Mi Box
    • Mi Box S
    • Sony Android TV (ATV3 platform, eg. XF7, XF8, XF9 or higher)
    Hey, first thank you for your tutorial :good:. Followed all the steps, but unfortunaley I get every time the error 70, when I want to install the opengapps package over twrp (Fire TV 1). Even tried your morespace adb commands, but still get this error. Also tried to wipe everything (twrp wipe cache, system etc.).

My firetv 1 is on the new 5.2.6.6 Firmware (bueller), is the new firmware the problem?

You have several problems:

1. Your free space on the system partition is much too small (17,552 KB free), indicating that a lot of exceptional stuff have been installed on your device to system partition
    2. Your device type is still on "phone", indicating that step two was not executed correctly (Customize build.prop)
    3. The entries ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-xiaomi-tv and ro.com.google.gmsversion=5.1_r1_TV are also missing, indicating that you did not install BusyBox correctly. Just installing the apk is not enough, you have to start BusyBox, grant root privileges and then install the actual BusyBox binary and repeat from step two.

Beyond that following suggestions:
    • Delete as many system apps as you can that you don't need
    • Make sure you have actually deleted these apps, check the folders using Total Commander or shell ls command...
      Code:

adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/WhisperplayCore
      adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/WhisperplayInstall
      adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/com.amazon.amazonvideo.livingroom
      adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/com.amazon.avod
      adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/com.amazon.bueller.music
      adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/com.amazon.bueller.photos
      adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/com.amazon.shoptv.client
      adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/com.amazon.tahoe
      adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/com.amazon.tv.csapp
      adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/com.amazon.tv.livetv
      adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/com.amazon.vizzini
      adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/com.amazon.venezia [B]*optional*[/B]

Awesome a new project for tomorrow. Thanks for all your hard work.
    attachment.php

attachment.php

The following steps installs the newest Leanback Launcher with Recommendations, Chromecast integrated, Daydream and activates the Google Voice Search with Google Assistant so that it also can be used in a current Kodi 18 Nightly Build on a Fire TV.

This is the most comprehensive and up-to-date transformation of a Fire TV into an Android TV device with almost all Google functionalities usable.

Amazon TV Launcher and Amazon Alexa voice search are completely replaced by Leanback Launcher and Google Voice Search. Xposed edge, XInstaller and HDXPosed must also be installed and activated. Before installing it is recommended to make a backup of the system and data partition via TWRP if you have connected an external sdcard. Many thanks to @SimLynks for some tips from his PlayFire modification and to @peleg for his wonderful [project] aftv2atv.

This manual is only possible with a rooted device!

• Tested on a rooted Fire TV 4k box
    • Firmware 5.2.6.2

Instructions:
    Unpack all zip files and copy all apk in the appendix to C:\adb\

1. Disabling unnecessary and blocking Amazon junk
    Code:
    adb shell su -c pm disable amazon.jackson19
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.acos.providers.UnifiedSettingsProvider
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.advertisingidsettings
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.ags.app
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.application.compatibility.enforcer
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.application.compatibility.enforcer.sdk.library
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.avod
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.bueller.music
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.bueller.notification
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.bueller.photos
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.client.metrics
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.client.metrics.api
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.communication.discovery
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.device.sale.service
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.device.software.ota
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.device.software.ota.override
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.device.sync
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.device.sync.sdk.internal
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.imp
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.kindle.cms
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.kor.demo
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.logan
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.metrics.api
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.ods.kindleconnect
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.recess
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.tahoe
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.tcomm.client
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.tv.csapp
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.tv.launcher
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.tv.launcher/.ui.HomeActivity_vNext
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.tv.legal.notices
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.tv.nimh
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.tv.settings/com.amazon.tv.settings.tv.AppDisableService

adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/com.amazon.vizzini
    adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/WhisperplayCore
    adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/WhisperplayInstall
    (Notice: Amazon Alexa and Wisperplay will be completely deleted to make room on the system partition for Chromecast Integrated.)

2. Customize build.prop
    View attachment 4481935
    Code:

adb push C:\adb\mod-build.prop.sh /sdcard/
    adb shell su -c sh /sdcard/mod-build.prop.sh
    adb shell su -c rm /sdcard/mod-build.prop.sh

3. Adjust permissions for voice recognition
    View attachment 4481936
    Code:

adb push C:\adb\tv_core_hardware.xml /sdcard/
    adb shell su -c cp /sdcard/tv_core_hardware.xml /system/etc/permissions/tv_core_hardware.xml
    adb shell su -c chmod 644 /system/etc/permissions/tv_core_hardware.xml
    adb shell su -c chown root:root /system/etc/permissions/tv_core_hardware.xml
    adb shell su -c rm /sdcard/tv_core_hardware.xml

4. Install Open Google apps for Android TV

Download the matching zip file and copy it to the sdcard (I use version open_gapps-arm64-5.1-tvstock-20180423).

Open GApps for ARM (Fire TV sticks)
    Open GApps for ARM64 (Fire TV boxes)

Insert this code to new "gapps-config.txt" and copy it to the same directory as the GApps on the sdcard.
    Code:
    forceclean
    skipswypelibs
    skipvendorlibs
    GoogleAssistant

+extsharedstock
    +keyboardstock
    +provision
    +packageinstallerstock
    +webviewstock
    +notouchauthdelegate

Include

gappspico
    backdrop
    #castreceiver
    configupdater
    googlebackuptransport
    googlecontactsync
    gsfcore
    leanbacklauncher
    overscan
    secondscreenauthbridge
    secondscreensetup
    tvcustomization
    tvetc
    tvframework
    tvgmscore
    tvkeyboardgoogle
    tvvending
    tvwallpaper
    tvwidget

Then install the GApps zip via TWRP and restart the device. Please don't sign up for Google Play Store yet!

5. Allow Google registration (NoTouchAuthDelegate)
    View attachment 4481943
    Code:

adb push C:\adb\Tv-NoTouchGsf.apk /sdcard/
    adb shell su -c chmod 755 /system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate/
    adb shell su -c rm /system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate/NoTouchAuthDelegate.apk
    adb shell su -c rm /sdcard/Tv-NoTouchGsf.apk

6. Install Google app to enable voice recognition (com.google.android.katniss)
    Now restart the device and then sign in to Google Play Store.

Then search for and install the "Google" app on the Play Store. It'll take a while (I use current Google 2.2.0.138699360).
    (Notice: The search in the Play Store does not work with the search button on the remote!)

7. Adjust the Xposed edge key configuration for the search button of the Fire TV remote
    Activate the "Keys" in the Xposed edge and add the new KEYCODE_SEARCH key (simply press the search key on the Fire Remote for recognition).

Use "Single Click" with the activity "com.google.android.katniss\.search.SearchActivity" and leave "Long press" empty. This is the standard function, you first have to click and release the microphone, wait until the input is ready ("Speak Now" appears), and then press and hold the microphone and speak, then release.
    More useful key assignments for the Leanback Launcher see attached photos:
    View attachment 4488212View attachment 4488213View attachment 4488214View attachment 4488215

8. Install Android TV Settings modified for Fire TV
    Once you have installed the aftv2atv Fire TV settings (better than the modified settings apk from PlayFire), you can choose which apps the Google Assistant is allowed to search for hits.
    View attachment 4488216
    Code:

adb push C:\adb\TvSettings-2.1.1.apk /sdcard/
    adb shell su -c cp /sdcard/TvSettings-2.1.1.apk /system/priv-app/TvSettings/TvSettings.apk
    adb shell su -c chmod 644 /system/priv-app/TvSettings/TvSettings.apk
    adb shell su -c chown root:root /system/priv-app/TvSettings/TvSettings.apk
    adb shell su -c rm /sdcard/TvSettings-2.1.1.apk

9. Finish
    Reboot for the last time.

That's all and now you will boot directly in Leanback Launcher and start the voice search by pressing the search button in Leanback Launcher and Kodi.
    Google Assistant also now finds hits in Kodi (movies, tv shows and music, if Kodi already is running), along with other sources such as YouTube, Spotify, etc. (directly install these apps from Google Play Store)

10. Optional: Access Amazon settings
    If you still need to access the Amazon settings, you can install my modified conFIREator Settings app additionally (More details click here):
    View attachment 4488238

Known issues
    Although the cast receivers are displayed and found correctly, no device could connect. Looks like Google has something here against unlicensed cast receivers.

After step 5 your guide says install the google app, when i log into google and search for the app it wont let me install it ? i get error code 0
    I have an issue with Prime Video. It open up, shows me my episodes but when I click to play, I get the spinning circle and then an error message of not being able to play the video. I have tried all the various Prime Video apks but no luck. If I sign out of my Prime Video account ( have to authorize via Code), it plays the trailers of shows. Help!

That's up to you and not the mod. I just tried it and can play it with the current Prime APK series without any problems.

I use this APK: Amazon-Prime-Video-AndroidTV-4.8.69

103018092025.jpg
    103018092026.jpg