FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

I got Root for my Fire TV Stick 5.0.5.1!

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By jaminmc, Junior Member on 24th May 2016, 02:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I just got a Pixi 7 from T-mobile on thursday, and there is a app on the Play Store called Kingo ROOT that I used to root my Pixi. So I used AGK Fire, and loaded it onto my Fire Stick, and ran it. I also had to put SuperUser on the Fire Stick. Now I have root, and disabled the Blacklist, and ota updates.

If this is known, and a guarded secret, please let me know

I was surprised that it worked
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaminmc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jaminmc Ad-Free

24th May 2016, 03:31 PM |#2  
Flag Sunderland
Thanks Meter: 150

More
Which Kingo root app (imagine you type in Kingo root) is it the first selection? from the playstore did you use? Im wanting my fire stick 5.0.5.1 Rooted also. Cheers
24th May 2016, 03:47 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
@jaminmc
do you mean that one? https://www.kingoapp.com/
24th May 2016, 03:54 PM |#4  
Flag Sunderland

More
Tried 5 times now and I get root failed. Im using the one downloaded straight from www.kingoapp.com. Maybe he used a different version?
24th May 2016, 04:09 PM |#5  
Carolina
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sconnyuk

Maybe he used a different version?

He used the play store version
24th May 2016, 04:16 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 553

More
Rooting app in playstorw? That won't last long. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
24th May 2016, 04:20 PM |#7  
Flag Sunderland

More
Yes I read that he used playstore version but when I try to get the playstore version I cant seem to find it, so went directly to the website of the app he used. I tried v3.1 and no success.
24th May 2016, 04:46 PM |#8  
Carolina
Thanks Meter: 6

More
@jaminmc Can you link us to the play store app?
The Following User Says Thank You to stank22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stank22 Ad-Free
24th May 2016, 04:53 PM |#9  
Flag Sunderland

More
Im currently waiting on a replacement fire tv stick to arrive tomorrow and im wondering if its going to come on 5.0.5 or 5.0.5.1 any idea people?
24th May 2016, 08:26 PM |#10  
Flag Sunderland

More
Tried all 3 versions of Kingo root. 2.5, 2.9 and 3.1. None have been successful in rooting 5.0.5.1. I can only assume the op is mistaken.?
The Following User Says Thank You to sconnyuk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sconnyuk Ad-Free
25th May 2016, 06:06 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Here is the exact APK I used. I also had to have the app "Rotate screen orientation " lock all apps in landscape mode, as kingo wants to open in portrait.

Below should be all you need...

You will need a mouse, or I just used "RemoteMouse" with my iPhone.

The first time I ran it, I thought it froze, and I held the center, Play-pause buttons to reboot the Fire Stick, and on reboot, I ran it again, and it worked. While it was rebooting, the progress bar started moving. SuperUser needs to be installed for it to work.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Kingo ROOT.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.43 MB, 26378 views)
File Type: apk SuperUser.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.69 MB, 8730 views)
File Type: apk RotateScreenOrientation.apk - [Click for QR Code] (295.2 KB, 6916 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jaminmc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jaminmc Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)